Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Probation, Halfway House and Community Supervision
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal Probation, Halfway House and Community Supervision This forum is dedicated to information & discussions relating to U.S. Federal Probation & Community Supervision, including half-way houses.

Old 01-20-2018, 08:44 PM

Default Notice given of release to HC

My husband is in the SHU - I got a letter today that he mailed me with a copy of the paperwork he received from the Unit Team regarding his release. It states his home confinement date 9/30/2018. Yesterday, my home was inspected and approved. If he didn't lose good time, he told me his home confinement date was 5/2018 so this is super frustrating - I am just hoping that nothing else happens and that he wins his appeal.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2018, 04:58 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 20,501 Times in 11,924 Posts

Getting into conduct trouble often results in additional problems even after the SHU time is finished. Since every minute of "community corrections time" is up to the bop staff, with zero time required, it is what it is.

Another problem is that the bop has been cancelling HWH contracts, and reducing the amount of time they send prisoners to the ones that remain.
Old 01-21-2018, 05:09 AM

That’s exactly why I can’t celebrate anything. He’s still in the SHU until he is transferred to wherever they are sending him which will have to be a medium. A lot of the inmates that they have been transferring that are from NY as well they have been sending to Ohio. I guess the good thing is that he needs a Medium and Ohio is Low. So my question is- even though it says his plan is for home confinement (and this information was given to him while in the SHU with his new release date on it as well)- so he would still have the same half way house issues people have been having? Would he still go to one? The P.O. said he would but she seemed like she was giving me general information.
Old 01-21-2018, 09:37 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 20,501 Times in 11,924 Posts

Maybe yes, maybe no I'm afraid. It will be up to his case manager after he has been transferred to the new prison. They can either adopt the dates from his current prison, or substitute their own new ones. The only way you guys will know for sure is when he actually arrives at either the HWH or comes home for HC. I've even seen prisoners who were told that their HWH/HC furlough was cancelled at the last minute, so they remained in prison.
Old 01-21-2018, 11:03 AM

I just know they have a lot of tricks up their sleeves - I just hope he wins his appeal so he gets back his good time. Its been 7 weeks since his DHO hearing and he still has not received his paperwork. The kids can't see him or hear his voice. This has been the most difficult time of his whole sentence aside from when I was battling cancer. Its like I can't get a break.
The Following User Says Thank You to VBsWife For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (01-21-2018)
Old 09-11-2018, 10:21 AM

my husband is in the shu as well, he had gotten his date of nov 1 before he went to the shu, he was on his way to discuss his departure from facility to go to halfway house when he went into the shu, they told him he wasnt getting a shot and that his release date still stands at nov 1 he received a year hwh time , do you think that they will shorten his time????
Old 09-11-2018, 10:33 AM

Without knowing the specifics of his case, it's hard to say. If he didn't get any shot, perhaps they put him in the SHU to protect him from someone? That said, I don't think this will get him out any sooner, since his hwh paperwork is already filed for November 1st. As long as he's not the subject of any investigation, I don't think his being in the SHU will delay his hwh, either.
The Following User Says Thank You to 99mtg00 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (09-11-2018)
Old 09-11-2018, 10:42 AM

thank you , thats what he said as well, i do think a year halfway house is a long time though... someone dropped a slip on him and said he had a knife they shook him down and found a knife but it wasnt in his boot, they put it in the wrong one but because his name was targeted they put him in the shu , he said he will be leaving from there....i guess its the safest place to be!
The Following User Says Thank You to JRBM For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (09-11-2018)