Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OREGON > Oregon Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Oregon Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service All information relating to parole, probation, halfway houses, community service and electronic monitoring in Oregon should be posted here.

Old 07-05-2013, 03:18 PM

Default Interstate Compact. Oregon to Washington

I was wondering if there was an advice from anyone on Interstate Compact. My BF is in Oregon I am in WA. We are going to file when he has 180 days till his release. His dad has been living with me since the begining of this year. As per the Interstate Compact rule it says its a manditory transfer if an immediate family member is a resident of the state hes transfering to. Has anyone done this and can let me know a personal story about the process and not what it says in writting?? I am also going to post this on the WA DOC. Any advice of personal experiences with this would put my mind at ease. Wish we could file now, he has 8 months left.

Kayla

Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2014, 01:13 AM

I am currently on interstate compact, from OR to WA. Have been for over two years now! If you have any specific questions I'd be happy to try and answer them, generally it's hard. I've actually been glad I'm an interstate, it's allowed me flexibility around rules I wouldn't have had otherwise for reasons I don't understand. For example, I was allowed to complete my required 180 volunteer hours at anywhere that would just document I showed up and send them documentation (I did 100 of those hours at the Seattle International Film Festival), instead of having to do work crews.
The Following User Says Thank You to autumng For This Useful Post:
Cinderella79 (05-29-2014)
Old 05-29-2014, 11:52 AM

Default I have questions!!

My fiance is being released soon and he will be going to lane county, eugene oregon and I live in wa are what are the options if any?? do we have to be married for this to happen? and have consent from the parole officer, because he will be on trans leave for 90 day there. Our plan is to get married once he is released and then apply but so far his parole officer has said that wont happen! Once we are married I can she still say no and not allow it?
Old 05-29-2014, 08:43 PM
Super Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 9,354 Times in 3,640 Posts

To transfer states, the receiving state has to accept the person and the sending state has to approve the transfer. It's a pretty involved process, even if you're married.