Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > BREAK TIME > Pets & Animal Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Pets & Animal Discussions Man of us have furry (or other) loved ones at home with us. Please use this forum to talk about anything and everything relating to them, hobbies relating to them, etc.

Old 09-22-2011, 09:16 PM

Thank you for that tribute, Ms.Magnolia. My little girl just crossed that bridge a couple of weeks ago at the age of 15 1/2. She was my precious baby girl and I miss her terribly. I've lost other pets before so this is not new to me, but it never gets easier. Your babies are playing with my little girl, Torie.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2012, 08:23 AM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Donation Award 

Thanked 30,563 Times in 11,010 Posts

Lost my biggest companion yesterday - 28 years old, 20 of them with me. He never had a bad day in his life. He was loved, cared for, healthy to the end, and yesterday he dropped dead in the pasture. The day before he was galloping down the lane, just for fun (he broke out of the pasture . . . )

He weighed 1,250 lbs. and stood 17'2", but the hole he left is much bigger than that.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:17 PM

Thanked 1,141 Times in 620 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimuay View Post
Lost my biggest companion yesterday - 28 years old, 20 of them with me. He never had a bad day in his life. He was loved, cared for, healthy to the end, and yesterday he dropped dead in the pasture. The day before he was galloping down the lane, just for fun (he broke out of the pasture . . . )

He weighed 1,250 lbs. and stood 17'2", but the hole he left is much bigger than that.
hugs for you, nim. i'm so glad he had that last day to gallop...and now he's galloping at the Bridge with energy to spare.

our hearts are full of tiny holes from all of our departed companions - but the love and joy they give us is worth all of it.
The Following User Says Thank You to sucker4mylove For This Useful Post:
nimuay (02-21-2012)
Old 06-19-2012, 08:51 AM

I had to make the biggest decision of my life yesterday...I had to put my precious little baby girl down. She was a 16 year old calico cat named Patches. I had her since she was 6 weeks old. She has been through it all with me and was there by my side when nobody else was. She had a tumor in her mouth and was getting worse and worse everyday and I couldn't handle watching her suffer anymore.
I have never cried so much in my life. I miss her terribly and my heart aches like nobody's business. Thank you Patchy for all of the love you have given me...you will be greatly missed!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-27-2014, 09:56 PM

May 16 ,2014 I had to make the hardest decision of my life so far, my sweet boy was put to rest. He was 13, his name was Chevy and he is an American bulldog, I rescued him when he was 5. He was diagnosed with a tumour on his spleen, he had surgery to have it removed, it was a cancerous tumour, I almost lost lost him during surgery but he's a fighter and made it through. I came home on Friday May 16 to a heartbreaking situation, rushed him to the vet where he eventually I had to make the choice and give him peace. I am still crushed, he was my best friend and my sweet boy, he will always be in my heart. R I P baby I love you.
Old 05-29-2014, 08:33 PM
Loving a Lifer!
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahas View Post
May 16 ,2014 I had to make the hardest decision of my life so far, my sweet boy was put to rest. He was 13, his name was Chevy and he is an American bulldog, I rescued him when he was 5. He was diagnosed with a tumour on his spleen, he had surgery to have it removed, it was a cancerous tumour, I almost lost lost him during surgery but he's a fighter and made it through. I came home on Friday May 16 to a heartbreaking situation, rushed him to the vet where he eventually I had to make the choice and give him peace. I am still crushed, he was my best friend and my sweet boy, he will always be in my heart. R I P baby I love you.
sorry.. that is always tough.......
Old 05-29-2014, 08:34 PM
Loving a Lifer!
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamboo'swife View Post
I had to make the biggest decision of my life yesterday...I had to put my precious little baby girl down. She was a 16 year old calico cat named Patches. I had her since she was 6 weeks old. She has been through it all with me and was there by my side when nobody else was. She had a tumor in her mouth and was getting worse and worse everyday and I couldn't handle watching her suffer anymore.
I have never cried so much in my life. I miss her terribly and my heart aches like nobody's business. Thank you Patchy for all of the love you have given me...you will be greatly missed!!!!!!!!!!

sorry for your loss.
Old 12-22-2015, 09:26 PM
Donation Award 

Default omg just ran across this . and wept wept . so

one of my biggest hurts is that our pups are going to pass and he is never going to get to kiss their sweet lil bellies again.. they are 7 and he got 18 years. So doubtful unless they allow service dogs.

One of my friends is an artist and painted the most beautiful water color of "rainbow bridge" and I just have to order one soon.

Our female pup , had a ruptured disc and had to have back surgery in October, and they all said "put her down, did not and she is doing fine.

Praying and yes they all do go to heaven there is biblical proof.
Old 12-25-2015, 01:30 PM
My ❤ is in Cali Moderator

Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 

Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLC2 View Post
one of my biggest hurts is that our pups are going to pass and he is never going to get to kiss their sweet lil bellies again.. they are 7 and he got 18 years. So doubtful unless they allow service dogs.

One of my friends is an artist and painted the most beautiful water color of "rainbow bridge" and I just have to order one soon.

Our female pup , had a ruptured disc and had to have back surgery in October, and they all said "put her down, did not and she is doing fine.

Praying and yes they all do go to heaven there is biblical proof.
California does allow properly trained service dogs according to their rules, I believe its listed on page 8, lol!
CDCr kicked him out of the SHU, YAY!!!