Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Central California Women's Facility (CCWF) - Chowchilla
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Central California Women's Facility (CCWF) - Chowchilla Topics, Discussions and Information relating to the Central California Women's Facility located in Chowchilla, California.

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 10:54 AM

Thanked 1,864 Times in 1,071 Posts
Default 2012 CCWF Visiting Question & Info Thread

Here is your thread for 2012 Visiting.

Please do not post any questions about lockdowns, phones or general chit chat. Please keep this thread just for visiting as all other things will be moved to the proper thread.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2012, 02:17 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 5,111 Times in 1,973 Posts

Does it cost money to park at CCWF? It's 275 miles door-to-door for me so I don't want to get there and do something silly like forget to bring cash for parking when I finally get approved for visiting. It's a behind-glass visit for now (at least from what I've been informed) since she's in reception. Also, any vehicle regulations/codes issues I should be aware of from the standard "have a current registration and drivers' license" sort of thing?

-E

"I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
-Thomas Jefferson
Old 01-28-2012, 11:22 PM
VSP Free Staff
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingdee View Post
Does it cost money to park at CCWF? It's 275 miles door-to-door for me so I don't want to get there and do something silly like forget to bring cash for parking when I finally get approved for visiting. It's a behind-glass visit for now (at least from what I've been informed) since she's in reception. Also, any vehicle regulations/codes issues I should be aware of from the standard "have a current registration and drivers' license" sort of thing?

-E
No fee for parking at all. Cash is nice for for use in the vending machines inside the visiting area, but since your visit appears to be "non-contact", this would be a non-issue.

WyreNut
The Following User Says Thank You to WyreNut For This Useful Post:
missingdee (01-29-2012)
Old 01-29-2012, 10:56 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Yeah, she's still in Reception, so not worried about the vending machines. Thanks Wyre. I think I remember seeing somewhere that your job was possibly at-risk due to the budget cuts? Hope that's not the case and you're doing well.
-E

"I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
-Thomas Jefferson
Old 02-05-2012, 12:15 AM
VSP Free Staff
Donation Award 

Thanks for the concern missingdee!

I received my layoff notice, and unless a miracle happens, February 29th will be my last day at CCWF...

WyreNut
The Following User Says Thank You to WyreNut For This Useful Post:
missingdee (02-06-2012)
Old 03-14-2012, 05:39 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Hey, I'm a bit confused, everything I've read said that Reception visiting is on Saturdays but the hotline seems to indicate Sundays and of course every time I try to call CCWF directly I can't seem to get anybody on my phone (bad timing/luck on my part.) Anyone know for sure which day it is? Wyre, do you have insights on this? I sent my visiting form off February 1st so I'm anticipating getting approval any time now...I was hoping that the timing would be such that I could go up not this weekend but the following (24th/25th.) It'll probably be a quick turn-around where I leave early A.M., visit, then come straight back to L.A. Also, if anyone knows of any construction issues along SR-99 in the Central Valley that might cause a delay or detour, a heads-up would be appreciated.

Thanks

-E

-Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by missingdee; 03-14-2012 at 05:41 PM..
Old 04-04-2012, 04:39 PM

Quote:

-E
Hi there. My daughter got rolled out to reception at CCWF and I have noooo idea what to expect. I dont think I want to drive 5 hours for a 30 min behind the glass visit. Nor do I even think this is allowed. Does anybody have any information on what to expect during reception? Is this the place they will determine what level my daughter will be and where they will decide to send her? I'm so lost, so confused, I can't think straight it drives me nuts. But when I get caught up, I try to remember that God will embrace her and keep her strong in there. It's her first time going to prison and all I know is she is scared and nervous. I hear mail takes weeks to get...any advice plz???
Old 04-05-2012, 10:05 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatjanasmom View Post
Hi there. My daughter got rolled out to reception at CCWF and I have noooo idea what to expect. I dont think I want to drive 5 hours for a 30 min behind the glass visit. Nor do I even think this is allowed. Does anybody have any information on what to expect during reception? Is this the place they will determine what level my daughter will be and where they will decide to send her? I'm so lost, so confused, I can't think straight it drives me nuts. But when I get caught up, I try to remember that God will embrace her and keep her strong in there. It's her first time going to prison and all I know is she is scared and nervous. I hear mail takes weeks to get...any advice plz???
You're starting a journey I started 2+ months ago now. Here is what I can tell you.

The behind the glass visits are allowed in Reception. However, you must first get approved to visit. She will need to send you a visiting form which you will fill out and then mail back to the prison. Then you have to wait "up to 30 business days" to get approved. I can tell you personally I have been waiting 2 months for approval right now. They tell the inmate if you are approved, the only way they will contact you directly is if you are not approved. The inmate must be the one to contact you if you are.

She will not be able to make phone calls while in Reception. There are rare exceptions to this if you work as a porter but even those calls don't come often.

Yes, she will get classified while at CCWF. She may get moved elsewhere after that or she may stay there. As for the time that takes, the fastest I've heard of someone getting moved from CCWF Reception to a mainline yard is 2 months. My girlfriend has heard up to 6 months. I have heard that the higher your point level (based on a number of factors including your offense, prior history, length of sentence, if you are in a gang, etc.) the longer it takes, but I am not 100% certain of how this factors in other than possibly the amount of crowding at each level.

As for mail, 3-4 weeks is typical. Postcards get through faster. By some miracle my letters have been getting through in about a week lately but I do not know the reason for this.

Stay strong, and please keep coming back for support. We will offer whatever answers to your questions we can.

