Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Georgia Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release and community service in Georgia should be posted here.

Old 10-26-2018, 02:36 PM

Default Armed robbery with parole

I recently started talking to someone in prison for armed robbery. This is his second time in prison and has been there for 3 years. He got sentenced 20years do 10 years. When do you all think he will be out? Heís been on good behavior and also has earned pic points
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2018, 09:08 PM

Thanked 1,524 Times in 610 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fmedina View Post
I recently started talking to someone in prison for armed robbery. This is his second time in prison and has been there for 3 years. He got sentenced 20years do 10 years. When do you all think he will be out? Heís been on good behavior and also has earned pic points

You can go to the DOC site for Pardons & Paroles & look to see if he has a TPM date. You need to enter his GDC #. He can also talk to his counselor & ask them to check.
Old 10-27-2018, 12:17 PM

What does he tell you?
Old 11-01-2018, 11:00 AM

I’m going to be completely honest with you my husband is at hays state prison and this was his first armed robbery charge. He had been there for 11 years now and his max out date is May 2020! The only possibility he has if getting out is getting accepted into an halfway house! I’m working on that now for him but being that he has a violent crime charge they usually don’t give parole.
Old 11-01-2018, 06:49 PM

Thanked 1,524 Times in 610 Posts

If nothing else, is he eligible to go to a transitional center? He would still be incarcerated but it is much better preparing them for reentry. They get jobs, can wear regular clothes, have cellphones & visitation is much more relaxed. The TC where my son was even took the guys to Dollar Tree to shop once a week. Here is some info on them.http://www.dcor.state.ga.us/Division...s/Transitional . His counselor should be able to tell him if he qualifies. I know someone whose son had an armed robbery charge. He was allowed to go to a TC before release. He had 6 years to serve & was released about a month ago.
Old 11-05-2018, 11:29 AM

Being that he is currently on the tier program he is not eligible for transitional housing! His next review is in January and heíll either Phase up or down if he phases down heíll be put on the step down program which will allow him to still be eligible for transitional housing even if he doesnít go to general population. Itís really him stopping him from being transferred to a tc but heís been there so long Iím sometimes afraid my husband doesnít want to come home
Old Yesterday, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyoung20 View Post
Iím going to be completely honest with you my husband is at hays state prison and this was his first armed robbery charge. He had been there for 11 years now and his max out date is May 2020! The only possibility he has if getting out is getting accepted into an halfway house! Iím working on that now for him but being that he has a violent crime charge they usually donít give parole.
The guy whom i am speaking to is eligible for parole thatís why i thought he would be out maybe in the next year
Old Yesterday, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Sunny View Post
What does he tell you?
He said he was was getting out within the next 8months to a year.
Old Yesterday, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaReform View Post
You can go to the DOC site for Pardons & Paroles & look to see if he has a TPM date. You need to enter his GDC #. He can also talk to his counselor & ask them to check.
Iíve looked at the TPM but it says no decision. How soon will that be updated when the parole board give him a date