Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arizona General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Arizona that do not fit into any other Arizona sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2004, 08:22 PM
Laura

Quote:
Originally Posted by az-tears
Hi,
My name is Patty, Lived in Phoenix now for 9 yrs moved here from California San Gabriel area (born and raised) Moved to Phoenix because my father and brother said they would help me with my teen son at the time.
Never did get the help! my son now is in prison doing 5 yrs all together he will of done 9 yrs for this.My son says this was the life he desired and where people said he belonged and now he's living it.He has given up on any future for himself,my son see's no light at the end of his tunnel only fire.
But I love him, he is my life I will stay here by his side,we will make it ! I have no family support, No one to talk too about my feelings, only my family here on PTO thank you again everyone for your support.
Hi Patty,
I'm sorry to hear about your situation. I will pray for you and your son. How old is your son if you don't mind me asking?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2004, 08:25 PM
Laura

Quote:
Originally Posted by new4az
My name is James ... I live in the east valley ... and spent 4.5 years of a 7 year sentence at lovely Leavenworth KS. I was released almost 3 years ago and moved here for work.

Your son may feel like he's given up ... or that life has nothing to give anymore, but that's obviously not the case. There are plenty of folks here on this board who have walked a path sililar to what he is traveling. You might want to read some of the success stories and pass them on to him. With lots of love and support he can have a future. Stick with him!

James
James,
I'm so curious...Did you or do you struggle to find good work because you served a prison sentence? How did the world treat you when you got out and tried to get employment?
Old 07-27-2004, 08:49 AM

Cool thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarsmack
Hi Patty,
I'm sorry to hear about your situation. I will pray for you and your son. How old is your son if you don't mind me asking?
Hi Sugarsmack,
My son just turned 24 yrs July 13th, and let me tell you he got into as much trouble in prison on his B-day! As if he was out on the streets!
I always wondered why hamsters sometimes eat there young? I think I understand now!
Old 07-28-2004, 03:24 AM

Hi, I'm Karen. My boyfriend is in Alhambra right now. I have no clue were they are going to send him after that. He just served two years in cali and was tranfered to arizona last week. I use to live in Arizona, but I moved up to Oregon a year ago. I plan to move back down there to be closer to him, as soon as I hear were they are sending him. I hope to get to know you guys better. We are a good support system for each other. No one in my family understands what I'm going through. So thanks. And take care.
Old 07-29-2004, 08:22 PM
Cjmess/R's Honey

My daughter spent 9 months in Sheriff Joe's Tent City at Maricopa Co in AZ. That place is awful. Prisoner's of war have more rights and are treated better and eat better than they do there. I pray for anyone that has to go there. He needs tared and feathered!

Old 07-29-2004, 09:06 PM

Hello My Soon To Be Husband Is In Federal Prison In Phoenix. I Miss Him So Much. Can Anyone Help Me By Giving Me Information About The Prison He Is In. Thank You Jennifer35
Old 07-29-2004, 10:27 PM
Rons Girl

go to the adc website www.adc.state.az.us or the federal prison website youll find out everything you need to know and if you need anymore help just pm me
Old 07-30-2004, 12:58 AM
missing my chuy in Phx

Thumbs up

Hi! This site is a blessing from GOD! My name is Amy,27 yrs old, born and raised in AZ...live in west Phx...my son's father just got done doing 8 1/2 yrs...Madison, then Yuma, then Tuson and finally Douglas...
My best friend and new love just went in for violating probation...twiceHe is currently in county awaiting sentencing, at Sheriff Joe's luxurious Estrella Jail (the food is to die for! literally!) if not for commissary the inmates would starve. No Joke! Hoping and praying he won't have to do too much time.

Never been to jail or prison myself...but know quite a few who are and have been...one of my best friends since High School was a D.O. at Durango and Estrella Jail and currently training for C.O. at the ADC Acadamy at Perryville...I know way too much about our correctional facilities and too many friends and relatives in them to be proud...but if i can be some help, feel free to PM me...
Old 08-07-2004, 05:46 PM

Default Hi..

