Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > INDIANA > Indiana Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Indiana Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Indiana.

Old 09-22-2018, 04:20 PM

Default Hancock Cty jail transfer to daviess cty?

My daughter was just transferred from the hancock county to the daviess county jail. They woke her up at 3am and would not allow her to take anything with her.
She had a plea deal that stated that if she completed the MRT and JIP program she could petition the court to get out early. The daviess county jail does not offer either program. Can they legally do this? I feel like they are not allowing her to complete the deal that was accepted by the court.

Thanks for any insight.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2018, 07:11 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 32,954 Times in 15,117 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloomer01 View Post
My daughter was just transferred from the hancock county to the daviess county jail. They woke her up at 3am and would not allow her to take anything with her.
She had a plea deal that stated that if she completed the MRT and JIP program she could petition the court to get out early. The daviess county jail does not offer either program. Can they legally do this? I feel like they are not allowing her to complete the deal that was accepted by the court.

Thanks for any insight.
Yes they can. Most likely she won't be at Daviess very long before moving again. Sometimes an inmate is moved to where there is a bed while waiting for a bed to open up where they need to be. My Mr was tranferred, if I remember correctly, at least 3 times (county to county to county) before getting to the classification prison.

One of most DOC's mottos is usually some version of "Hurry up & wait."

Welcome to PTO

patchouli, PTO Admin