Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW YORK > New York General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

New York General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in New York that do not fit into any other New York sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 05-27-2020, 06:18 PM

Default Transferring inmates: Would they move him if he only has 38 days left?

So i guess the draft started to in NYS prisons today they are moving inmates for shock first that's a good thing things are moving along visits shouldn't be that much behind my question is would they move him if he only has 38 days left or keep him where he's at
Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2020, 06:31 PM

Thanked 1,142 Times in 512 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambermarshall11 View Post
So i guess the draft started to in NYS prisons today they are moving inmates for shock first that's a good thing things are moving along visits shouldn't be that much behind my question is would they move him if he only has 38 days left or keep him where he's at
No moves, no standard transfers, no intake from counties, no shock camps. None at all. Any moves are medical or exigent circumstances.

Whomever is telling you this information is incorrect. Main focus in NY now is screening for eligibility for early releases due to Covid.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ms Sunny For This Useful Post:
onedayatatime13 (05-27-2020)
Old 05-27-2020, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Sunny View Post
No moves, no standard transfers, no intake from counties, no shock camps. None at all. Any moves are medical or exigent circumstances.

Whomever is telling you this information is incorrect. Main focus in NY now is screening for eligibility for early releases due to Covid.
My boyfriend told me guys are on the draft going to shock not sure why he would make that up i would think he would no hes in there it don't matter either way hes got 38 days left
Old 05-27-2020, 07:29 PM

Quote:
My boyfriend told me guys are on the draft going to shock not sure why he would make that up i would think he would no hes in there it don't matter either way hes got 38 days left
Its prison. They bullsh@t like teenage girls.
In this time of social distancing, with ASAT programs and NYU on hold, visits and frp on hold, complaints about double bunking being a problem, and general paranoia about disease, do you really think theyd run a shock camp where they live in barrack like dorm and run in formation? Where they sit in a classroom and have therapeutic groups?

We are dealing with current Covid, and the aftermath. There is no draft, movement, transportation except for medical or security moves.
Old 05-28-2020, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Sunny View Post
Its prison. They bullsh@t like teenage girls.
In this time of social distancing, with ASAT programs and NYU on hold, visits and frp on hold, complaints about double bunking being a problem, and general paranoia about disease, do you really think theyd run a shock camp where they live in barrack like dorm and run in formation? Where they sit in a classroom and have therapeutic groups?

We are dealing with current Covid, and the aftermath. There is no draft, movement, transportation except for medical or security moves.
Idk what's going on i called Downstate they did tell me that they are doing drafts started yesterday they didn't say anything about medical or emergency
Old 06-13-2020, 06:04 AM

Transfers were done this week where hubby is. I heard the CO telling him that 26 Inidividuals who were on the draft last week And not for security or medicals were sent out last Thursday and he said transfers are happening. Not sure its everywhere but its slowly starting.

I ❤️ You Mr.J

..Waiting is the hardest part in loving someone; you need to wait in order to know that it is true..
Old 06-13-2020, 06:13 AM

Thanked 4,313 Times in 2,049 Posts

Website states transfers are starting, but no one knows if there are safety precautions involved. People moving from places with active cases to where are none is a scary thought. They have a plan for county to state transfers, but not state to state.
Old 06-13-2020, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onedayatatime13 View Post
Website states transfers are starting, but no one knows if there are safety precautions involved. People moving from places with active cases to where are none is a scary thought. They have a plan for county to state transfers, but not state to state.
Yeah Idk what's going on at this point got a call from him saying he's leaving Tuesday cause of covid 19 not sure to believe him or not he didn't have an address to go home to i checked the website still says july 7 i called albany last week they told me they didn't have him on the list to leave early not sure why he would make that up
Old 06-13-2020, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Yeah Idk what's going on at this point got a call from him saying he's leaving Tuesday cause of covid 19 not sure to believe him or not he didn't have an address to go home to i checked the website still says july 7 i called albany last week they told me they didn't have him on the list to leave early not sure why he would make that up
I'm not sure Albany can disclose anything to you. You don't have POA and you're not married. Or the computer system ione hasn't updated yet, since many are still working from home.

Did he tell you to pick him up?
Old 06-13-2020, 07:39 AM

That won’t change when he leaves, because he’s not CR or what ever it says. This is an early release due to Covid. They consider it a “furlough” until that solid date. On the CR he will then sign the standard set of release papers for “regular” parole.
When you furlough, no dates change.
Old 06-13-2020, 07:46 AM

Look the fact you don't trust what he tells you and that you need to call the State shows how bad this relationship is.

Those within 3 months are coming home early. There is no stipulation on crime etc anymore for that. Due to COVID they are decreasing density.

Again, last time he left very quickly upon release. What would stop him from tricking you this time?

He is coming home since his release date is very soon. This is not a super quick process, so he has known for a bit. They just ask them if they need a bus ticket. Then paperwork needs to be filled out, so he couldn't have known the other day.
Old 06-13-2020, 08:05 AM

Quote:
I'm not sure Albany can disclose anything to you. You don't have POA and you're not married. Or the computer system ione hasn't updated yet, since many are still working from home.

Did he tell you to pick him up?
No he told me i can't he's taking a cab to my house his stuff is here yeah ill call albany monday victim services will tell me what's going on someone in parole has to no if he's getting out on tuesday he would have a parole officer by now
Old 06-13-2020, 08:08 AM

Why can't you pick him up? They are allowed to be picked up.
Old 06-13-2020, 03:52 PM

Because im the victim of his crime and on his stipulations it says that we can't have contact till he sees his parole officer the next day they always do that every time and i would have to show my ID i believe when i go and pick him up
Old 06-13-2020, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Why can't you pick him up? They are allowed to be picked up.
He's pissed at me because i wont cash app someone money for him to have k2 sad not doing it
Old 06-13-2020, 04:00 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 5,354 Times in 2,212 Posts

Quote:
He's pissed at me because i wont cash app someone money for him to have k2 sad not doing it

miamac (06-13-2020)
Old 06-13-2020, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Nothing had changed. Nothing will change.
The Following User Says Thank You to onedayatatime13 For This Useful Post:
jessesgirl1111 (06-15-2020)
Old 06-13-2020, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzyMuffling View Post
Yeah basically not doing it don't have money to waste on k2 shouldn't even be wanting or thinking about drugs i no he has an addiction but dammmm
Old 06-13-2020, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Nothing had changed. Nothing will change.
He mid as well stay then i kinda new he was smoking but i was doughting it cause he hasn't asked me said he's gonna have a stressful weekend now because no k2 thought he had money guess not so my question is if he's smoking in there hell be when he comes home uhhhhhhhh
Old 06-13-2020, 05:18 PM

Good luck because this will be a whole world of hurt again.
Old 06-13-2020, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Good luck because this will be a whole world of hurt again.
Yeah he called me said he was sorry for asking for the k2 he shouldn't of done that he can't afford to do that cause hell be back in prob already did thanks for everything your advice and all that