Hi there... My name is Christine... My BF was sentenced to 4 years...he is in Alhambra right now waiting for transfer.... The judge made a mistake and sentenced to 4 months so he was let out by mistake. I got to spend two great weeks with him. The evil prosecuter caught the mistake after the fact and called an emergency hearing...and he had to self surrender . We are waiting to see where he is transferred. Im not sure that I would call it "LOVE" I have known him for a while...but it didnt turn romantic until recently. But I care for him a lot and I only want what is best for him. I hope he is able to get some help while he is in.
It still is hard though. I just hope when he gets out that he can not pick that bottle back up.
Anyway..nice to meet you all.
Christine
Old 08-07-2004, 07:39 PM
Rons Girl

welcome christine, the waiting part is the hardest, someone once told me it never gets easy but it does get easier..keep your head up and try to live everyday like its your last and you will see time goes by so fast.
Old 08-07-2004, 08:53 PM

Well he has already been in most of the year...but just got sentenced on 6/28. So he has a bit of time served....he should be eligible for parole in Dec 2006. That seems like such a small amount of time to bother putting him in a higher security yard. I am not sympathetic toward breaking the law but I am sympathetic toward what is going on now.

And BTW everyone be sure to register to vote! Im sure from what I've seen that it goes without saying that a vote against Joe Arpio is a vote well used!!! (Even if I wasnt a Democrat! LOL)
Old 08-07-2004, 09:29 PM
Missing Gilbert...

Hi, my name is Michelle and my husband is in Douglas. He has been there for a little over a year and still has 2 left. It has been harder than I ever thought possible. I am so thankful I found PTO. It helps so much to know there are more people out there going through the same thing I am. I have 3 kids and it's nice to talk to other adults who wont pass judgement. Anyways, I hope I will be able to talk with some of you, I am looking forward to that...
Old 08-07-2004, 10:38 PM
Rons Girl

welcome to PTO michelle, theres a lot of support, if you need to talk you canjsut pm me anytime
Old 08-08-2004, 12:33 AM

Talking Hi all!!

Hi there! My name is Cheryl and my hubby was arrested at his place of employment by US Marshall's on 7-14-04. He has since spent 16 days in Durango, and extradited to South Carolina on 7-30. He was "delivered" (their term not mine...LOL) to SC on 8-4 and his revocation hearing is set for August 19th. Fast, Fast, Fast... I have lived in AZ since March of 1994 and have 3 children(teenagers...UGH!!)

I hope to hear good news from the hearing and ask that everyone pray for my hubby to get to come home quickly. His employer is awaiting his return, and have been wonderful through this whole ordeal.

I am glad to see that there are so many "open" people here in AZ when involved with such devastating circumstances. If I can be of any help, or you just need an ear...please feel free to pm me. My background is in Criminal Justice and Human Services and my favorite hobby is to do law research and missing people searches.

Thanks for lending me your eyes for a bit...hope to chat with you soon!

Please say a prayer for my hubby's hearing!! We can use all the help we can get!!

Cheryl
Old 08-11-2004, 03:22 PM
Chirp Loves her Perch

Hi
My husbadn was sentenced to 2 years for Domestic violence. We want to stay together and work things out. Meth (a mean evil drug) was the reason for our fights. We never have a cross word or look unless that is in the picture. Will I be able to talk to hom, visit, can he come home to me? I am scared, bills rollling in, not working, depressed, no one wants to HELP familiy stay together - they just talk ablout divorce!!! Please reply!!!
Old 08-11-2004, 03:31 PM
Rons Girl

Hi Birdie welcome to PTO, you find lots of support here. Meth is an evil drug I had some experiences with it the same way you did. Ron(my fiancee) and I never fought or got into arguments until we started using it and it was then we realized we didnt want to do it(meth) anymore. Stay strong for him if you love him and remember to listen to your heart and dont always listen to what everyone(family, friends) try to tell you, they may not always be right. If I listened to everything my family told me I wouldnt have given Ron a chance and then I wouldnt be about to have a beautiful baby girl in december. Two years may sound like a long time but if you love him enough it will go by fast. He will be able to write to you as soon as you get approved on his visitation list. He will send you a visitation packet in the mail, you fill it out and send it to the visittation office where he is in prison at and once they approve you, you can visit him and he can call you. But for now you can send him letters. Thats what I do for right now until Ron sends me my visitation packet.
Old 08-12-2004, 11:24 AM

Hi my name is joyceski have a step son in Florence Arizona. He is 33 and would really like someone besides me to write to him. He will be out in March of 2005 Please let me know if you would like to write him...he needs alittle cheering up!
Old 08-13-2004, 06:07 PM
Holding on tight

Cool in love with husband that started as my penpal

I just got married to my soulmate on August 9,2004
It is very hard being apart
My situation is little different
I met him 12 1/2 years ago on the phone through someone i knew that was in same prison as my huband
I never been with him except in side visiting rooms our relationship consisted of phone calls, letters and visits
We found each other again just before the holidays last year.

