Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > WISCONSIN > Wisconsin Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Wisconsin Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Wisconsin.

Old 06-29-2018, 01:25 AM

Default Expected wait times / early release programs in WI

Hi. I'm headed to Tay very soon. I'm wondering if anyone has any information about the wait times for ealry release programs offered specifically the SAP. I'm completely new to the women prison system and any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Nikko
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2018, 06:33 AM

Depending on your sentence and program availability you may get ERP fairly quickly. Wisconsin prisons are over full so they want to get people out as quickly as they can. while your'e waiting it goes without saying that you need to avoid conduct reports. The two biggest pitfalls at TCI are pills and sexual conduct. I wish you the best of luck.
Old 06-29-2018, 07:36 AM

I just read your post in introductions. You havent been sentenced yet. Depending on the amount you got caught with you may be able to avoid prison altogether. You have kids and that is to your favor. Also, in the mean time I strongly suggest you find an AODA program and enroll immediately. You can then show the judge what steps you have taken already. Your fiance however may not get so lucky. Wisconsin tends to be harder on men then women. I don't know how far along you are in your court proceedings but if you are in the early stages...again depending on what you got caught with, charge enhancers, prior criminal record, etc....you may be able to get away with a year in county. Talk to your attorney and pray you don't have a public defender, but even if you do not all hope is lost. Opiate offences in Wisconsin, while on the rise, are also being met with treatment options in some cases rather then prison time. There is a senator or congressman in your area who's daughter was battling addiction. I think I may have heard she OD'd recently, and while tragic, may also work in your favor as authorities are becoming more sympathetic to these offences.
Old 06-29-2018, 08:40 PM

I have four open cases im four separate counties
All of which are felony with the repeater enhancer. However three of them are completely related. Is there any truth to the five year rule that if you have more than five you're chances at ERP are minimized? Sounds like everything will run concurrent so I'm hoping to stay under that five year mark.
Old 06-29-2018, 09:01 PM

I think you'll stay under the 5 year mark. There is no truth to not getting ERP if you are over 5 years. If the judge grants it....you get it. You may wait a while to get in and any time off your prison sentence is added to your out time...so, if you get revoked you don't get ERP again. The judge may also order that you do a certain percentage of your time before you are eligible. I still don't think you are gonna get that much time though. I think 5 would be your high end
Old 07-01-2018, 05:43 PM

Maybe I stated that wrong. I read if you have over five years your not a priority to getting in. I assume that the more time you have to longer you'll have to wait to get into a program but my fiance once got in right away and did only 9 months of a four year sentence. Guess I'm just hoping they try to push me through quick as this is my first time and I have my kids to get back to. I have plea and sentencing on Tuesday but the da is allowing me to report later so i can get a few procedures done before I start my time.

UOTE=formerwisinmate;7730391]I think you'll stay under the 5 year mark. There is no truth to not getting ERP if you are over 5 years. If the judge grants it....you get it. You may wait a while to get in and any time off your prison sentence is added to your out time...so, if you get revoked you don't get ERP again. The judge may also order that you do a certain percentage of your time before you are eligible. I still don't think you are gonna get that much time though. I think 5 would be your high end[/quote]
Old 07-01-2018, 08:36 PM

Default First time offender

this is the first time you have been in prison. Points for you. It is a non violent offense. Another point for you. You have children. Points for you. I think if you are eligible for boot camp you can get in quickly as no one wants to do it. Its not hat hard but why bust your ass doing a boot camp when you can sit in an earned release program. If you are eligible for boot camp take it...it is the fastest way out.h
Old 07-01-2018, 09:03 PM

Default Boot camp!

I'm definitely willing to do boot camp especially if it gets me home and able to get my kids back quicker. My plan is just mind my business and not get wrapped up in any drama/trouble and get home! Any idea on what the wait times are for boot camp vs the substance abuse program? Thanks a million btw!!

QUOTE=formerwisinmate;7730727]this is the first time you have been in prison. Points for you. It is a non violent offense. Another point for you. You have children. Points for you. I think if you are eligible for boot camp you can get in quickly as no one wants to do it. Its not hat hard but why bust your ass doing a boot camp when you can sit in an earned release program. If you are eligible for boot camp take it...it is the fastest way out.h[/quote]
Old 07-03-2018, 07:50 PM

If you are eligible for boot camp you will get in there quicker then Earned release. There are age requirements (I think under 40) and physical requirements (no asthma, handicaps, etc) and you will have to pass a physical exam where they have you do so many push ups and running.
Old 07-04-2018, 03:36 PM

Default CIP

The age limit is 40 and yes you definitely need to be in good health and physical condition. I am confident I would be able to handle it as far as the physical part. I curious about the mental /emotional health. I was told you can't be on any meds. I'm on antidepressants but nothing crazy. Just regular depression and anxiety. I can handle life without them so I'm willing to stop taking them if I need to for boot camp. Thanks again!

Nichole
Old 07-05-2018, 06:49 AM

I'm pretty sure you can't be on meds as the camps that offer CIP don't have adequate mental health services. I guess you have to decide if you need your meds or CIP more. Either way ERP is still available. Find out at staffing if you can do CIP first, then go from there.
The Following User Says Thank You to formerwisinmate For This Useful Post:
ButerUPliife (07-10-2018)