Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > CDCR - What You Need to Know > California Prison Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Prison Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss California prison Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics. If you have a question about or want to discuss these issues in a specific facility, please visit that facility's subforum in the California forum.

Old 12-17-2008, 11:37 AM

Default global tel link question

Hello ladies good morning .i would love to ask does some one gets bill directly from globel tell link ,that you have to fax the phone bill and then apply for new account and insted to do a pre pay account is a bill account .
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2008, 02:45 PM
-----------------------
Donation Award 

Thanked 18,160 Times in 7,204 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariade View Post
Hello ladies good morning .i would love to ask does some one gets bill directly from globel tell link ,that you have to fax the phone bill and then apply for new account and insted to do a pre pay account is a bill account .
I'm not sure what you're saying here, Hon. I have a Direct Bill Account with GTL, so I get an invoice right from them every month and yes, when I first set it up, I needed to fax them the front page of my home phone bill. Once I did that, they called me 2 days later and we set up my PIN number (like a password - 4 digits) and then it was all set and I started getting calls from my hubby no problem and I've never had a problem since.

Knock on wood!!!
Old 12-20-2008, 12:57 AM
Miss my KiNg

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliferzwife View Post
I have a Direct Bill Account with GTL, so I get an invoice right from them every month and yes, when I first set it up, I needed to fax them the front page of my home phone bill. Once I did that, they called me 2 days later and we set up my PIN number (like a password - 4 digits) and then it was all set and I started getting calls from my hubby no problem and I've never had a problem since.

Knock on wood!!!

I use to get billed from Verizon, but now GTL is telling me I have to do a prepaid acct. That my house phone is coming up in there system as a cell phone, is there anything I can do to fight it? As it is my HOUSE phone and NOT my cell?? I don't even own a cell!! Will I always have to do a prepaid acct or will I ever get a bill??

Last edited by ju's wife; 12-20-2008 at 12:58 AM..
Old 12-20-2008, 09:15 AM
-----------------------
Donation Award 

Thanked 18,160 Times in 7,204 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ju's wife View Post
I use to get billed from Verizon, but now GTL is telling me I have to do a prepaid acct. That my house phone is coming up in there system as a cell phone, is there anything I can do to fight it? As it is my HOUSE phone and NOT my cell?? I don't even own a cell!! Will I always have to do a prepaid acct or will I ever get a bill??
Can't you get something from Verizon stating that your phone is a land line and not a cell?
Old 12-20-2008, 12:38 PM
I belong to him
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,847 Times in 1,719 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ju's wife View Post

My account was originally a pre-paid, with a call limit. I put $100 & got a limit of 12 calls. They only block my calls once I'm over the call limit. As of now I have a call limit of 26 (they let me increase it every month that I pay the bill) & I owe them $56. I do get a bill every month now.
Not sure if this even answered your question or helps at all

~grumpy's wifey~

Loyalty IS Everything!!

Old 12-20-2008, 06:33 PM
Miss my KiNg

I had to fax my phone bill and ID.And they still said it was a cell phone that I have to be on a prepaid thing. Which I guess has it good and bad effects. But it was so much easier to just have it added to phone bill. Dealing with GTL for the past 2 weeks trying to get this settles has been a mess.

Old 12-20-2008, 07:57 PM

Thanked 2,620 Times in 1,199 Posts

Call or email Monica McGrath CDCR contact for GTL problems:
(916) 255-2217 or
Monica.McGrath@cdcr.ca.gov
The Following User Says Thank You to 2sleepy For This Useful Post:
Junior'sQueen (12-20-2008)
Old 12-20-2008, 10:15 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,945 Times in 1,338 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariade View Post
YEP, this is what I had to do. I have COX cable/phone/internet and I had to fax my bill over to them. I heard if you have Verizon landline or AT&T, you don't need a GTL account that they will just bill you on your housephone as they have a contract with Verizon & AT&T. Anyway....Then I had to put like $50 bucks or so down when I first started. And that first month they gave me I think it was around 6 calls. And then pay the bill on time, and the next month you ask for a increase, or two months later, and they increased it, to a few months after, I finally had a limit of 30 calls.

Just a couple of weeks ago, I asked them if I could have a PREPAID account and just continue to put money on my account and they said NO. They said "the computer" says what kind of account you can have. I was like, what? I told them I know many people that have Prepaid with unlimited calls, as long as there was money on the account. They said between their computer system, my phone company and whatever else, I could not have prepaid and would have a direct remit account, where they send me a bill every month. I just go on line and pay it, and usually pay extra, so there is always a credit.
The Following User Says Thank You to Junior'sQueen For This Useful Post:
South Bay (08-12-2009)
Old 12-28-2008, 02:13 AM

I have cox also, but i didnt have to set up an account with gtl. And i have gotten more then 6calls.. Im not sure how much each call is, i just started to get them. If any body has any info on the cost in san diego please let me know.. Thanks
Old 12-28-2008, 02:33 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,945 Times in 1,338 Posts

Hi HISWIFEY: I'm not in San Diego, but I am about an hour north of SD, and my costs for a 15 min call is $3.50. Maybe yours would be close? hope someone comes along to give you more of a solid answer.
The Following User Says Thank You to Junior'sQueen For This Useful Post:
HISWIFEY2008 (12-28-2008)
Old 12-28-2008, 05:31 PM

thanks juniors queen.... wow thats alot less then what i was expecting...