And now we are man and wife.
I learned over the years that is more to a marriage then I ever thought I knew about.

I dont know when my husband is coming home
when we started the weddiing planning I looked at the whole picture could be a really long time before he did come home but I could not take a chance of loosing what we have ever again so I am probably one of the happiest people on earth and in love more and more every day

The say you dont know what you have til it is gone
I think most the time that means when you have had the whole package

I am looking for anyone that knows more and less then i do about the system
Any one that has a question regarding ASPC in the Phoenix areas. let me know just getting married I have learned alot of how to get through alot of tape.

I love the fact PTO is here

In love with my husband

Ruth

:love:

:love:
Old 09-01-2004, 03:27 AM

hello ariozna, my man has been in for 5 years now. and today his P.O. came to the house to check it out.his release date isn't until january 19th 2005. but the p.O. told his mom that he could be released anytime now. has anyone heard of them letting inmates out early?I thought maybe it was because of all the prisons being so full. and the jails are about the same way.if anyone knows anything about this could you please get back wih me. I haven't been with my man in 5 years I will be so happy if there is some turth to what he said. maybe just maybe dreams do come true.I can only pray now. I've missed so much. take care everybody and keep the faith. toni
Old 09-01-2004, 11:30 PM

Hi ya'll mt name is Jennifer and my fiance is currently awaiting sentencing on his plea for 1.5-2.5 years. We have both lived in Arizona our entire lives. This website truly is a god send sometimes I know whenever I come home feeling down I can come here for some inspiration and advice Good luck everyone and thanks again PTO
Old 09-10-2004, 06:41 PM
Only Jesse's Friend Now

Unhappy

My Name is Pam. My boyfriend Jesse is at ASPC winslow. I live in california.
Old 09-10-2004, 08:13 PM

Default My Baby Brother!

Hello, my name is Helen, I'm 24 and I live in California. My 19 year old brother is serving a 5.5 year sentence in ASPC-Lewis Unit: Buckley. He was charged with armed robbery. An older man gave him cocaine for about a week and convinced him and a few other kids to rob this house of a couple that owed the older man money . Our mother died of a drug over-dose when he was 8 months old and our father has been in prison since he was 3 yrs. I am devastated that we live in different states and I was not there to support and encourage him at the time of the crime. I know it's not my fault but as his older sister/ mother figure, it eats at me. I also hate that I am in another state which makes it difficult to visit him as often as I would like. Everything that I read about prisons and the Arizona legal system horrfies me. All I can do is support him the best I can and pray that he does not lose hope of having a bright future after this dark time.
Old 09-11-2004, 05:55 AM
Chirp Loves her Perch

Default Hi

Hi - My husband is at ASPV Winslow, Apache Unit. He just got there the in August and is doing 2 years for Domestic Violence. Would love to talk to ya Where in calif ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencersgirl
My Name is Pam. My boyfriend Jesse is at ASPC winslow. I live in california.

Last edited by Dale'sforever; 09-26-2005 at 10:15 PM..
Old 09-11-2004, 08:44 PM

I think I wrote to you and told that my guy just left winslow he was in the kiabab side I didn't know there was anything but the two sides up there the one you are speaking of must be in a different spot than these two units. but if you want to know anything about those I will be glad to help you out. my guy is in safford now do to get out in januasry. but at any rate take care, boobbetrap
Old 09-18-2004, 01:28 PM

Hi my name is Charity My husband is in Barchey unit at lewis prison. He is doing 25- life unless by some miricle we get his appeal granted. He has already done 11years and to tell the truth I have been able to be strong until recently and my life has fallen apart due to a diagnosis of cancer. I am 27 years old with a 7 year old daughter and I have never needed my husband home as bad as I do now. I live in tucson and drive to buckeye every weekend, if anyone out there does the same and would being willing to car pool I would greatly appreciate it.
Closed Thread