-E

-Thomas Jefferson
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to missingdee For This Useful Post:
his#1 bball fan (04-05-2012), sidewalker (04-15-2012), tatjanasmom (04-17-2012)
Old 04-19-2012, 08:19 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Just FYI, 2 1/2 months later I am still "pending." Patience is a virtue with these things I guess.

-Thomas Jefferson
Old 06-26-2012, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Just FYI, 2 1/2 months later I am still "pending." Patience is a virtue with these things I guess.
Hi missingdee...been a while since I've been on here. So last I read 2 1/2 months later and you were "pending". Well here I am in the same boat now, and no approval for me or my family members. How long did it take you? I'm patiently waiting - my daughter just went over the wall but waiting to go to CIW...She's been approved for fire camp and I am so happy, she's a level 1 and will be much much closer to home...but the approval part sucks!
Old 06-27-2012, 06:58 PM

Can somebody tell me how long it takes to get visitations approved? Roughly. I've been waiting (July 3 will be 3 months) for what seems like forever and my daughter has already went over the wall. Didn't ever think it would take this long...but it is Prison...Appreciate any answers/response. Have a blessed day!
God is good...all the time - All the time, God is good! Amen
Old 07-07-2012, 06:45 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,569 Times in 715 Posts
Question visiting forms

Does anyone know where to get the forms for visititation? WHat is the best place to get a complete history of my arrests so that I am sure not to forget one>
Old 07-07-2012, 07:31 AM

The inmate has to send you a signed visiting form. The best place to get your rap sheet would be the department of justice.

DougsCandy Sent from my LG-P509 using PrisonTalk
Old 07-07-2012, 12:21 PM
5'3 High And Rising

Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 5,642 Times in 2,921 Posts

Mikeq I moved your thread here so that you can get better answers. You can get a Live Scan which they will take your finger prints and run your records and search for any outstanding warrants etc. When filling out the form please complete it in it's entirety also know that any outstanding traffic tickets that are not paid or if you did not make any arrangements with the court will be a reason for denial.

Live Scan

Last edited by pj663; 07-07-2012 at 12:27 PM..
Old 09-29-2012, 11:21 PM

Default Ex- Felon denied visititation w/ daughter

Please I need help... I just got denied visits w/ my daughter and I am waitinf for the letter that states why... I believe it is because I didn't have a letter asking permission from the warden... I am off parole now 18 months.. Can anybody help me with the letter...what do I need to say ect... Thank you!!
Old 10-08-2012, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatjanasmom View Post
Can somebody tell me how long it takes to get visitations approved? Roughly. I've been waiting (July 3 will be 3 months) for what seems like forever and my daughter has already went over the wall. Didn't ever think it would take this long...but it is Prison...Appreciate any answers/response. Have a blessed day!
God is good...all the time - All the time, God is good! Amen
----------------------
Did you ever get this question answered? I am in the same boat except my daughter went in last month
Old 10-10-2012, 05:15 PM
Donation Award 

Hello there, I have seen that it takes anywhere from 2-3 months to get approved. You might try calling her counselor to get an update. Sqweeky wheel gets the oil. Assuming that your arent missing any information.

Mike
his#1 bball fan (10-15-2012)
Old 10-15-2012, 12:38 PM

I am getting ready to see my daughter. I have a question when filling out the visiting questionaire. I had a feleny conviction about 10 years ago; i did my probation and that has been sponged/dismissed; do i need to list that under convictions?
Thank you,
Old 10-15-2012, 05:11 PM
CALI Gal
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,597 Times in 1,077 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by amala View Post
I am getting ready to see my daughter. I have a question when filling out the visiting questionaire. I had a feleny conviction about 10 years ago; i did my probation and that has been sponged/dismissed; do i need to list that under convictions?
Thank you,
Yes. You need to put everything on your application or else you risk the chance of them not approving it and you will have to wait a few months to reapply. There is a space after the question where you can explain the outcome of it. To be safe, I would also call the visiting dept and ask them if you need to do anything further like write the warden a letter asking if you are allowed to visit (since you have a prior felony conviction). Please read post #15 in this thread where someone got denied for not writing the warden. Better to get all your info before sending in your application so you send it complete. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Last edited by his#1 bball fan; 10-15-2012 at 05:13 PM..
Old 10-18-2012, 11:44 AM

Where do you send the visitation form?
Old 10-18-2012, 12:11 PM

What is A.C.P. brace and who is qualified?
Old 10-18-2012, 01:50 PM

Quote:
What is A.C.P. brace and who is qualified?
sorry, i think i post this in wrong place
Old 10-24-2012, 11:54 AM
CALI Gal
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,597 Times in 1,077 Posts

Quote:
Where do you send the visitation form?
I found you this address:
ATTN: Visiting Sargent
Inmate’s full name, CDC#
CCWF
Housing #
P.O. BOX 1504
Chowchilla, CA 93610

If you would like to doublecheck to make sure it's the right address call:
(559) 665-5531, ext. 7600

Old 10-30-2012, 10:57 AM
Donation Award 

Default Visiting at CIW

DO I need to submit a new visitation request to CIW if my wife is moving there from CCWF?.
Additionally what information would I send to the warden to get approval because I have a prison prior (20 years ago)

Do I still need additional approval after I receive it from the warden?
Old 11-21-2012, 04:56 PM

Default Visiting on felony probation?

Hello.
First off thank you for all your help and info. I am on felony probation and my fiancee is in reception at ccwf on a 9 year sentence. I know about no contact with felons and part of the terms but we stipulated it as I was able to be in contact with her during my probation. With a letter of consent from my P.O can I visit at least and ultimatly still marry my love while she is away? Any input or ideas is welcome and appreciated.
Closed Thread