Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > KENTUCKY > Kentucky General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Kentucky General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Kentucky that do not fit into any other Kentucky sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 03-17-2018, 12:38 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 32,945 Times in 15,112 Posts
Default Bluegrass Cafe 2018 Chit Chat Thread

Oh My How'd it get to be March 2018 already I've procrastinated well past January 1st I do apologize for that and, not excuses, but my plate has been overly-full the past several months.

I don't usually post personal info, but I'm gonna throw this out there: My Mr has been Home almost a year now; however, several months ago he fell from the top of a 12' ladder while at work...onto concrete = 2 skull fractures (initial bleeding, which clotted), several broken ribs, & both bones in lower left leg shattered & surgery to insert a metal rod. ICU for 7 days. Blood thinners for clots for 5 months. He has no sense of taste or smell. Even after all this time there is no way to predict the extent to which he will recover from the traumatic brain injury (TBI).
He still has dizzy spells. He has episodes that he describes as a "violent shaking" of his brain. He still isn't supposed to drive. There have been definite changes in personality and other more subtle differences. They say that there won't be much more (if any) improvement past the 2 year mark.

Initially, there were 3 -4 doctor appts a week. Now we're down to physical therapy 2x a week, orthopedic appt 1x every 6 weeks, TBI / Mental Counseling 1x per month (not enough), & not another Neuro appt for 6 months. We don't know if / when he'll be released to return to work...but we do know that he can't go back to the job he'd had, even though his employer is more than willing for him to come back to work (Both PT and Doctor's orders).

I know all that ^^^^ sounds horrible, it was & still is in some ways, but there is some good news as well. My daughter has been clean 17 months & should be getting her kids back in approx 6 weeks. Somehow, for the past several months, I've managed to take her for supervised (CPS) visits with the kids. All she was given was a 2 hour visit once every other week....but its a 6 hour round trip, not counting the 2 hour visit I've thoroughly enjoyed both the drive there & back with my daughter AND the visits with my grandkids

So, whew!! That's what's been going on with me I've been meeting myself coming & going, but things are finally beginning to slow down and will hopefully just keep getting better & better - for both My Mr & my daughter

Hope ya'll are all doing well, getting those garden spots ready and/or planting early crops.

Thinking about a g2g the end of next month...think about it, check your calendars, and I'll start a g2g thread in a couple of days

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
mykygal (03-27-2018), sass4221 (03-17-2018)
Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2018, 09:12 AM

Glad to hear from you all. I am so sorry Patchouli about your Mr. TBI is difficult and trying sometimes. I know he is in good hands with you! Many blessings your way.

Sass - I know how it is with working all the time. I have done it for years and would like to slow down myself. Got to try to make a living, though.

I would love to see you both! I have missed you both. Miss you too, Jemison and other KY folks. I would love a G2G.

Hugs to you both! Speaking of work. Got to go for now.
The Following User Says Thank You to mykygal For This Useful Post:
patchouli (03-27-2018)
Old 05-18-2018, 07:10 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

mykygal, if you have any words of wisdom and/or thoughts, ideas of things that may help me deal with My Mr's TBI, I'd sure appreciate it. "Difficult and trying" is not quite adequate for what goes on around here sometimes. He gets so angry when he doesn't understand something & it isn't unusual these days for him to get confused and not understand. All these years, he had never once raised his voice to me. Not once. Now its at least once a day. I walk away, go to a different room or go outside. It passes and then things are all hunky dory until the next time. Heavy Sigh.

My mom & cousin decided to have a bunco once a month. This month was our first one & I do believe its about the only time I've anything just for the fun of it since his accident. The only "out" I've had was taking my daughter to see the kids, but she & her boyfriend got a nice car, so they've been doing that together - which they should. The kids needed to meet the b/f a few times before the reunification.

Anyone planting a garden? I miss having a garden but I have planted quite a few flowers...all in pots. Wanna know why their in pots? Well, I'll tell ya! The young kids the landlord gets to mow and weed-eat, mowed & weed-eated the daisies, hostas, chocolate mint and anything else they came across every year since we've lived here This year, as things began to pop up out of the soil, I'd dig some up and put it in a pot on the porch I also bought a few different varieties of flowers & several large pots, plus My Mr surprised me with a rose bush that I also planted in a large pot If I knew how to get pics from my phone to the computer, I'd post some pictures. Sounds like a project for tomorrow, doesn't it!? LOL If I don't forget, I'll get on that in the morning

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
mykygal (06-10-2018)
Old 05-20-2018, 07:15 PM
Super Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Thanked 5,620 Times in 2,835 Posts

Do you have internet on your phone? If so, email them to yourself. There should be a 'share' button when you open the picture. That's how I do it.

I was lazy this year and only bought 2 handing baskets and set them on top of the pots. Usually I buy a couple of flats and plant them. No time or energy for that this year.

