Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Georgia General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Georgia that do not fit into any other Georgia sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 06-13-2017, 09:03 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 18,125 Times in 6,605 Posts
Default 2 inmates have escaped after killing 2 correctional officers

"Two prisoners involved in the fatal shootings of two corrections officers on a bus Tuesday morning in central Georgia apparently have ditched their prison uniforms for stolen clothes. An expanding manhunt is underway for Donnie Russell Rowe, 43, and Ricky Dubose, 24."

Read full story here.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2017, 09:30 PM

Thanked 1,454 Times in 586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamac View Post
"Two prisoners involved in the fatal shootings of two corrections officers on a bus Tuesday morning in central Georgia apparently have ditched their prison uniforms for stolen clothes. An expanding manhunt is underway for Donnie Russell Rowe, 43, and Ricky Dubose, 24."

Read full story here.

That is really scary. My son has been on one of those transport buses. He was just transferred a few weeks ago & I am so happy he wasn't on this bus. I can't imagine what was going on with the other prisoners when this happened. I hope they catch the guys that did this & soon before anyone else gets hurt.
The Following User Says Thank You to GaReform For This Useful Post:
Lordbew/us (06-14-2017)
Old 06-13-2017, 09:45 PM

I just wonder how they were able to pull this off! It's horrible and truly was senseless. It is a total shame that they couldn't grow some balls and accept the consequences to their actions.
Old 06-14-2017, 12:47 AM
MiSsiNgHIM.

This is so sad I read the story it is heartbreaking 😟😔
Old 06-14-2017, 07:33 AM
Sun Dried Georgia Peach
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,962 Times in 1,414 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsa77 View Post
I just wonder how they were able to pull this off! It's horrible and truly was senseless. It is a total shame that they couldn't grow some balls and accept the consequences to their actions.
There is no telling what happened, before, during or after this happened.

Please remember, just because a court of law says it ONLY means what they think based on what was presented...not always what really happened.

Desperate people do desperate things. It is sad, very sad.

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - J Krishnamurti

'Why' must almost always override 'how'. - Anjewel

DEDICATED TO THE ONES WITH NO VOICE
Old 06-14-2017, 09:08 AM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 8,683 Times in 3,691 Posts

This is terrible news sending condolences to the families of the deceased. I hope the perpetrators are bought to justice and those not involved are spared any punishment.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army

Last edited by maytayah; 06-14-2017 at 09:10 AM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
Anjewel (06-14-2017), choclgs (06-14-2017), K6770 (06-14-2017)
Old 06-14-2017, 08:00 PM

Thanked 10,829 Times in 5,893 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsa77 View Post
It is unfortunately something that ultimately comes back to a lapse in security procedures. On occasion, there is assistance in planning that included other inmates who do maintenance having left something to assist in some capacity, but often the transportation officers get lackadaisical. That is a tough nut for the surviving family members to hear when the official reports finally come out.

Making this one more interesting is that one of those two looks like they could just blend in with mainstream society...the other dude...not so much. Nothing says probable cause quite like face and neck tattoos, and unless he invests in a ton of makeup, he will quickly be identified.

It will not surprise me to see at least one of those two commit suicide rather than go back and face the death penalty.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CenTexLyn For This Useful Post:
fiat_nox (06-15-2017), Lordbew/us (06-14-2017)
Old 06-14-2017, 10:06 PM

Thanked 2,414 Times in 845 Posts

I live in GA and I pray for the families of the officers that lost their lives!!!
My continued prayers that these two "hardened" criminals are apprehended, or better yet do themselves in soon! God forbid they harm or kill anyone else.
I wonder how much planning went into this escape or if it was spontaneous.
The younger inmate must not have been thinking of escaping while he was being inked in prison. His intake picture shows him free of the facial tattoo's.
Why oh why would you ink up your face??? I so do not get it!!!! I can see getting a tattoo on your arms, chest or back...but your face & neck???? I know probably gang related ...but still!!! I've always thought it to be less about art and more of a form of real defiant self hatred!

Last edited by Lordbew/us; 06-14-2017 at 10:08 PM..
Old 06-15-2017, 02:04 AM
still batshit crazy

Thanked 1,191 Times in 564 Posts

My heart aches for the families of the COs. To have a LO go off to work as usual and never come home . . .

and OMG, I can't begin to imagine what was going thru the other inmate's minds during this.

I wouldn't ever want to live near a prison.
Except I do only live 60 miles from my husband's facility . . .

Last edited by fiat_nox; 06-15-2017 at 02:09 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to fiat_nox For This Useful Post:
Lordbew/us (06-15-2017)
Old 06-15-2017, 08:28 PM

Thanked 1,454 Times in 586 Posts

I just saw that they have captured the 2 people who escaped. They were found in Tennessee. At least they won' be able to hurt anyone else. I pray that the families will be able to heal in time.
The Following User Says Thank You to GaReform For This Useful Post:
fiat_nox (06-16-2017)
Old 06-16-2017, 08:32 PM
Sun Dried Georgia Peach
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,962 Times in 1,414 Posts

Well, that's the thing about all this mess...no one heals. We just have to learn to live with it.

All of them are in my thoughts to find some peace and just a little strength and faith to go on with what they have to do.

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - J Krishnamurti

'Why' must almost always override 'how'. - Anjewel

DEDICATED TO THE ONES WITH NO VOICE
Old 06-17-2017, 07:55 AM

The trials of these guys should happen as quickly as possible so that the families can get on with their lives as best as possible. However, given that the death penalty will be in play I'm afraid they will not get that.
Old 06-19-2017, 10:58 PM
still batshit crazy

Thanked 1,191 Times in 564 Posts

Just ran into this youtube video with a couple of details of their capture. Veru interesting.

WARNING:
If you are an LASO, you prob'ly want to stop right after the 1st story. The second story is about an SO and he has some pretty harsh things to say.