Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Georgia General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Georgia that do not fit into any other Georgia sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 04-05-2014, 05:25 PM
Carolina traveler

Thanked 2,908 Times in 2,133 Posts
Default Right Way Wrong Way, Inc Program

Is anyone familiar with the Right Way Wrong Way, Inc program based out of Smyrna, GA? The program information on the website is far from what my love was told---the entry into the program, fees, possible sentence reduction. This appears to be a re-entry program or an alternative to incarceration.
fancypants976 (05-23-2015)
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2015, 03:15 AM

I am somewhat familiar with it. I received some information from them. But I am not 100% sure that they are legit. I was hoping to find some info on here about them. $10k is an awful lot to get his sentence reduced just to get released into a program like that when $10k could probably just get him released! The guy was nice. If I had the money, I would do it. But I just don't see how that much money could be a helpful program. If we had that kind of money, he would never have gotten sentenced like he did when we used a public defender! Did you ever find anything out?
The Following User Says Thank You to fancypants976 For This Useful Post:
choclgs (05-25-2015)
Old 05-25-2015, 06:18 PM
Carolina traveler

Thanked 2,908 Times in 2,133 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancypants976 View Post
I am somewhat familiar with it. I received some information from them. But I am not 100% sure that they are legit. I was hoping to find some info on here about them. $10k is an awful lot to get his sentence reduced just to get released into a program like that when $10k could probably just get him released! The guy was nice. If I had the money, I would do it. But I just don't see how that much money could be a helpful program. If we had that kind of money, he would never have gotten sentenced like he did when we used a public defender! Did you ever find anything out?

The person we knew who was trying to go through the process was told less than that. When I called about my love he said he didn't qualify for the program. The person that was looking into it must not have been able to go through with it either because he wasn't released and it's been over a year.
Old 05-16-2017, 08:11 PM

Unhappy Not Legit!!!!

My loved one paid $5,000.00 with the promise of not going to jail.
He is now locked away and all monies were kept by Mr Byrd and his program. Even after I was told time and time again by Mr. Byrd that he would refund our money he never did. Every time we've spoken with him till this day he has lie after lie and excuse after excuse.
The Following User Says Thank You to TanisiaD For This Useful Post:
choclgs (05-16-2017)
Old 05-19-2017, 02:59 PM

Thanked 1,285 Times in 532 Posts

I looked them up & it shows they're a non-profit. If they are doing unethical or fraud things by taking money for no work being done, I would file a complaint with the BBB & other consumer organizations. Here's a link to their BBB profile. It's a D+.https://www.bbb.org/atlanta/business...na-ga-27470176
Here's a link to the GA consumer complaint division. http://ocp.ga.gov/consumer-services/filing-a-complaint

Please speak out. You might even try to contact Clark Howard. He regularly does stories on ripoffs or scam situations.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GaReform For This Useful Post:
choclgs (05-19-2017), K6770 (05-19-2017)
Old 05-20-2017, 06:18 PM

Thanked 2,391 Times in 838 Posts

It sounds like this organization is out scam and take advantage of families. I had someone a few years back try to play our family.
My brother'n law bless his heart was so upset about our son's sentencing he some how or another got in a conversation with a shady fellow and before I knew it...my brother'n law was saying I really needed to talk with this person.
And so I reluctantly met up with this person over dinner. His conversation started off as he thought our son was grossly over sentenced, which he was.
He claimed he wanted to help blah, blah, blah... he said he was well connected. He did a lot of name dropping...the names he dropped did not impress me at the least! He talked about someone he was able to get released, which I had heard of this guy's case. He said it was all about knowing the right people in the system. He thought he was convincing me but i knew I was talking to a rat!!! In fact I was quite p.o.'d that he thought I was that gullible and I was damned p.o.'d at myself for not trusting my gut and getting sucked in.
I called him out on his b.s. and of course that did not go over very well. My brother 'n law even called him and bitched him out.
This creep was so mad at me he said he didn't need me or my $$ he said "watch me...I'll get your son out of prison."
HECK I WAS HALF HOPING HE WOULD!!!

Beware most of these people will over promise and try and take your money and will never deliver.