Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OREGON > Oregon Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Oregon Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service All information relating to parole, probation, halfway houses, community service and electronic monitoring in Oregon should be posted here.

Old 08-26-2014, 12:36 PM

Question Detainer from Arizona, what happens when released from Oregon?

Going to try and keep brief. My husband is according to Oregon going to be released in 3 wks 6 days. The big issue is that he is serving time as well for Arizona. He was picked up in Arizona and after Oregon extradited him back, Arizona placed a warrant for failure to appear. So this raised his custody level. He was transferred to Arizona to face the charges there, and took a plea for thirty months. Then Oregon transferred him back up here even though the lent h of time being down in Arizona would have been longer then in Oregon. Now here is the issue, his release date in Arizona is 7/19/2015. and the detainer states NR "notice of release request" from pinal clerk. He is being told that they are releasing him from OSCI on 9/22/2014, I will be there to pick him up. Are they going to release him and what happens with his time in Arizona. On the greatest happy side after all the attempts to get married in the unit, which failed. I can say that we were able to say our vows to each other and have a proxy wedding over a video visit, while I was in Texas. We had our first anniversary 8/11/2014.

Thank you in advance for help and advise.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2014, 12:49 PM
PTO Administrator
Donation Award 

Thanked 37,008 Times in 17,078 Posts

My best guess is that with a detainer from Arizona, he'll go to Arizona when released from Oregon. I believe Arizona will pick him up. Sorry sweetie

Welcome to PTO.

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
nevaeh2morrow (09-11-2014), orvsazwife (08-26-2014)
Old 08-26-2014, 09:01 PM

That is what I was figuring but Oregon doesn't have a hold and the only thing showing from Arizona is a notice of release request from the clerks office. We plan on him turning himself in to finish his time in Arizona, guess was just having daydreams of being able to hold him for a day before he would be gone for another 10 months. He has been away since 2/13/2012. I can hang in there and be patient, because when he is able to come home to my arms and all the family's we are going to take steps to be able to prevent the whole circumstances around him going this time. He always has the ability to know when I need to hear him tell me, it's alright, he is here with me in spirit holding me.
The Following User Says Thank You to orvsazwife For This Useful Post:
patchouli (08-26-2014)
Old 08-30-2014, 03:11 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 8,380 Times in 4,637 Posts

When his release date approaches, Oregon will notify Arizona that he's going to be released and Arizona will either make arrangements to pick him up on that date or Oregon will release him. My bet is that AZ will pick him up and transport him there to complete that sentence.

It's a drag to not really know for sure. But if I were you, I would expect that he's going to be taken to AZ and then be pleasantly surprised if he's not.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zelda50 For This Useful Post:
nevaeh2morrow (09-11-2014), orvsazwife (09-02-2014), xolady (09-02-2014)
Old 09-02-2014, 01:24 AM

Red face

I am preparing myself for Arizona to pick him up. Oregon has been and had processed his release medications and other exit steps. So, I am curious if Arizona is going to pick him up at the gate or if they are going to go into the facility. Or maybe wait until he goes to his post prison supervision officer. Too many different ways that Arizona can handle this for me to try andtry and make plans. Ugh the thing that bothers me the most not being able to have a plan and back up options to ensure that things are handled properly.
Old 09-02-2014, 06:08 AM
Super Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 9,354 Times in 3,640 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orvsazwife View Post
Ugh the thing that bothers me the most not being able to have a plan and back up options to ensure that things are handled properly.
I sometimes wonder if they, themselves, know what they're going to do until the last minute. The Not Knowing really is horrible. I make backup plans, usually a good dozen of them, and then DOC does something I wasn't expecting, so I throw all plans out the window and wing it anyway. But the making of the backup plans helps me calm my nerves, so I do it anyway, even though I know I probably won't ever use them.
The Following User Says Thank You to GingerM For This Useful Post:
orvsazwife (09-06-2014)
Old 09-06-2014, 10:51 PM

15 days 10 hours, and my husband will hopefully be returning to my arms, however I am more inclined that Arizona will be there to take him into custody even before he makes it to the gate. If not then we will go and take care of all the loose ends here in Oregon and then head for Arizona so he can complete his time there to get this all done and over with so there is nothing hanging over our heads.
Old 09-08-2014, 09:45 PM

Super confused now. Arizona no longer has anything on him on the doc website. What does this mean? Thirteen days and a wake up is what we have left.
Old 09-09-2014, 06:01 AM
Super Moderator
Donation Award 

Not sure what that means. Perhaps AZ decided he'd served his sentence in OR.

