Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > COLORADO > Colorado Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Colorado Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Information relating to the Colorado Department of Corrections. This includes info about Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail.

Old 10-16-2018, 05:23 PM
Married May 27, 2017!

Default Guide to visiting Bent County Correctional Facility

Since I had to find out a lot of information on my own about visiting this facility (and nobody here was able to help me out) I thought that I'd make a helpful, recent guide. I will also try to give links to make the process easy for those who may be first timers.

1. BCCF's visitation is from 10:00 AM to 3:50 PM Friday through Sunday. Unless you have special permission from the visitation office due to being an out of state visitor, you can only visit Friday and Saturday or Friday and Sunday.

2. You must have an active regular visitation form on file regardless of if you are making a special visit or not.

Regular Visit Application

BCCF apparently only considers an application for special visit if you are wanting to visit outside of normal visiting days. However the visitation officer is very reasonable and I was granted an extra day of visit when I told him that I hadn't seen my husband in a year and was coming from out of state (I had tried filling out a special visit application.)

Special Visit Application

If you're going to be a regular visitor on regular days, you do not need to send in a special visit application.

These must be mailed along with a copy of your ID to

Attention: Private Prison Monitoring Unit
Colorado Department of Corrections Headquarters
1250 Academy Park Loop
Colorado Springs, CO 80910

3. You must schedule your visit ahead of time with BCCF itself. Visitors must schedule their visit Friday thru Wednesday beginning the week before their visit, during 0800-1700 via telephone at 719-456-2610 or e-mail bccfvisiting@corecivic.com. Visitors may not schedule a visit more than 7 days in advance.

4. This facility does not allow tank tops even if covered by another garment such as a shrug. Shirts seem to pass if they are about three fingers below the collarbone. They don't seem to care if a bit of accidental cleavage is shown when at the table, but deliberate is a definite no-no.

Shoes must be closed toed, open back is fine. Shoes that slip on are much easier for this facility. Knee-high boots are allowed only if they are a floppy construction and can pass through the xray scanner, as they require shoes to be on a tray with the soles on the bottom of the tray.
They did not seem to have a problem concerning skinny jeans, though actual leggings were a no-no.

As with all Colorado faciliies, only a religious medallion and a wedding ring set may be worn. Those wearing religious medallions of lesser known religions (such as a Thor's Hammer or a pentacle) may be asked to remove them as they are not easily identifiable as religious icons.

5. Processing for the day starts at 9:30, they let you in the gates at 9:25, maybe earlier if it's a cold/wet day. You purchase a card for the vending machines for $1. You can load up to $70 on it at once. For snack foods/drinks the prices are about the same as vending machine prices outside of prison. Microwaveable foods cost around $4-5 each.

6. After you get your money on your card, you must fill out a form, including the make and model of your car. Even if you are just dropped off YOU MUST FILL OUT THIS INFORMATION. They will make you call the person who dropped you off to get that information.

This form only needs to be filled out once a year or if you have a change in vehicle information, etc.

7. If you want visit pictures, these must be paid when you check in for the day. You must have exact change. These are taken against a pleasant background of a pond and you can choose your own pose as long as it's decent and is not kissing.

1 pose is $1.75
2 poses are $3.50
I forgot how much 3 poses are
4 poses are $7

You and your inmate will each receive a copy.

8. OK so here's the reason why slip on shoes are so valuable. Once you're through the metal detector, you get a basic pat down. Put your shoes back on, they will not let you through the next door without. If you have to go to the bathroom, you have to remove your shoes and get another full pat down process. Shoes that don't zip up or slip on slow down the entire line for everyone else.

Even on restroom breaks you must take off your shoes and get another full pat down.

Anyway, I hope that this helps someone soon and that you won't be as clueless as I was.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2018, 09:23 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 32,935 Times in 15,108 Posts

Thank you so much for the detailed visitation info You have no idea how many folks this will help! In addition to members, both present and future, there are always "guests" who read the forums, yet for some reason don't register an account. Right this minute there are 1,895 "guests."

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
Revenwyn (10-17-2018)