Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > BREAK TIME > Cooking & Recipes
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2018, 07:38 AM

Thanked 5,862 Times in 3,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewalker View Post
Thinking of trying to grow some winter crops. Ive never done it before, but I may this yr.
I did figure out to put some basil leaves in a jar of water.....and leave it. After a few weeks they grow roots!
Im thinking its pretty late to try to grow them outside but maybe I'll try an indoor pot and see how it does.
I have it growing in my kitchen by the sink I leave light over sink on all the time its flouresent Spelled wrong!!! But I do this with all kind of herbs!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2018, 07:51 AM

I got the crock pot out and have been doing a bunch of stuff today is going to be Gumbo. I have chicken shrimp and smoked sausage to use up. Yesterday was Chili. Last Saturday I had a semi date kind of, I invited my friend Doug and his Uncle who is 58 and good looking over for dinner. I was like a nervous wreck I made Pot roast, mashed potatoes, carrots, onions, fresh green beans with roasted red peppers onions and garlic. Had sweet rolls, and cornbread!!! I didn't do desert they ate like a lot 3 helpings each!!!LOL Good thing I cooked a lot because I hardly had any left. Everything turned out good except for the corn bread. I am never making it again!!! I can't compete when it comes to corn bread. I should have just did a garlic bread like I was going to.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xolady For This Useful Post:
choclgs (10-19-2018), sidewalker (10-14-2018)
Old 10-19-2018, 07:30 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 28,322 Times in 14,292 Posts

Ive been slacking on cooking food.
tho I did make sort of a stew thing. lol.
Hub got these rib like strips (he told me he was gonna bbq) but from what I was reading, it said braise that cut of meat. So I did. Seared it, then added beef broth and a bunch of potatoes, onion, garlic, and brussel sprouts.
I thought it was good, but hubby was angry I didnt bbq them.
Oh well.
Next time

add: they were boneless

That's my dog's nose art

Last edited by sidewalker; 10-19-2018 at 07:32 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
xolady (Yesterday)
Old 10-19-2018, 05:50 PM
Carolina traveler

Thanked 3,313 Times in 2,339 Posts

I'm spending the night planning next week's meals. My last visit to the doctor for the year didn't go so well but I'm sure it's not solely my eating habits. So I'll be working the oven and crockpot over the weekend! Thank goodness for the cooler temperatures
xolady (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 06:17 AM

Well thursday was the third anniversary of Andy's death, I spent the dayy with my friend we went shopping and then we drank a lot of beer!! It was a good way to get thru a rough day she let me talk cry and laugh about everything, I'm very luck that I have a few friends who knew of and knew what we went thru that I don't have to feel stupid around. Even got a bunch of messages from my family checking on me, which was nice for once. I know I'm taking a long time to get over him or move on but I can't even imagine being with anyone else. Not out of any sense of guilt but because I'm 56 not all that anymore and I don't seem to fit in the weird small town crap where I live. Any way I cooked a big pot of sauce made like 10lbs of meatballs. It's cold and I am trying to still eat cheap!!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xolady For This Useful Post:
Ne Plach’ (Yesterday), onedayatatime13 (Yesterday), sidewalker (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 05:22 PM

Thanked 2,569 Times in 1,212 Posts

I dropped a tray of lasagna in my oven last week. Just finally cleaned it out well. I can cook again. Lol

The Following User Says Thank You to onedayatatime13 For This Useful Post:
nimuay (Today)