Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > HAWAII Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

HAWAII Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions Topics and conversations dealing with the State of Hawaii - Department of Corrections, Criminal Justice System, Prisoner & Family Support, News & Information, etc.

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2015, 02:14 AM
Leslie967200 Leslie967200 is offline
Registered User

Join Date: May 2015
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question What is Rule 35?

My husband was sentenced to 240 days straight time. How long does he need to serve before he can get reconsideration? I got conflicting information, was told he had to serve 1/3 of his sentence, than they said 1/2 of sentence, lawyer said he has to serve 180 days cause that is what he agreed to in his plea. He was even trying to get house arrest, but they keep telling me he can't get that. I keep hitting stone walls in my efforts to get my husband out.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2015, 07:09 AM
patchouli's Avatar
patchouli patchouli is offline
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 41,526
Thanks: 41,961
Thanked 35,046 Times in 16,166 Posts


Rule 35. CORRECTION OR REDUCTION OF SENTENCE. (a) Correction of Illegal Sentence. The court may correct an illegal sentence at any time and may correct a sentence imposed in an illegal manner within the time provided herein for the reduction of sentence. A motion made by a defendant to correct an illegal sentence more than 90 days after the sentence is imposed shall be made pursuant to Rule 40 of these rules. A motion to correct a sentence that is made within the 90 day time period shall empower the court to act on such motion even though the time period has expired.
(b) Reduction of Sentence. The court may reduce a sentence within 90 days after the sentence is imposed, or within 90 days after receipt by the court of a mandate issued upon affirmance of the judgment or dismissal of the appeal, or within 90 days after entry of any order or judgment of the Supreme Court of the United States denying review of, or having the effect of upholding the judgment of conviction. A motion to reduce a sentence that is made within the time prior shall empower the court to act on such motion even though the time period has expired. The filing of a notice of appeal shall not deprive the court of jurisdiction to entertain a timely motion to reduce a sentence.
(Amended October 15, 1980, effective October 15, 1980; further amended April 25, 2003, effective July 1, 2003.)

EDIT: I'm not sure if this is what you're actually needing

patchouli, PTO Admin

Last edited by patchouli; 05-12-2015 at 07:14 AM..
Reply With Quote


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What is Rule 32 in Alabama? Caoln256 Alabama General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat 8 11-20-2009 10:34 PM
Golden Rule vs. Silver Rule GHOTI The Spiritual Connection 7 03-09-2008 07:42 AM
Rule by fear or rule by law? Judeca World Prison News 4 02-05-2008 01:52 PM
Seating at Visitation Tables - Is This A SCDC Rule Or A Certain Co's Rule sweetnsassy_295 South Carolina Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail 10 04-05-2007 02:20 PM
Rule 35b NicknBree Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat 2 01-18-2006 02:00 PM

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:37 PM.
Copyright © 2001- 2017 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics