Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OREGON > Oregon Covid -19 (Corona Virus)
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Oregon Covid -19 (Corona Virus) Please use this forum to share information concerning Covid -19 in Oregon, including institutions affected and lock downs. Please do not discuss individuals who have the virus.

Old 03-17-2020, 06:02 AM
Super Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 9,371 Times in 3,644 Posts
Default Oregon Courts performing social distancing

March 15th through April 15th the following is the new reality in the court system in Marion County and in most other Oregon counties. This could also change or be extended as events unfold:

TRIALS: All trials will be postponed for at least 30 days unless a party can establish a basis for the court to find the case is “time sensitive.”

HEARINGS: The court will continue to hold hearings if they can do so in gatherings of less than 15 people and with social distancing. However, the court is likely to postpone all hearings that are not time-sensitive to increase docket time for other matters that have statutory implications or are otherwise time-sensitive or urgent, such as ex parte dockets and protective orders. We are afraid that the courts will determine that most family law matters are not “time sensitive.”

FAMILY LAW FACILITATION: The courts have closed the Family Law Facilitation office. Facilitators will only be available to assist customers with protective orders and immediate dangers.

COURT PROCEDURES: All Status Conferences will be by phone with the court initiating the call.
The Following User Says Thank You to GingerM For This Useful Post:
patchouli (03-17-2020)
Sponsored Links