Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison & Criminal Justice News & Events + 3 Strikes
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Prison & Criminal Justice News & Events + 3 Strikes Do you have news relating to California's Prison or Ciminal Justice System and related efforts? Post them here! Also discuss 3 Strike laws.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-17-2015, 05:55 PM
Joy Juego Joy Juego is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: May 2009
Location: ca united states
Posts: 766
Thanks: 182
Thanked 523 Times in 240 Posts
Cool June court order

http://www.cdcr.ca.gov/News/docs/3JP...tus-Report.pdf

And they lived happily ever after

Last edited by Joy Juego; 06-17-2015 at 05:57 PM..
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Joy Juego For This Useful Post:
KobeDeuce (06-22-2015), lionmom (06-21-2015), mikeq (06-22-2015), sadmominwi (06-23-2015)
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 06-22-2015, 07:46 AM
mikeq's Avatar
mikeq mikeq is offline
Registered User
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: San Diego,California USA
Posts: 964
Thanks: 1,723
Thanked 2,569 Times in 715 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy Juego View Post
Draggin their feet as usual. Its in their interest to keep our loved ones as long as possible. The 50% parole process is a travesty. They have approved less than half of those reviewed. ELder parole is also another example. SMH
__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikeq For This Useful Post:
AnarchyHeart (06-23-2015), KobeDeuce (06-22-2015), Lexhearnes (06-22-2015)
  #3  
Old 06-22-2015, 09:55 PM
Joy Juego Joy Juego is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: May 2009
Location: ca united states
Posts: 766
Thanks: 182
Thanked 523 Times in 240 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeq View Post
Draggin their feet as usual. Its in their interest to keep our loved ones as long as possible. The 50% parole process is a travesty. They have approved less than half of those reviewed. ELder parole is also another example. SMH
Dragging their feet and telling their stories as usual.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Joy Juego For This Useful Post:
AnarchyHeart (06-23-2015)
  #4  
Old 06-23-2015, 12:04 AM
AnarchyHeart's Avatar
AnarchyHeart AnarchyHeart is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: CA
Posts: 1,619
Thanks: 975
Thanked 1,720 Times in 908 Posts
Default

I would really love to know what they are going on as far as second strike parole. Or should I say what orders they were given on how to determine. My husband is on a level one yard and he has said only one has been denied because of prior prison conduct. Not sure if he made it to the board or was denied beforehand. So curious and would love to hear from anyone thru this. And I guess this may be the big question. Are they looking at much or just current status. And this is me thinking out loud. Are they only giving parole to lower point inmates or are they actually looking at files. I know my husbands counselor is completely swamped with these files. So do they even have staff to do these 'hearings' or are they doing the minimum 'as known to do' and pushing them thru only looking for certain things. So frustrating. Well brushing thru may be good for him. So maybe this will actually benefit us. Prison record good. Looks and his past... Not so much.
Again, any word or first hand knowledge of any of this... Please share.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-23-2015, 03:12 PM
mikeq's Avatar
mikeq mikeq is offline
Registered User
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: San Diego,California USA
Posts: 964
Thanks: 1,723
Thanked 2,569 Times in 715 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnarchyHeart View Post
I would really love to know what they are going on as far as second strike parole. Or should I say what orders they were given on how to determine. My husband is on a level one yard and he has said only one has been denied because of prior prison conduct. Not sure if he made it to the board or was denied beforehand. So curious and would love to hear from anyone thru this. And I guess this may be the big question. Are they looking at much or just current status. And this is me thinking out loud. Are they only giving parole to lower point inmates or are they actually looking at files. I know my husbands counselor is completely swamped with these files. So do they even have staff to do these 'hearings' or are they doing the minimum 'as known to do' and pushing them thru only looking for certain things. So frustrating. Well brushing thru may be good for him. So maybe this will actually benefit us. Prison record good. Looks and his past... Not so much.
Again, any word or first hand knowledge of any of this... Please share.
I do know that its a two-step process..qualifying (eligibility, behavior while down etc) then the DA and victims have a chance to oppose the early release. I'm thinking based on the high number of denials, that any adverse info back from a DA or a victims, the Board denies flat out...there is less than a 50% approval rate so far....
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-23-2015, 11:18 PM
AnarchyHeart's Avatar
AnarchyHeart AnarchyHeart is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: CA
Posts: 1,619
Thanks: 975
Thanked 1,720 Times in 908 Posts
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeq View Post
I do know that its a two-step process..qualifying (eligibility, behavior while down etc) then the DA and victims have a chance to oppose the early release. I'm thinking based on the high number of denials, that any adverse info back from a DA or a victims, the Board denies flat out...there is less than a 50% approval rate so far....
My husband does know one guy who did get a bad feedback from the DA and still made parole. So that's one of the things that has me baffled. Because he is seeing everyone actually get approved for parole release. Maybe it's because he is on a level one yard and is mostly seeing level 1 and 2. ??? I guess time will tell.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Court order restraining order placed but victim won't stay away? ycvtw The Nimuay Domestic Violence Support Forum 9 02-19-2013 03:04 PM
Checked website for court date and it says: COURT ORDER FOR RELEASE ?? xxashxxbash General Prison Talk 2 08-22-2012 02:20 PM
Will judge order me to appear in court in order to terminate Probation early? annat Probation, Parole & Supervision 0 04-01-2008 08:55 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:02 AM.
Copyright © 2001- 2017 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics