Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison & Criminal Justice News & Events + 3 Strikes
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Prison & Criminal Justice News & Events + 3 Strikes Do you have news relating to California's Prison or Ciminal Justice System and related efforts? Post them here! Also discuss 3 Strike laws.

Old 06-17-2015, 05:55 PM

Cool June court order

http://www.cdcr.ca.gov/News/docs/3JP...tus-Report.pdf

And they lived happily ever after

Last edited by Joy Juego; 06-17-2015 at 05:57 PM..
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Joy Juego For This Useful Post:
KobeDeuce (06-22-2015), lionmom (06-21-2015), mikeq (06-22-2015), sadmominwi (06-23-2015)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2015, 07:46 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,569 Times in 715 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy Juego View Post
Draggin their feet as usual. Its in their interest to keep our loved ones as long as possible. The 50% parole process is a travesty. They have approved less than half of those reviewed. ELder parole is also another example. SMH
Old 06-22-2015, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeq View Post
Draggin their feet as usual. Its in their interest to keep our loved ones as long as possible. The 50% parole process is a travesty. They have approved less than half of those reviewed. ELder parole is also another example. SMH
Dragging their feet and telling their stories as usual.
The Following User Says Thank You to Joy Juego For This Useful Post:
AnarchyHeart (06-23-2015)
Old 06-23-2015, 12:04 AM

Thanked 1,720 Times in 908 Posts

I would really love to know what they are going on as far as second strike parole. Or should I say what orders they were given on how to determine. My husband is on a level one yard and he has said only one has been denied because of prior prison conduct. Not sure if he made it to the board or was denied beforehand. So curious and would love to hear from anyone thru this. And I guess this may be the big question. Are they looking at much or just current status. And this is me thinking out loud. Are they only giving parole to lower point inmates or are they actually looking at files. I know my husbands counselor is completely swamped with these files. So do they even have staff to do these 'hearings' or are they doing the minimum 'as known to do' and pushing them thru only looking for certain things. So frustrating. Well brushing thru may be good for him. So maybe this will actually benefit us. Prison record good. Looks and his past... Not so much.
Again, any word or first hand knowledge of any of this... Please share.
Old 06-23-2015, 03:12 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,569 Times in 715 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnarchyHeart View Post
I would really love to know what they are going on as far as second strike parole. Or should I say what orders they were given on how to determine. My husband is on a level one yard and he has said only one has been denied because of prior prison conduct. Not sure if he made it to the board or was denied beforehand. So curious and would love to hear from anyone thru this. And I guess this may be the big question. Are they looking at much or just current status. And this is me thinking out loud. Are they only giving parole to lower point inmates or are they actually looking at files. I know my husbands counselor is completely swamped with these files. So do they even have staff to do these 'hearings' or are they doing the minimum 'as known to do' and pushing them thru only looking for certain things. So frustrating. Well brushing thru may be good for him. So maybe this will actually benefit us. Prison record good. Looks and his past... Not so much.
Again, any word or first hand knowledge of any of this... Please share.
I do know that its a two-step process..qualifying (eligibility, behavior while down etc) then the DA and victims have a chance to oppose the early release. I'm thinking based on the high number of denials, that any adverse info back from a DA or a victims, the Board denies flat out...there is less than a 50% approval rate so far....
Old 06-23-2015, 11:18 PM

Thanked 1,720 Times in 908 Posts
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeq View Post
I do know that its a two-step process..qualifying (eligibility, behavior while down etc) then the DA and victims have a chance to oppose the early release. I'm thinking based on the high number of denials, that any adverse info back from a DA or a victims, the Board denies flat out...there is less than a 50% approval rate so far....
My husband does know one guy who did get a bad feedback from the DA and still made parole. So that's one of the things that has me baffled. Because he is seeing everyone actually get approved for parole release. Maybe it's because he is on a level one yard and is mostly seeing level 1 and 2. ??? I guess time will tell.