Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OHIO > Ohio Prison & Legal News, Info & Events
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ohio Prison & Legal News, Info & Events Place news, info and events relating to the prison, criminal justice and legal system in the State of Ohio in this forum.

Old 07-02-2006, 11:26 AM
Banned

Default Death-row inmate fights to keep date with destiny

MANSFIELD - Rocky Barton would rather die now than spend his next two decades on Ohio's death row fighting execution. "I can handle the prison life," Barton told The Blade during an interview conducted last week on behalf of the Ohio Legislative Correspondents Association.

Read the whole article at: http://www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs...WS24/607020330

Last edited by MsChiku; 07-05-2006 at 06:50 PM.. Reason: copyright guidelines
Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2006, 11:32 AM
Banned

i think i'd choose death over 20 years of incarceration also. i can relate. i'd go insane from the claustrophobic environment, the constant noise, the bad food, the energy of fear...for sure, i'd choose death. sadly.

Last edited by JJsPenPal; 07-02-2006 at 11:35 AM..
Old 07-02-2006, 11:43 AM
FREE TO BE ME

I can see where he's coming from, but....Humm, I don't know, I'm sure he does feel guilty about his crime.This is a sad story.

Lenin
Old 07-02-2006, 03:43 PM
things are great againl..

Ihave known Rocky Barton since childhood. We grew up in the same small Ohio town, went all through school together, and hung out with some of the same people. I also knew his wife Kim. SHe also went through school with us. Being from a then small community, everyone knew and were friends with everyone. Kim was a beautiful person. She left behind four children. One of her daughters was with her when the shooting took place. I remember that day well. I recieved a phone call minutes after the shooting took place and I might say it really shook me up. Rocky was well known in our small town as a youth. His family owned a business in town and he had a likeable personality. He was like many other teens of the 70's. Kim was a very loving person, who had so much to give. I do not believe she would want Rocky to be executed. I know that her family took it extremely hard and her daughter to this day has problems with the dealing of the shooting. I know both sides of the families involved in this incident and can not comment on what should or should not take place. I feel very sad for the Reynolds (kims) family, and the same for Rocky's. I am a good friend to one of his first cousins and I know this hasnt been easy on them, either. I am not going into the details of the shooting, although I do know of them, out of respect to the families involved. Please say a little prayer for these two families. Have a good day

Loving one another for eternity....!!

:love:
Old 07-03-2006, 06:13 AM

Maybe I'm looking at this wrong but there admitting he has mental health issues and there going to execute him anyway, I didn't think they were allowed to do that.