Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Georgia Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Georgia Department of Corrections and local & county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 11-10-2014, 06:59 PM

Cool RSAT Georgia New Inmate

My fiance' just arrived at Appling Co ITF. Anyone want to chat who currently has someone in program or has any other information to share please feel free to respond or message me.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2014, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by journee65 View Post
My fiance' just arrived at Appling Co ITF. Anyone want to chat who currently has someone in program or has any other information to share please feel free to respond or message me.
Hey!My Hubby is waiting to be shipped there.. How long did your LO have to wait before he was sent there after sentencing?I have been praying For someone to help me with info on this Facility..
Old 11-13-2014, 07:35 AM

Default Hi

Hi good to hear from you, my fiance' was sentenced for review Aug 6 2014, was evaluated and approved on Aug 28 and wasnt moved from Bulloch County until Nov 3. I called and harrassed the probation, the judge, the jail, and the DA, they all never had any info, the one to call is the DOC in atlanta, they may not have any info on how long it may take, but the more you call in and become a pest the more they know the inmate has someone on the outside and they wont be forgotten about. Feel free to reach out anytime if you have any other questions. Ive been dealing with this screwed up system for a while and will be glad to help.
Old 11-13-2014, 01:48 PM

Thanx a lot.. A lot or the Forums deal with Rsat.. And I haven't actually heard much about the ITP at Baxley.I've been doing internet searches but I still don't know that much.He is still in county and nobody there is Familar with the intergrated program either.He's been down 5 months ,and ITP is all he has to do For now to Get home.He's never been a product of the state so all this is new to him.I've been in the custody of the DOC, but that was over 10 year ago;so I know a lot has changed.Thanx,again,and GOD bless.Tell your LO best wishes on his journey..I'm always rooting For someone trying to do better For themselves and their Fam!
Old 11-23-2014, 09:18 PM

Default RSAT In Walker

Hey there? Does anyone know if there is such a program in Walker State Prison. My fiancée is supposed to be leaving tonight and going there. They first told him Bainbridge but the guards are telling him he will be going to Walker. How long before he can call. Thanks ya'll
Old 11-24-2014, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilbabyeternal View Post
Thanx a lot.. A lot or the Forums deal with Rsat.. And I haven't actually heard much about the ITP at Baxley.I've been doing internet searches but I still don't know that much.He is still in county and nobody there is Familar with the intergrated program either.He's been down 5 months ,and ITP is all he has to do For now to Get home.He's never been a product of the state so all this is new to him.I've been in the custody of the DOC, but that was over 10 year ago;so I know a lot has changed.Thanx,again,and GOD bless.Tell your LO best wishes on his journey..I'm always rooting For someone trying to do better For themselves and their Fam!
Hi so good to hear from you, if the rsat is the only thing he has to do, then they are just waiting on a bed for him, seems like the waiting list is kinda backed up now.
The Following User Says Thank You to journee65 For This Useful Post:
Lilbabyeternal (12-02-2014)
Old 11-28-2014, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesgirl14 View Post
Hey there? Does anyone know if there is such a program in Walker State Prison. My fiancée is supposed to be leaving tonight and going there. They first told him Bainbridge but the guards are telling him he will be going to Walker. How long before he can call. Thanks ya'll

yes they do my fiancée is in walker in the RSAT program he called a few days after he had been there
Old 12-02-2014, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Hi so good to hear from you, if the rsat is the only thing he has to do, then they are just waiting on a bed for him, seems like the waiting list is kinda backed up now.
Hey,Hun.. Did your LO Go to diagnostics First or straight to Baxley?
Old 12-09-2014, 10:45 PM

My prayers have been answered.. when I say JEHOVAH is so GOOD!My hubbie left Monday For Appling ITF.. So now our countdown begins!!He had someone Give me a call even though when he didn't call me that morning From County I knew he was Gone.I'm just ready to hear his voice and let him know I'm proud of him For accepting the help and trying to become a better Person, Husband, and Father.I love him so much and will stand by him til the death of me..
Old 09-24-2015, 05:39 PM

