Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OREGON > Oregon Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Oregon Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service All information relating to parole, probation, halfway houses, community service and electronic monitoring in Oregon should be posted here.

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2013, 03:18 PM
Andresgirl3's Avatar
Andresgirl3 Andresgirl3 is offline
Registered User

Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Washington
Posts: 104
Thanks: 0
Thanked 25 Times in 17 Posts
Default Interstate Compact. Oregon to Washington

I was wondering if there was an advice from anyone on Interstate Compact. My BF is in Oregon I am in WA. We are going to file when he has 180 days till his release. His dad has been living with me since the begining of this year. As per the Interstate Compact rule it says its a manditory transfer if an immediate family member is a resident of the state hes transfering to. Has anyone done this and can let me know a personal story about the process and not what it says in writting?? I am also going to post this on the WA DOC. Any advice of personal experiences with this would put my mind at ease. Wish we could file now, he has 8 months left.


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2014, 01:13 AM
autumng autumng is offline
Registered User

Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Washington, US
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

I am currently on interstate compact, from OR to WA. Have been for over two years now! If you have any specific questions I'd be happy to try and answer them, generally it's hard. I've actually been glad I'm an interstate, it's allowed me flexibility around rules I wouldn't have had otherwise for reasons I don't understand. For example, I was allowed to complete my required 180 volunteer hours at anywhere that would just document I showed up and send them documentation (I did 100 of those hours at the Seattle International Film Festival), instead of having to do work crews.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to autumng For This Useful Post:
Cinderella79 (05-29-2014)
Old 05-29-2014, 11:52 AM
Cinderella79 Cinderella79 is offline
Registered User

Join Date: May 2014
Location: wa
Posts: 3
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default I have questions!!

My fiance is being released soon and he will be going to lane county, eugene oregon and I live in wa are what are the options if any?? do we have to be married for this to happen? and have consent from the parole officer, because he will be on trans leave for 90 day there. Our plan is to get married once he is released and then apply but so far his parole officer has said that wont happen! Once we are married I can she still say no and not allow it?
Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 08:43 PM
GingerM's Avatar
GingerM GingerM is offline
Super Moderator
Donation Award 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Oregon, USA
Posts: 6,177
Thanks: 8,632
Thanked 9,354 Times in 3,640 Posts

To transfer states, the receiving state has to accept the person and the sending state has to approve the transfer. It's a pretty involved process, even if you're married.
Reply With Quote


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:26 PM.
Copyright © 2001- 2019 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics