Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Georgia General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Georgia that do not fit into any other Georgia sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 10-24-2017, 06:49 PM

Default TPM and PIC Release

Hello,

My loved one is currently in a GA facility and his TPM is August 2018, but his PIC date is December 2017. He has completed everything and is very confident he will be released in mid December. He has completed all classes and re-entry program, GED courses, anger management etc....My question is has anyone ever experienced PIC dates with a GA facility? Do the parole board have to meet before he is released or will they just apply his PIC points ? He has an approved parole address and I'm just waiting until my lease is up at my current home which is out of state. Thanks so much if anyone can help.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2017, 07:29 AM

I don't want to be negative, but PIC points are rarely actually given. They are the impossible carrot on a stick. I volunteer at at Reentry organization as well as have a son in the system, so I have seen a lot of cases. Release in Georgia is amazingly inconsistant, as far as who deserves to leave early and who stays. I wish you all the luck but urge you and him not to get your hopes to high and accept it with joy if it happens and courage if it doesn't.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to georgiagrama For This Useful Post:
GaReform (11-04-2017), K6770 (11-04-2017), LD1965 (01-17-2018), SallySue1973 (02-18-2018)
Old 11-04-2017, 07:59 AM

My loved one learned the same thing about PIC points. Had she not done all the things that she did to get her 12 PIC points her TPM would have likely been set 9+ months later. But her PIC points were not applied as such. Work for the earlier PIC release date, but be prepared for a release on or a few weeks after the TPM.
Old 11-04-2017, 07:39 PM

Thanked 1,493 Times in 600 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoJac View Post
Hello,

My loved one is currently in a GA facility and his TPM is August 2018, but his PIC date is December 2017. He has completed everything and is very confident he will be released in mid December. He has completed all classes and re-entry program, GED courses, anger management etc....My question is has anyone ever experienced PIC dates with a GA facility? Do the parole board have to meet before he is released or will they just apply his PIC points ? He has an approved parole address and I'm just waiting until my lease is up at my current home which is out of state. Thanks so much if anyone can help.
I have been told by people with experience in this that you know they'll be coming home soon when probation/parole comes by to do a home visit pre-release. I know waiting is hard but Georgiagrama is right, there is sometimes no making sense of the release system. Sure hope your loved one gets theirs sooner than later.
Old 11-07-2017, 12:09 AM

My PIC points were given to me. My TPM was April of 2017, I received a PIC month of AUG 2016. My date moved REALLY quickly too, and it seems like that's what's happening right now. I found out the last week of July that my TPM moved to August. Then the first week of August I was given labs and papers to sign and I was out by the 11th. SOOO, not that it happens for everyone, but my friends seem to be following the same pattern!
Old 11-08-2017, 01:26 PM

Hey im new the the site. What is TPM and PIC? Just asking cause my LO is about to see if he can go to the Halfway house sooner than the 6mths he is sentence to do in the halfway house. Do they approve the halfway house in most cases???

Last edited by Mrsmusej; 11-08-2017 at 01:27 PM.. Reason: Misspelled
Old 11-08-2017, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsmusej View Post
Hey im new the the site. What is TPM and PIC? Just asking cause my LO is about to see if he can go to the Halfway house sooner than the 6mths he is sentence to do in the halfway house. Do they approve the halfway house in most cases???
TPM is your Tentative Parole Month that is set by the board, and your PIC date is something that the board can choose to give you if they accept your points.

When you are in, you have a care and treatment plan (where you can receive 6 points) and you can receive work points (up to 6 for your detail). Meaning, technically, you could receive 12 months off your sentence.

I got denied TC because I had a victim, but in most cases I saw people fly to TC. There are certain time windows you have to fall in to be able to go to TC... so that's something he'll have to talk to his counselor about
Old 11-08-2017, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylaPaige View Post
TPM is your Tentative Parole Month that is set by the board, and your PIC date is something that the board can choose to give you if they accept your points.

When you are in, you have a care and treatment plan (where you can receive 6 points) and you can receive work points (up to 6 for your detail). Meaning, technically, you could receive 12 months off your sentence.

I got denied TC because I had a victim, but in most cases I saw people fly to TC. There are certain time windows you have to fall in to be able to go to TC... so that's something he'll have to talk to his counselor about
Ok its sounds like he wont be able to do that cause he has a victim also. But he was sentenced to prison time and halfway house 6mths so i was wonder will they let him go to the Halfway house a few months early.
Old 11-08-2017, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsmusej View Post
Ok its sounds like he wont be able to do that cause he has a victim also. But he was sentenced to prison time and halfway house 6mths so i was wonder will they let him go to the Halfway house a few months early.
Don't get discouraged about the victim, I've known people who have gone and had a victim. I'm not sure about his sentence... he could go a few months early if it falls in the right timeline. Like I said, I would just have him ask his counselor.
Old 11-08-2017, 05:39 PM

Smile

Ok Thank you
Old 11-09-2017, 10:38 AM

Thank you so much for this information! I am still a bit nervous but I can only have hope I this situation. I need to reach out to his father to see if the PO has came to his house to perform a pre-release visit. Also, is it mandatory to take the official GED test in order to be released? He has taken all of his classes and even the GED pre-test, but his counselor told him today the only thing left is for him to take the official GED test....
Old 11-10-2017, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoJac View Post
Thank you so much for this information! I am still a bit nervous but I can only have hope I this situation. I need to reach out to his father to see if the PO has came to his house to perform a pre-release visit. Also, is it mandatory to take the official GED test in order to be released? He has taken all of his classes and even the GED pre-test, but his counselor told him today the only thing left is for him to take the official GED test....
They won't keep you in prison for your GED, I should know I was an inmate teacher :P. Yes, you need to see if they've done the home visit, like I said, mine went pretty quickly. I was discouraged because my PIC didn't move 6 months in advance, but in actuality it really only took a few weeks. Once my TPM changed I was gone within 2 weeks!

Just stay hopeful, if it doesn't happen you still have the TPM to look forward to!