I see your husband is in Appling ITF, My fiance just signed his waiver today to be put on the waiting list. About how long did your husband have to wait and about how long before he got visitation? Is he able to make calls like they are in county?
Old 09-24-2015, 05:48 PM

Unhappy

I see your SO is in Appling ITF, Mine just signed his waiver today to be put on the waiting list. About how long did he have to wait and about how long before he got visitation? Is he able to make calls like they are in county? Any other details your know about the program? My old man is very spiritual...I know Walker has very good faith based programs. How about Appling...How's your old man making out...Any feedback would be deeply appreciated...
Old 09-24-2015, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaintrite View Post
I see your SO is in Appling ITF, Mine just signed his waiver today to be put on the waiting list. About how long did he have to wait and about how long before he got visitation? Is he able to make calls like they are in county? Any other details your know about the program? My old man is very spiritual...I know Walker has very good faith based programs. How about Appling...How's your old man making out...Any feedback would be deeply appreciated...
So Glad that progress is being made!!Ma husband came home on September 3rd!!The program was Great For him!!He's doing well and it was a GOD send.He was a probationer so he went to Baxley.It was a PDC.It took him about 2 months to Get shipped off .. But I did keep calling GDOC.He could use the phone about a week later after his phone list Got approved.. It took about 3 weeks For the viso sheet.They approved visitors about a week later.He completed the program Flawlessy!I pray the best For you all!The call system is set up through Global Tel Link.Try to Get a local number to the city For cheaper rates..Keep your head up, and I hope it all Goes well!!
Old 09-28-2015, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaintrite View Post
Heaintrite, my son was just transfered to rsat facility today. He was in county for 4 months waiting. I'll post how things go
Old 09-28-2015, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilbabyeternal View Post
So Glad that progress is being made!!Ma husband came home on September 3rd!!The program was Great For him!!He's doing well and it was a GOD send.He was a probationer so he went to Baxley.It was a PDC.It took him about 2 months to Get shipped off .. But I did keep calling GDOC.He could use the phone about a week later after his phone list Got approved.. It took about 3 weeks For the viso sheet.They approved visitors about a week later.He completed the program Flawlessy!I pray the best For you all!The call system is set up through Global Tel Link.Try to Get a local number to the city For cheaper rates..Keep your head up, and I hope it all Goes well!!
Thank you for the info...Very much appreciated!!!
Old 08-08-2016, 12:36 PM

Default Appling County ITF

Quote:
My son is currently as we speak being transferred from our local jail to this facility. It is about 6 hours from us, so he has not yet arrived. I'd like to connect with you as we both go through this journey with our loved ones. When I learn more I will let you know and vice versa, if you'd like. Thanks.
Old 08-09-2016, 08:35 PM

Smile Son Entered ITF at Baxley Yesterday 8-7-2016

My 28 yo son was transported from county jail to RSAT program, ITF in Baxley, GA yesterday. I only found out when I got an email saying the visit I had scheduled with him had been canceled due to inmate release. I knew then he had been transferred but had to call about 15 numbers to get confirmation. It is about 5 hours from us. It is a 9 month program. The facility in Baxley is a former prison, but now is an RSAT facility for non-violent offenders. That's all I know. Does any one know anything about this facility and when he can call me, etc. Has any one ever had a loved one there and can apprise me of their experience with the program? I can't find anything much online and most of the DOC websites are so outdated you can't depend on them. Any help is appreciated.
Old 09-11-2018, 07:44 PM

My husband just got sent to Appling and insight I’m new to this
Old 10-06-2018, 12:59 PM

My partner was transferred from South Carolina to Georgia about a year and a half ago. He was sentenced to the Georgia RSAT program on July 19 and has been waiting to be transferred to an RSAT facility.

We are thinking (hoping) he will go to Coastal State Prison, that is closest to home. Does anyone have anyone that will be graduating from the Coastal RSAT program soon, we are thinking that he will be transferred upon availability. Or any details on what to expect.

Any help is appreciated.