Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Prison Talk Does your issue not fit into another forum? Post it here. Find support, answers and assistance.

Old 01-07-2019, 05:52 PM

Default Is anyone's loved one in prison for probation violation?

Feels like 2020 is taking forever!
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2019, 06:34 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 22,063 Times in 12,741 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk. Yes, the prison calendar moves slowly for prisoners and for their loved ones too.
Old 01-07-2019, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbopnomore View Post
Welcome to Prison Talk. Yes, the prison calendar moves slowly for prisoners and for their loved ones too.

Thank you! Yes I know, my fiancť is in prision . But Iím still going to ride or die for him !
The Following User Says Thank You to Johnsgirl16 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (01-08-2019)
Old 01-14-2019, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsgirl16 View Post
Feels like 2020 is taking forever!
Mine is unfortunately but good news is heíll be home soon
The Following User Says Thank You to TASSSSH For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (01-15-2019)
Old 01-15-2019, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TASSSSH View Post
Mine is unfortunately but good news is heíll be home soon

Thatís really good , I got 14 months
Old 01-15-2019, 07:47 PM

I am new to this site, my BF is in on his 2nd violation. 15 months, yeh I agree 2020 seems so far away...nice to meet you.
Old 01-15-2019, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Thatís really good , I got 14 months
Thatís not too bad trust me time is going soo very fast, my fiancť left in May 2016
Johnsgirl16 (01-16-2019)
Old 01-16-2019, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Thatís not too bad trust me time is going soo very fast, my fiancť left in May 2016

Yeah itís gone pretty fast just wish it was faster lol
Old 01-16-2019, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansas85 View Post
I am new to this site, my BF is in on his 2nd violation. 15 months, yeh I agree 2020 seems so far away...nice to meet you.

Nice to meet you! Hope it goes by fast!
Old 01-16-2019, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Yeah itís gone pretty fast just wish it was faster lol
Lol believe me I understand, just stay busy
Johnsgirl16 (01-16-2019)
Old 01-16-2019, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Lol believe me I understand, just stay busy

Oh Iím always busy lol, I have 2 little girls
Old 01-16-2019, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Nice to meet you! Hope it goes by fast!
Nice to meet u as well. Yeh I feel like its going super slow. Im waiting for a visit form still they keep returning it to him because he didn't write the correct information on it...how stupid. We talk every other day on phone and emails, but cant wait to visit. Ive never been to El Reno though so anxious. Where is your guy located? close to you I hope. I have 3 kids and a full time job so stay busy as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kansas85 For This Useful Post:
Johnsgirl16 (01-17-2019)
Old 01-17-2019, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Nice to meet u as well. Yeh I feel like its going super slow. Im waiting for a visit form still they keep returning it to him because he didn't write the correct information on it...how stupid. We talk every other day on phone and emails, but cant wait to visit. Ive never been to El Reno though so anxious. Where is your guy located? close to you I hope. I have 3 kids and a full time job so stay busy as well.

Heís 3 hours away ! We talk everyday, I visit him once a month! He was supposed to get a iPad but somebody stole them so we canít email and FaceTime
Old 01-17-2019, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Heís 3 hours away ! We talk everyday, I visit him once a month! He was supposed to get a iPad but somebody stole them so we canít email and FaceTime

That's great you can talk every day. I miss every day calls. My bf is in Feds and they get 300 mins a month so have to manage time. We do every other day one call for 15 mins. I plan to visit twice a month, Im in Kansas and hes down in Oklahoma. So 4 and a half hours away. Wow they have Ipads? That sucks someone stole them, there is always someone who ruins it for everyone. We email through Corrlinks, but right now the emails are really delayed and I get like one a day when hes writing way more..
Old 01-17-2019, 09:35 PM

Quote:
That's great you can talk every day. I miss every day calls. My bf is in Feds and they get 300 mins a month so have to manage time. We do every other day one call for 15 mins. I plan to visit twice a month, Im in Kansas and hes down in Oklahoma. So 4 and a half hours away. Wow they have Ipads? That sucks someone stole them, there is always someone who ruins it for everyone. We email through Corrlinks, but right now the emails are really delayed and I get like one a day when hes writing way more..

Yeah I wonít be able to get them every day because heís doing a program for his good time , so itíll be like a month. My boyfriend is in bare Hill Correctional Facility. Iím working on my license so I can see him more , yeah it must have been an employee because if a inmate had them you would know it.
Old 06-09-2019, 04:32 PM

My boyfriend was just sentenced to prison for his probation violation. Really sucks since his lawyer was making it seem like he was going to get a much lighter sentence than the judge gave him. He has to serve the 4 years they were holding over his head minus time served, so slightly under 2 years are left of the sentence. Hopefully he can get a judicial release in 6 months, would love to have him home in time for Christmas since this will be our first one together.
The Following User Says Thank You to Amandainohio For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (06-09-2019)
Old 06-09-2019, 04:42 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 22,063 Times in 12,741 Posts

