Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Central California Women's Facility (CCWF) - Chowchilla
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Central California Women's Facility (CCWF) - Chowchilla Topics, Discussions and Information relating to the Central California Women's Facility located in Chowchilla, California.

Old 06-17-2011, 12:22 AM

Thanked 1,450 Times in 903 Posts
Default New Home for Nancy Garrido

You remember Nancy Garrido? She's the woman along with her husband Phillp, kidnapped an 11-year-old Jaycee Dugard in 1991 from her South Lake Tahoe street as she walked to school.

On Wednesday she was transferred to Chowchilla State Prison for Women. She was sentenced to 36 years to life in prison.

Full Details: http://www.fox40.com/news/headlines/...tory?track=rss

Last edited by HisSoul; 06-17-2011 at 12:28 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HisSoul For This Useful Post:
ivybutterfly (12-14-2012), TerryLee (06-18-2011)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2011, 04:17 PM
VSP Free Staff
Donation Award 

The articles are a bit ambiguous about exactly where she is going to be incarcerated. Two I just read implied there was one prison at "ChowChilla", instead of the two.

There is no such prison by the name of "Chowchilla State Prison for Women". There is CCWF (Central California Women's Facility) and VSPW across the street (Valley State Prison for Women), both holding around 4,000 inmates each.

WyreNut
Old 06-25-2011, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyreNut View Post
The articles are a bit ambiguous about exactly where she is going to be incarcerated. Two I just read implied there was one prison at "ChowChilla", instead of the two.

There is no such prison by the name of "Chowchilla State Prison for Women". There is CCWF (Central California Women's Facility) and VSPW across the street (Valley State Prison for Women), both holding around 4,000 inmates each.

WyreNut
Well, I stand corrected.. Being that she's a woman, I would hope that she would be incarcerated in a woman's prison. In CA there are TWO in Chowchilla, CA. Unless she is sent to a woman's prison out of state..
Old 06-25-2011, 09:18 PM
VSP Free Staff
Donation Award 

Well, not to belabor the point, but there are 3 major women's prisons in CA at the moment - CIW in Los Angeles (California Institute for Women) is another major prison, and there are a few smaller ones.

But thanks for your post! I had heard rumors about her arrival somewhere in CA, and the articles you linked to definitely narrowed it down to the two prisons here!

I see you're a "Research Assistant", eh? Nice.

WyreNut

Last edited by WyreNut; 06-25-2011 at 09:22 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to WyreNut For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (07-26-2011)
Old 06-26-2011, 10:56 AM

Thank you for your response.. There are more than two prison's for women in CA.. I mentioned the Two in Chowchilla because of the article, but for Shi** and Giggl** The CDC could send her to anyone of the women prison's that we have in California or to a women's prison out of state..

Last edited by HisSoul; 06-26-2011 at 10:58 AM..
Old 06-26-2011, 11:18 AM
VSP Free Staff
Donation Award 

The Inmate Locator page just updated - Nancy Garrido is officially incarcerated here at CCWF.

WyreNut
Old 06-26-2011, 11:16 PM

Thank you for that update
Old 12-14-2012, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by His1 View Post
Thank you for your response.. There are more than two prison's for women in CA.. I mentioned the Two in Chowchilla because of the article, but for Shi** and Giggl** The CDC could send her to anyone of the women prison's that we have in California or to a women's prison out of state..
California only has 3 womens prisons: CIW, CCWF & VSPW (But I thought VSPW was being converted into a mens prison so I doubt they would send her there) The other California State facilities are just that, facilities. Actual PRISONS are the ones I listed. At least thats what I was told. Correct me if Im wrong please.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:17 AM
VSP Free Staff
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivybutterfly
California only has 3 womens prisons: CIW, CCWF & VSPW (But I thought VSPW was being converted into a mens prison so I doubt they would send her there) The other California State facilities are just that, facilities. Actual PRISONS are the ones I listed. At least thats what I was told. Correct me if Im wrong please.
You are correct about "VSP" (they dropped the "W" from the name).

There are men on A and B yards at the moment, with D yard still housing women. They should be out within a month or two.

The men are raving about living at VSP! Most have never had a room with a private shower and toilet, and they say the chow is much better than where they came from! :-)

WyreNut
Old 12-14-2012, 07:24 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 3,953 Times in 2,167 Posts

Quote:

There are men on A and B yards at the moment, with D yard still housing women. They should be out within a month or two.

The men are raving about living at VSP! Most have never had a room with a private shower and toilet, and they say the chow is much better than where they came from! :-)

WyreNut
I'm happy for the men but really hope the women don't get their lives too shaken up.
Old 11-03-2014, 11:12 PM

Quote:

WyreNut
The good chow lasted only up to 3 months after they got there,then it went down hill,showers are still good,toilet paper was nice with patted, and flower decorations,,no court yard during visiting, and strict phone sign ups.