He'll need to contact AZ officials to find out - otherwise he could end up not knowing that he was supposed to self-surrrender and could have major problems if/when they caught up to him.
orvsazwife (09-10-2014)
Old 09-10-2014, 05:02 AM

Question

When he called today he told me that he had signed his release papers. This has me smiling but at the same time fearful. I don't know if he is going to be strong enough to not fall back into the trap that he sets for himself. He loves his family and fiends to the point that he runs himself to where he gets so stresed that he falls back into the negative behavior I only hope that our love and myself waiting for him will help him stay strong and we take these challenges on like I have drawn strength from him. One of his closest and longest friends is staying strong and will not allow my husband to go to his residence because he doesn't want for him to be in the area of people that he got sid e tracked with. Only time will tell what is going to happen. I just don't know if we will continue to stay strong together or be ripped apart . Very scared and to much in love with my hnyluvz.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to orvsazwife For This Useful Post:
GingerM (09-10-2014), patchouli (09-10-2014)
Old 09-11-2014, 08:35 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,977 Times in 1,392 Posts

That is exactly what he needs to do - check in with AZ. It is very possible that AZ has decided it is not worth their time and $$ to go and pick him up and consider that he has done his time in OR.

Don't assume this however! He needs to check it out and not ignore it or assume anything!

PTO Quarterly Winter Edition
Follow the Link to the newest Edition!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nevaeh2morrow For This Useful Post:
GingerM (09-11-2014), orvsazwife (09-22-2014)
Old 09-22-2014, 03:35 AM

Well here in 5 hours I hope to have my hnyluvz walk or puff The gate and into my arms. If Arizona is there to get him once he clears the gate then it just means that I won't get to hold him quite yet. Prep pared for the worst. As soon as we get him we will head to his po's and explain everything to them and see what we do from there. Will let know something here after I know what is happening.
patchouli (09-22-2014), PezzyDB (09-22-2014)
Old 09-22-2014, 06:08 AM
Super Moderator
Donation Award 

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! It's a shame that such a typically happy day has to be marred by this fear.
orvsazwife (06-02-2015)
Old 09-22-2014, 07:49 AM
PTO Administrator
Donation Award 

I'm nervous for you both....looking forward to an update & hoping you can report that he's HOME

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
orvsazwife (06-02-2015)
Old 05-31-2015, 07:20 PM

Red face

Sorry that it has taken so long to update but, life keeps throwing things at me. But, here I am again counting down his homecoming. This time however there is no time anywhere for him to do. He is in Arizona and I am in Texas. 49 days from now I am hoping to fly to Arizona to meet him and fly back to Texas a couple of hours later. Hopefully everything goes smoothly.
GingerM (06-01-2015), patchouli (06-03-2015)
Old 06-01-2015, 05:57 AM
Super Moderator
Donation Award 

wishing you much luck!
orvsazwife (06-02-2015)
Old 06-03-2015, 12:00 AM

47 days and I will be able to meet him at the airport for us to fly back to texas to our beautiful and wonderful daughters. Everything is so far falling into place. Thank you for letting have some one to talk to that knows what it feels like.
GingerM (06-04-2015), patchouli (06-03-2015)
Old 06-03-2015, 06:53 PM
PTO Administrator
Donation Award 

Whooo Hooo!!! Glad its all working out--Finally!! He'll be HOME with no time over his head!!!

patchouli, PTO Admin