Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk > GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions Please post topics or discussions here that do not fit in the appropriate state or federal forums.

Old 12-03-2008, 11:10 PM

Question Sending Mail for an inmate

When he calls he occasionally asks me to call someone for his cell mate and an occasional inmate passing by and I don't have a problem most of the time... but sometimes i think theres something going on that i shouldn't be involved in. and recently he asked me if he sent me money if i would send it to an address for him... He knows i'm a good girl and i don't get my hands dirty for anyone but myself. I don't want him to feel like i'm betraying him or letting him down but i cannot put myself in a situation if something goes wrong. And when i asked for details he said it wasn't something he could tell me over the phone. I definatley don't wanna do anything that could give him more time if it went wrong. I jsut want him out already. Has anyone been asked to do something and if so any advice?
The Following User Says Thank You to kstate For This Useful Post:
1451jane (12-05-2008)
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2008, 11:13 PM

Well i'm not really sure how it is with your man. Can you visit him? He can talk about it then. I know one time i sent money to some random lady and it was for a WATCH for my honey. Can you believe that? He slipped about it later though..lol. Just goes to show it can be ANYTHNG. Sorry that's all the advice i can give. Hope it works out for you.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:19 PM

i won't be able to visit for another 3 weeks if even then...
Old 12-03-2008, 11:20 PM

Well i'm sorry to hear that. I haven't seen mine since March and it won't be for AT the VERY least another 7 or 8 weeks. It's up to you whether you know your man wouldn't put you in a position that would jeopardize his time or more importantly your morals.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:32 PM

My advice is don't do anything you are uncomfortable with. If you have a true love he will understand your situation. If you get a bad feeling don't do it... Sometimes thing can get out of hand when other prisoners realize that a man has a good woman... they start asking for little favors and then it just keeps getting bigger... be careful and use your better judgement
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to melissaboo For This Useful Post:
1451jane (12-05-2008), Star17 (12-16-2008)
Old 12-04-2008, 10:45 PM

i write a guy and do little things for him, things that i want to do, not that he asks for. i think if he started asking me for or to do things, it would seem as though he expected it rather than appreciated it and i can't say that i would comply. if he started asking me to do things for other inmates, i'd stop writing altogether! at that point, i would know he's taking advantage of me.

i read in a previous post that you're not even sure this is what you want, that you're doing it for him. don't do anything that would put yourself in a position of being or getting in trouble, for anyone! but especially not for someone that you're not even sure that you want to be with.......
The Following User Says Thank You to shady1 For This Useful Post:
kstate (12-04-2008)
Old 12-04-2008, 11:54 PM

thanks, it helps to know i'm not doing this alone and to finally be able to tell someone about this. I will definitely think about these things before i do anything.
Old 12-10-2008, 06:35 PM

I honestly wouldn't do anything like that unless I knew exactly what it was for. JMO