Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARKANSAS > Arkansas Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arkansas Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Arkansas Department of Corrections and local & county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 11-21-2002, 08:12 PM

Default Arkansas Lifers

From my e-mail:

Dear friends:

As many of you may not know, ALL life sentences handed down in Arkansas are without the possibility of parole. The only hope of release any Arkansas Lifer has is Executive Clemency - and we all know how few ever achieve that.

And, as everywhere else, Arkansas has its share of Lifers who no longer belong in prison - if they ever did at all.

For that reason, a couple of ladies named Patra Green and Debbie Boswell have established an organization called Concerned Citizen. The mission of Concerned Citizen is to advocate and lobby to have the possibility of parole for Lifers reinstated in Arkansas.

I know an AR prisoner who robbed a taco stand with a water pistol and got Life.

I know an AR prisoner who gave an acquaintance a ride "to pick up his final paycheck", and had no idea his acquaintance planned to murder his former employer. While my friend was in another room trying to phone his wife to let her know he'd soon be home he heard loud, angry voices and went to see what was going on. He had no idea a crime was about to be committed, and saved the life of the victim's wife by pushing her out of the way and being hit in the carotid artery by the bullet meant for her. He almost died saving her life. He got Life.

Both of these men have served more than 20 years. It's way past time to let them go home, and I know there are dozens of similar stories in the ADC.

If you're in Arkansas, or just interested in helping this cause, please e-mail them Concerned Citizen at ConcernedCitizen@justice.com

Please disssiminate this message to all your friends and contacts in Arkansas. Concerned Citizen needs help distributing and collecting signatures on the petition, and help lobbying the legislature. They need everyone's support!!

I hope that everyone in Arkansas will join them in this monumental and desperately needed campaign.

LINDA TANT MILLER
PRISON REFORM UNITY DAY 2003 IS OCTOBER 18
PRISON REFORM UNITY PROJECT - PRUP
http://www.prup.net
I Chronicals 9:33 - These are the singers, heads of the fathers' houses of the Levites, dwelling in the temple chambers, free from any other service because they were on duty day and night.
Sponsored Links