Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Georgia Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Georgia.

Old 10-23-2018, 07:53 PM

Unhappy Rogers state prison, canít get info on inmate

My bf called me saying to call the prison right away and request an immediate transfer for him to another dorm that night. I did it and they said theyíd do it. Itís been a week and he still hasnít called me back. He called everyday before. So I called them and I am on his approved information release list. But they said all they could tell me is he did get moved from that dorm, they wonít tell me if he got hurt or in trouble or anything about why he wonít call me. Does anyone have any experience with this? Why wouldnít he be able to call? Hospital? Solitary? I assume he was being threatened if he wanted to be moved so urgently but they wonít tell me if he got hurt or anything. Iím so worried about him.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2018, 05:03 PM
Super Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Thanked 5,628 Times in 2,838 Posts

Sounds like he is most likely in protective custody which is basically solitary confinement with no or hardly any privileges. Writing him a letter is your best bet.
Old 10-24-2018, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sass4221 View Post
Sounds like he is most likely in protective custody which is basically solitary confinement with no or hardly any privileges. Writing him a letter is your best bet.
Do you know if they can use the money that you put on their books while theyíre in protective custody? I donít know if I should keep sending money on the weekends
Old 10-24-2018, 05:43 PM
Super Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Thanked 5,628 Times in 2,838 Posts

I only know about KY prisons but they are very limited as to what they are allowed to spend. I would stop sending money until you hear from him.
Old 10-24-2018, 06:52 PM

Thanked 11,058 Times in 5,991 Posts

Prisons are limited by both statute and policy as to what can be released. That information becomes even MORE restricted when the caller seeking information is not even immediate family.

Compounding matters was that there was SOME manner of incident that resulted in him having to catch out...as a result, any prudent administrator is not going to give information out on the phone to a person they cannot identify.

Before sending any funds, one should always be aware of any policies related to what can be spent in a given period. Having more money on the books than can be spent can make one a target of opportunity. Crime does not cease to exist just because one is in prison...
Old 10-26-2018, 09:43 AM

My fiancť called and told me they have a scabies out break at Rogers state prison..on him and 6 others in his dorm tested negative so they told him to pack up lastnight but I don’t know if he got transferred or not but Rogers have not been answering phone all morning and they usually do does anybody have anymore information on this
Old 10-27-2018, 10:36 PM

Thanked 1,524 Times in 610 Posts

Try calling the Dept of Corrections & ask if they can check his status. They'll need his GDC#. They may can tell you if they have any info on Rogers. the number to call is 404-656-4661
Old 11-01-2018, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meechie914 View Post
My fiancť called and told me they have a scabies out break at Rogers state prison..on him and 6 others in his dorm tested negative so they told him to pack up lastnight but I donít know if he got transferred or not but Rogers have not been answering phone all morning and they usually do does anybody have anymore information on this
My husband is there and he said they moved all the people with it to the gym until they are better. My husband actually gets out tomorrow!!!!!!
Old 11-01-2018, 06:53 PM

Thanked 1,524 Times in 610 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by twismwife86 View Post
My husband is there and he said they moved all the people with it to the gym until they are better. My husband actually gets out tomorrow!!!!!!

Congratulations on his release. Good luck with everything & please post to let people know how it goes.