I hate to hear that your Mr isn't all back to normal. I had so hoped it would pass. Hopefully mykygal has some useful insight to offer.

Everything is the same here.
Old 05-20-2018, 08:02 PM
PTO Administrator

Donation Award 

Why yes yes I do have internet on my phone....I'll give that a try That's what I do with things I need copies of since there's no ink in my printer. I scan them, email them to myself and go print at the library.

Due to the severity (and other factors), he'll most likely never be 100%. It hasn't quite been a year, so there should be at least some improvement. From what I've read, and from the neurologist, 2 years is pretty much the limit, after that we can expect things to stay the same.

patchouli, PTO Admin

mykygal (06-10-2018)
Old 05-21-2018, 08:10 PM
DANA'S HOME

Hello Everyone!
How are yous all? Mykygal miss yous all long long time no see!
Patch sending Mr lots of healing prayers and strength for you. God doesn't give us more than we can handle we are survivors! Worriers!

Well I too been busy with life heath has taken its toll but I'm still fighting. Haven't worked since Nov 2016. John is same ole same ole. But we both are hanging in.
Sug/Savannah is doing good still have her every weekend she just turned 10
Darion is still at home n doing well he's 23 and works driving forklift for novelis in Berea. Dana as well is doing good still at same job but shes been boxing for some time now her last big fight was in San Fran in Cali she loves it.
I checked in a while ago hoped you all seen it and hope each n everyone of you ..love peace n happiness
Love you all
0612/e/parole&date/k/6u54/event.png[/img]

Last edited by jemison2001; 05-21-2018 at 08:15 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jemison2001 For This Useful Post:
mykygal (06-10-2018), patchouli (05-21-2018)
Old 05-21-2018, 08:15 PM
DANA'S HOME

Hey..forgot to ask does anyone know anything about casey county detention ctr asking for a friend . visitation , money , hours etc. Anything you can tell plzz do n thank you!
Old 06-10-2018, 09:06 PM

Good to talk to you, Patch! So sorry about your Mr. and his TBI. It is so difficult to deal with the unpredictable outbursts they can have. So hard to deal with at times. I wish I could come up with some wisdom filled answers for you. I know it can wear you down. Getting out more with others will break the tension. Can he be left alone a little while? Let me try to doa little research for you. I know there will be support groups which would be good.

Jemison - So happy to hear from you. I have been lax in checking on the KY forum. I have been so busy lately that I find myself exhausted and not doing things I should. Too much going on my life right now. I hope to see it hear from you soon!!

Sass - Sounds like you are working all the time. Slow down girl. Don’t want you to be a broke down person like me

I hope to see you all soon. Take care everyone.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mykygal For This Useful Post:
patchouli (06-10-2018), sass4221 (06-11-2018)
Old 07-02-2018, 01:24 AM

Hello everyone! Just a quick update. My d-I-l is doing great. Doc says she thinks they got all the cancer. Still going to have chemo and radiation.

I am in Kansas visiting with my grandson and his mom. H is my surrogate daughter. She is a sweetheart! Such a good mom. I still think it is surreal that he is 5’10” with a deep voice and driving. He is 16 now and he is a dedicated soccer player.

Also, visiting friends and former coworkers in Kansas City! I miss living here. Wish I could come back but know I can’t. I will settle for visits till I win the lottery.

I need to try to sleep. As usual, it evades me! Have a Happy 4th!! Be safe!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mykygal For This Useful Post:
patchouli (07-02-2018), Sarianna (07-02-2018), sass4221 (07-02-2018)
Old 07-20-2018, 12:57 PM

Hi everyone! Back from the Land of Oz (KS)! Got back a week ago. Dealing with a virus of some sort. Probably picked it up on the flight home! Other than that is all okay in the north east side of KY.

Daughter in law still doing good after her surgery. Chemo starts 7/26. Brother is waiting to go back to a nursing home with hospice unit. Sister says she isn't going to take care of him anymore! I hate family drama.

I look forward to seeing you all on the 15th of August!
patchouli (07-20-2018)
Old 07-29-2018, 06:51 AM
DANA'S HOME

Good Morning how is everyone doing? good I hope. well been having some family drama with my oldest daughter and dana but when they get over it maybe we will talk again. before its too late. john hasn't been too well had to completely take him away from the kitchen and that's his passion cooking he has no feeling in hands and feet due to his sugar but has burned his hands and they ended up taking 1/2 a finger off as well as a toe now... so I been doing a lot of nursing and its drained me.

we been trying to make sure savanah has a great summer vaca as well ..shes been with us all summer of course...lol..so we went to pigeon forge for the 4th and were going back next weekend. she loves it there. doing some swimming and yard sailing...lol..she love those too. Darion is still with us he working for novilis driving fork lift and hes enjoying that. hes actually told me last week that he wants to move out on his own and give it a whirl..my eyes teared up like the first day of school...lol...almost felt like I was losing my baby but its only the beginning of his journey and we wish him well. he knows my door is always open and he will always have his room here.

