Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Georgia General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Georgia that do not fit into any other Georgia sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 07-31-2017, 09:04 AM

Question Policies and Procedures for DR's in Georgia

My husband is in Montgomery State Prison in Georgia. He is in the Hole right now. He was written up for Insubordination (calling the officer a bitch) He has been in the hole now for a week today. They offered him a plea deal of 7 days in the hole, phone, commissary and visitation restrictions for 45 days, he turn it down. He says he didnt call her that name, but said "aint that a bitch" about her not telling her put his tablet on the charger. He asked an officer today if the time he has done will go towards the hole time, and was told no. Does anyone know where I can find the procedures for this. Ive downloaded the Handbook but it doesnt say anything about if its counted as time served. Thanks......
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2017, 12:42 PM

Thanked 2,408 Times in 842 Posts

I know nothing about d/r procedures but it sounds like DOC can do just about anything they deem fit. (Rolleyes)
Old 08-01-2017, 09:01 AM

Thanked 1,383 Times in 560 Posts

I would contact the Ombudsman's office & see if they can help. Here's a link to their site- http://www.dcor.state.ga.us/InmateIn...sman/Ombudsman
I read over the handbook & it looks like they can get a DR if they just breathe & someone doesn't like it. Hope you hear some better news & that the Ombudsman's office can help.