Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW YORK > New York Prisons & Jails > NEW YORK CITY HUB - NY DOC
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

NEW YORK CITY HUB - NY DOC New York State Prisons & Institutions located inside the NEW YORK CITY HUB - Sing Sing, Edgecombe, Fulton, Lincoln, Queensboro, Bayview, Arthur Kill.

Old 04-15-2013, 05:31 AM
Together, were a FORCE!
Donation Award 

Post Information on Queensboro

My husband specifically asked that I "go to PTO and tell them how messy this place is".

Queensboro visitation policy is horrid. According to your last name is when you can visit. My husband visit day is Tuesday. For approx. 2 hours, ideally. But since the CO's don't start processing till visitation actually starts, and the line is long, you get less. Sometimes much less. His family visited with him for 35 minutes after waiting 3 hours. In the street. The facility is situated in an unlikely place for a prison, and the parking is practically nonexistent.
Packages- allowed only 10lbs a month.
Phone privileges- unlimited depeneding on phone availability
Food- oh boy! His blood pressure is high, because he's been eating from the commissary so much. Which only has junk food. The rodent problem is BAD! H says everything is in plastic containers and the droppings are crazy...at night while in bed, they hear the mice traps going off, or them squealing in the sticky traps. He sleeps with his shoes, since many times, they crawl in the shoes.
Programs- probably would be beneficial, if the teachers/counselors actually showed up consistently.
CO's- too, too,much to write. Just know that rudeness, and unprofessional ism is the NORM. Many female CO's who are always locking the guys up for looking at them. Especially the one that thinks she's Nikki Minaj, lol.

We have found the positive in this transfer. It was hard, but we did. He will be home, to Rochester in 63 days!
Any more specific information needed I can ask, since we talk constantly on the phone now.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mzneeta For This Useful Post:
O's Sweetheart (05-03-2013)
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2013, 07:52 PM
Crazy about him

My husband hates it there. He's been there two months now!

Engaged to the most amazing man in the planet 11/20/10!

Married 5/30/2011
Old 05-04-2013, 08:55 AM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

My BF was supposed to go but something happened for him to finish his bid where he is and he didn't have to go anymore. THANK GOD! He would have been miserable. I hope your honey comes home soon! As for you O, the light is at the end of the tunnel really soon!
Old 05-04-2013, 09:01 AM
Crazy about him

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceony76 View Post
My BF was supposed to go but something happened for him to finish his bid where he is and he didn't have to go anymore. THANK GOD! He would have been miserable. I hope your honey comes home soon! As for you O, the light is at the end of the tunnel really soon!
Girl, he's lucky!! Where O was before, Fishkill, was great. Loved it there . But oh well. It is what it is. To think you and I will be enjoying our hunnies at the same time, hehe Can't wait!!!!

Engaged to the most amazing man in the planet 11/20/10!

Married 5/30/2011
Old 05-05-2013, 10:43 PM
Together, were a FORCE!
Donation Award 

IceonNy wehave 41 days left! Be very, very thankful yours didnt land there. The only reason he's handling it better is because once he walks out that's place, it will be his whole family there as his people are all in Brooklyn. So his mother, father, sister, and me will all be there when he walks out. We plan to chill with family for a couple of hours then board the plane to Rochester (home) late that night. So so excited!
Old 05-06-2013, 05:27 AM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzneeta
IceonNy wehave 41 days left! Be very, very thankful yours didnt land there. The only reason he's handling it better is because once he walks out that's place, it will be his whole family there as his people are all in Brooklyn. So his mother, father, sister, and me will all be there when he walks out. We plan to chill with family for a couple of hours then board the plane to Rochester (home) late that night. So so excited!
I'm so glad hell have that love and support. That is a great comfort to have to get through being there. 41 days to go. Congratulations on your upcoming joy of your babe coming home.