I hope his probation will end when he is released. Otherwise it will still be hanging over his head. I know of a number of cases where folks asked the judge to sentence them to enough prison time so when they finally get out, the case will be totally finished.
Old 06-09-2019, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbopnomore View Post
I hope his probation will end when he is released. Otherwise it will still be hanging over his head. I know of a number of cases where folks asked the judge to sentence them to enough prison time so when they finally get out, the case will be totally finished.
Crap, now I will have to ask him if they had said anything about any more probation after he serves his time. I was so dumbfounded when the judge gave his sentence I blanked out a little and am just glad I made the drive home without getting in an accident.
Old 06-09-2019, 05:07 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amandainohio View Post
Crap, now I will have to ask him if they had said anything about any more probation after he serves his time. I was so dumbfounded when the judge gave his sentence I blanked out a little and am just glad I made the drive home without getting in an accident.
Yes best of luck to you! Mines in on a parole violation as well and has to serve 2 years. When heís done heíll be on paper for a year, h mess he decides to violate himself and serve 6 more months. Clearly idw him too, but if he thinks itís the best chance for success then I guess I have to accept it. Maybe heíll change his mind when we get closer. Itís hard for me to be upset about it becuz parole on electronic monitor has been very hard for him. I just wish he was home now (we all do right?!). This parole violation has been extremely difficult on us both.

ďIíd like to think that women are Gods, because we resurrect men. We lift them up so high they almost start to believe they can live without us.Ē

The Following User Says Thank You to jessesgirl1111 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (06-10-2019)
Old 06-09-2019, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessesgirl1111 View Post
Yes best of luck to you! Mines in on a parole violation as well and has to serve 2 years. When heís done heíll be on paper for a year, h mess he decides to violate himself and serve 6 more months. Clearly idw him too, but if he thinks itís the best chance for success then I guess I have to accept it. Maybe heíll change his mind when we get closer. Itís hard for me to be upset about it becuz parole on electronic monitor has been very hard for him. I just wish he was home now (we all do right?!). This parole violation has been extremely difficult on us both.
I think my guy would take the electronic monitoring over being in prison any day. I know he didnít enjoy being stuck at home 90% of the time he could at least have some forms of freedom. This is his 1st time ever having to serve any time beyond in jail. Good luck to both of you as well. Your right, we all wish our man was at home with us. I know I will definitely be counting down the time till he is out.
Old 06-09-2019, 09:49 PM

Thanked 1,754 Times in 700 Posts

My son was sentenced to 10 years with 6 months to serve at a detention center & the rest probation (ends in 2024). He was out for almost a year & got a technical probation violation. The DA wanted to revoke his whole remaining time to serve but the judge sentenced him to 2 years. He served the 2 years & has been out almost a year & 1/2. He will be on probation till 2024 unless the judge will agree to early termination.

Being on probation for long periods of time is awful. There are so many rules that have to be strictly followed & missing any of them can result in going back to prison to serve the whole rest of their time. My son almost wishes he would have served the whole sentence & been done. We later found out on the revocation that if he would have been sentenced to serve 3 years instead of 2, he would have been eligible to be released in 1 year because they only have to serve 1/3. But because it was 2 years, he had to serve the whole time.
I don't know about your state but where my son is a probation violation shows up on his background almost like a new felony even though there were no new charges for a crime. That sucks because his conviction was 2014 & the violation was 2016 so he'll have to wait til 2023 instead of 2021 for a "clean" 7 year background report.
The Following User Says Thank You to GaReform For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (06-10-2019)
Old 06-10-2019, 10:29 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaReform View Post
My son was sentenced to 10 years with 6 months to serve at a detention center & the rest probation (ends in 2024). He was out for almost a year & got a technical probation violation. The DA wanted to revoke his whole remaining time to serve but the judge sentenced him to 2 years. He served the 2 years & has been out almost a year & 1/2. He will be on probation till 2024 unless the judge will agree to early termination.

Being on probation for long periods of time is awful. There are so many rules that have to be strictly followed & missing any of them can result in going back to prison to serve the whole rest of their time. My son almost wishes he would have served the whole sentence & been done. We later found out on the revocation that if he would have been sentenced to serve 3 years instead of 2, he would have been eligible to be released in 1 year because they only have to serve 1/3. But because it was 2 years, he had to serve the whole time.
I don't know about your state but where my son is a probation violation shows up on his background almost like a new felony even though there were no new charges for a crime. That sucks because his conviction was 2014 & the violation was 2016 so he'll have to wait til 2023 instead of 2021 for a "clean" 7 year background report.

The system is definitely set up for failure and it really sucks.

ďIíd like to think that women are Gods, because we resurrect men. We lift them up so high they almost start to believe they can live without us.Ē

Old 06-10-2019, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessesgirl1111 View Post
The system is definitely set up for failure and it really sucks.
You would think that the system would try to set people up to succeed
Old 06-10-2019, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amandainohio View Post
You would think that the system would try to set people up to succeed
It really depends on the P.O, in my opinion. My man had one that was great and worked with us on appointments and drug tests depending on our schedule. We had to move to a different city so he got a new PO and the first day meeting him he literally said ďI can see you going back to prisonĒ and he made it almost impossible for him to succeed. Scheduling appointments at times we told him he had a job interview and everything. Itís a shame.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ricoluv29 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (06-10-2019)
Old 06-11-2019, 01:17 AM

Yes, mine got 2 years for violating probation. Good news is that he will be paper free and no more probation once he is done serving his time. Only have 18 weeks left! He violated just 2 weeks after having our baby girl.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gummybear89 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (06-11-2019)