Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > KENTUCKY > Kentucky Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Kentucky Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Kentucky.

Old 11-11-2010, 01:15 PM

Default Location of SAP programs in KY?

What jails in Ky have the SAP program? Also, if you have to complete the SAP program before released someone told my nephew that you can do the SAP program in a half way house. Does anyone know if this is true?
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2010, 01:29 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 35,013 Times in 16,151 Posts

Just like the jails, some 1/2way houses have SAP and some don't. For the prisons that offer SAP, one would have to go to the DOC website and check the programs offered at every prison individually For county jails, I have looked and looked and looked for a list of facilities/programs offered. It does not exist that I can find. Have your incarcerated loved one ask the Class D Coordinator for a list of facilities......if you can get your hands on one, please scan/post it!! Sorry I wasn't much help, but a lack of forthcoming info from the DOC/County Jail Systems is one of my biggest pet peeves

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 12-16-2010, 09:43 AM

pewee valley and wkcc for women do sap but wkcc is fixing to have to close theres the govenor is very un happy with them.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchouli View Post
Just like the jails, some 1/2way houses have SAP and some don't. For the prisons that offer SAP, one would have to go to the DOC website and check the programs offered at every prison individually For county jails, I have looked and looked and looked for a list of facilities/programs offered. It does not exist that I can find. Have your incarcerated loved one ask the Class D Coordinator for a list of facilities......if you can get your hands on one, please scan/post it!! Sorry I wasn't much help, but a lack of forthcoming info from the DOC/County Jail Systems is one of my biggest pet peeves
Hi I dont know if you are still looking but this site contains the info that you have been looking for. I have a question though. How does good time count with the SAP??? I know if you refuse you lose all that you had and you dont get anymore. Hope this helps
www.corrections.ky.gov/NR/rdonlyres/78D21FB5-5F52-48F3-B84C- 864496551A3D/0/SAPPUB.pdf
Old 06-10-2011, 08:13 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

I can't get the web-addy to go through...I get a 404/Page not found message.

After completing SAP, the offender gets 90 days off his/her sentence. I don't see how they can deny you future Good Time for refusing to take SAP, but I guess anything is possible. You won't get that 90 day credit, that's for sure.

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 06-10-2011, 08:26 PM

Quote:
I can't get the web-addy to go through...I get a 404/Page not found message.

After completing SAP, the offender gets 90 days off his/her sentence. I don't see how they can deny you future Good Time for refusing to take SAP, but I guess anything is possible. You won't get that 90 day credit, that's for sure.
I could be reading it wrong but in appendix on last pages of sap pub/manual is an app to enroll also a refusal letter that if you refuse sap will not get future good time. also talks about reapplying for sap.

http://www.corrections.ky.gov/NR/rdo...D/0/SAPPUB.pdf

Another shows who was released and how for month

www.corrections.ky.gov/NR/rdonlyres/C908FF73-5ED4-4227-A8BF- E5F2DB88D41E/260504/ReleasesJune82011.pdf.

if these dont open they are located

http://www.corrections.ky.gov/

look for resource manuals and inside corrections newsletters. there is also pre release info manual. lots of pics of correction facilities that maybe someone out of area would like to see.

Last edited by mom981; 06-10-2011 at 08:52 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to mom981 For This Useful Post:
patchouli (06-10-2011)
Old 06-10-2011, 09:34 PM
PTO Administrator

Donation Award 

I have been looking for that list FOREVER! Thank You! I haven't searched for while and this seems to be a new pdf. I am forever greatful to you for posting this.

I don't interpret it to mean that all future Good Time is forfeited for refusal though, just if the inmate is accepted and/or transportd for the program then refuses:

D. Program Participation Refusal.
Each inmate may refuse admission to the program by signing a written refusal. A copy of the written refusal shall be entered into KOMS. Meritorious Good Time may not be awarded to an inmate who refuses the program (pg 18 bu tua gptta read the previous 17 pages).

Anywho, for future reference I will mamke this a "sticky thread" in the Ky Doc What You Need to Know sub-forum

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 06-14-2011, 04:18 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
I have been looking for that list FOREVER! Thank You! I haven't searched for while and this seems to be a new pdf. I am forever greatful to you for posting this.

I don't interpret it to mean that all future Good Time is forfeited for refusal though, just if the inmate is accepted and/or transportd for the program then refuses:

D. Program Participation Refusal.
Each inmate may refuse admission to the program by signing a written refusal. A copy of the written refusal shall be entered into KOMS. Meritorious Good Time may not be awarded to an inmate who refuses the program (pg 18 bu tua gptta read the previous 17 pages).

Anywho, for future reference I will mamke this a "sticky thread" in the Ky Doc What You Need to Know sub-forum
No problem glad I could help.