Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Central California Women's Facility (CCWF) - Chowchilla
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Central California Women's Facility (CCWF) - Chowchilla Topics, Discussions and Information relating to the Central California Women's Facility located in Chowchilla, California.

Old 10-17-2014, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by traviesita View Post
If you are new to this prison and you have any questions, please use this for any general questions you may have that do not fit in any of the other Q&A threads!

Please try to stay on topic!!!
Hi I am new to the site and my daughter will be transferred to CCWF next week and I would like to talk to someone about what to expect during processing time or as she called it "until she gets over the wall". I hear she can't have any visits or calls or write.

Any information would be super helpful.

Thanks,
Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2014, 03:16 PM

Default Anything to share?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mz.saenz559 View Post
My sister just got transferd to chowchilla on the 9th she is serving 8 yrs there. She is so young only 20, im just really worried about her saftey. I pray to god that she has no problems in there because she is so young and others will think she is weak. I dont know what its like in tjete but my cousin just got released from serving 17 yrs in chowchilla and it seems like she dont want to really say much about how it is in there, and it seems to me like shes worried too because i over heard her talking to someone about saying somthing about sending a Kite . I looked up what that ment and i guess its a message? I just need advice im so worried . And my sister took $200 with her to chowchilla and she wrote me yesterday saying she cant get it untill 30 days that got me more worried. I dont know what to do im stressed
Hi I realize my response is rather late but I am new to the site and my 19 year old daughter is being transferred to Chowchilla this week or next. I have all the same concerns as you did when your sister transferred. Just wondering if you have any information that you can pass on, things like visits, what to expect during reception, phone calls etc. I hope your sister is doing ok.
Thanks,
Diana
Old 10-27-2014, 03:20 PM

Default Chowchilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbabygurl78 View Post
Hello. As far as money goes my partner went there with around $300 and she was able to spend some of it but they can't really shop in reception so then they took I think $65. Kites are like sending notes but I would encourage her not too do that I heard they can get untroubled for that. My partner says she hasn't had too many problems in there. She said it feel like high school all over again but with only females. Don't worry about her age there are lots of youngster ones in there from what I have heard, the system likes to catch them early. Don't stress the best way to support her is to send as much mail as you can. Postcards get through quicker when they don't throw them away. That's another thing the mail takes like 3 weeks to get to them. But postcards go the fasted, again that if they don't find a reason to throw it away.

Hope that was helpful.
Hello, I found this post and thought I'd write you. My daughter is 19 and will be transferred to CCWF in the next couple of weeks. Do you know where i can get info on mail, visiting and phone calls? I heard I have to wait for her to mail me a visitor form and then I have to mail it back and wait...wondering how long that will take...
Any info would be very helpful.
Thanks,
Diana
Old 10-27-2014, 03:25 PM

Default Thanks

Thanks so much, I've sent Mike a message and am hoping to get some of my questions answered. I appreciate your help.
Old 10-27-2014, 03:27 PM

Default Phone calls

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky951 View Post
She can get paper, envelopes and stamps, it's probably best that you get her the stamped envelopes. Last I heard they couldn't receive pens in the stationary packs anymore and I think thats about standard through out the state, She won't be able to get her quarterly.special purchase packages until she is endorsed and classified. And yes she should be getting her mail but I don't know if the mailroom is backed up there or not, it takes a minute especially when they first get into reception and it's very frustrating for them and for the families when the mail is so slow but if your writing her then it will catch up to her. When she goes to program (means get out of her room) she can ask for the visiting forms but she has to be sure to sign,date and put her cdcr # on it then she can mail them out to you. Hang in there she'll get your letters!! Mailroom is probably under staffed!!! Be sure when you send a stationary pack out that on the back you write exactly what is in there and how many! The paper should be loose notebook paper, I don't send loose stamps anymore sometimes they lose them, so I buy pre-stamped envelopes. 1 stationary pack a week I think. Hope this helps. where the stickeys are here on this site should be all your info for chowchilla too
Hello I am new to the site and am doing lots of reading to learn what to expect as my daughter will be transferring to CCWF very soon. Thanks for the info on mail; that is very helpful. Do you know if she can make phone calls during processing? Also, how long does processing usually last?

TYVM
Diana
Old 10-27-2014, 05:05 PM
It's Not Funny Anymore

No, no phone calls while in Reception, years ago if they were able to help in the reception yard kitchen they would give them a phone call but that was years ago, my last time in was back in 2000. Back then it took about 2 to 3 months but I have no idea of how long it is now. There are alot of others on here that can give you more updated info than I can. It has been way to long since I was there. Just stay supportive and keep the mail rolling in, it means so much!! Pics of the family even getting the family to write means so much.

~ Enough is Enough~

Old 11-25-2014, 06:09 PM

Default Daughter transferred to CCWF today

I just got word that my daughter was transferred from county jail to prison today. I am pretty certain she is at CCWF but of course no info is available yet.

I have so many questions and just don't know what to expect, what the current reception time is, when can I visit, when can she call, etc. I'd love to get info from someone who currently has a family member on-site at CCWF.

Thanks,
Diana
Old 12-11-2014, 05:28 PM

Unhappy Mom in reception too LONG!!!!!

My mom has been in reception for 3 months. Her sentence is for 2 years, she was taken from county to Chowchilla on September 9, 2014. I called her counselor yesterday and he told me she is pretty much in line waiting for a seat in a busI guess she is getting transferred, he doesnt know where to. Im hoping to CIW which is close to home, Chino, CA. Anyhow, does anyone have any idea when busses come out from Chowchilla? Is there any other reasons why you think she has been kept in reception this long? Im really broken hearted because we have all been visitor approved and I am praying that we can visit on Christmas day. These days have been so sad for us. My mom is missed so much. She is 61 years old and the rock of our family. My siblings and I are taking this very hard! Any help or experience stories would really help.

Thanks, Veronica.
Old 12-28-2014, 12:23 AM

Default How long in receiving ?

My Wife should be headed to receiving (chowchilla, CA) within the next week or two. How long does the process usually take to be placed ? She should have 12-14 months left on her sentence at this point. Thanks !