Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Prison & Criminal Legal Help!
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prison & Criminal Legal Help! Ask questions, get opinions, and find resources on dealing with criminal justice legal issues, appeals, and more..

Old 06-27-2006, 04:53 AM

Exclamation Husband Out On Bail,courts In 2 Days Can They Raise His Bail & Take Him In Again???

HELP MY HUSBAND'S OUT ON BAIL RIGHT NOW, HE JUST FINISHED A PAROLE VIOLATION 2 WEEKS AGO & WAS BAILED ON A WARRENT. HE IS A SECOND STRIKER AND ALL 3 OF HIS CHARGES ON THIS CASE ARE FELONY'S. WE BAILED HIM AS SOON AS HE WAS BOOKED TO COUNTY CUZ IT WAS ONLY $25,000. I NEED TO KNOW IF ITS LEGAL FOR THEM TO RAISE HIS BAIL AT HIS ARRAINMENT AND SINCE I CAN'T BAIL HIM AGAIN TAKE HIM BACK TO CUSTODY.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2006, 11:11 AM

Yes, I think it is legal. I mean the judge can pretty much do whatever he wants to at arraignment

Good Luck
Old 06-27-2006, 03:07 PM

I know in NJ they can. I'm sorry. Hopefully it won't happen... and the judge will refund your bail money. If he does get remanded, in NJ at least, the time served will count toward the ultimate sentence. I didn't look on that as "the bright side" when we were in a similar situation... but now, in hindsight.... he might be done. Good luck to you.
Old 06-27-2006, 03:10 PM

PS: Make the most of your 2 days! I know I hugged my son everytime I walked past him! (Told him I was "stocking up" for when I couldn't hug him!) We went out to eat at his favorite restaurant, went into NYC, and basically made the best of the last days before we knew he would be remanded prior to sentencing. Hopefully, it won't happen to you and your husband... but make sure you enjoy every moment you've got together!