idk if I told yous but we also have johns dad here hes mostly bed ridden but I say just to sorry to get up and move around....he can walk but has a hard time hes 74 so that another body to care for and I have a hard time only because johns dad was NEVER there for him or is sister when they were small he left them in their home alone for months at a time no food water or electric and john said when he did come back would be for a day then gone again..so now he needs someone to care for him???...GRRRR...sorry just venting.

ok.. well were off to the fair today here in town we went to Lexington bluegrass fair 2 weeks ago I think times flys bye I cant keep up. lol if I remember to log in and keep up maybe I can make the next G2G xoxo
mykygal (08-01-2018), patchouli (07-29-2018)
Old 08-22-2018, 08:02 PM
DANA'S HOME

Good Evening
Danas husband went up for parole again last week and got flopped again he now has to serve out another 18 months and it will be 17yrs hard to believe...they are no longer a couple still married but since shes been out she went the other way..they say prison does that too you...lol oh well they both are in a good space about the whole thing. we will be visiting him next month. its been a while since we been there.
The Following User Says Thank You to jemison2001 For This Useful Post:
patchouli (08-22-2018)
Old 09-03-2018, 06:59 PM

Good to hear from you, Jemison! Sorry you have a lot on your plate. Hope John is doing well and you with your work load. You always have a lot going on but that is life, isn't it! We all do in our own way.

Patch - I hope you and your mister are doing okay.

Sass - Still working all the time but we do kind of get used to it don't we.

I am slowing down a little at the shop . With everything else going on, hard to do everything. It will all work out in the long run, I guess! Stay well every one!
patchouli (09-03-2018)
Old 10-08-2018, 08:44 PM
Donation Award 

Hey y’all! The days are just flying by for me. Between working, volunteering, being a mom, working as a pet sitter and dog walker through rover and now I’ve just started my own pet sitting and dog walking business, I can’t believe it’s almost 2019. Phew. Keith and I are still going strong. He’s been moved a couple time in the last couple years ugh but at least in TN. Hopefully I can find out about the next meet up in time to go and actually fit it in since it would be a long drive . My pen pal, Ryan is out and living in Lexington. Would love to meet him in person. Thinking about you all!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to writingtorobert For This Useful Post:
mykygal (10-21-2018), patchouli (10-09-2018)
Old 10-21-2018, 12:57 AM

Hi everyone! Hoping all are doing well. Same stuff going on with me.

My daughter in law seems to be tolerating her chemo pretty well. Very weak and tires easily. My brother continues to hang in there. I am amazed he has made it this long. I am still trying to help with dau-in-law and brother as well as deal with my own health issues. I have been falling frequently and injured my shoulder that I have struggled with for several years. I have come to the point I have to have the replacement surgery. I will see Tuesday when they want to plan it. I have been trying to hold off until my brother passes away so we will see.

Patchouli - how is your mister doing. I know head injuries can be difficult for both the patient and the family. I always have a shoulder (the other one) for you to lean on. Call me if you need me.

Writingtorobert - Good to hear from you! Good luck with your new business. We need more people who love animals to care for them.

Sass - Still working hard as always, I am sure!

Jemison - You sound like you have a more than full plate as well. Did you get to Court Days this year? I had a family reunion near Indianapolis, IN, so didn't even try to make it!

All of us have to remember to take care of ourselves. One of my challenges that I am working on! May blessings to all of you. I hope I haven't missed anyone!!
patchouli (10-31-2018)
Old 10-31-2018, 08:47 PM
DANA'S HOME

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...Cd_FXUxE8iXp7s

Happy Halloween!
that's my trick or treater...Savanah!...she 10 now...geeze shes growing fast

yes we went to court days and found a couple xmas gifts...ol
mykygal (11-05-2018), patchouli (10-31-2018)
Old 10-31-2018, 09:39 PM
PTO Administrator

Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemison2001 View Post
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...Cd_FXUxE8iXp7s

Happy Halloween!
that's my trick or treater...Savanah!...she 10 now...geeze shes growing fast

yes we went to court days and found a couple xmas gifts...ol
Hey jemison! Dayum, you post & are gone pretty quick LOL The link gets to FB, but FB won't let me view the picture. Plus PTO is having issues and won't let you attach it.....can you copy/paste it? Pretty please How's the family? Dana, Darion, John, YOU? Did you retire?

mykygal, there are issues that may not ever improve If you met him, he may seem fine to you - except he'll probably lose his keys....or his cigarettes....or his hat, and/or has forgotten something he was supposed to bring. We looked high & low for 3 different things just this afternoon. He started some new meds a couple of weeks ago and they have made a BIG difference in the anger, frustration and anxiety He hadn't gotten dizzy for while, but did a couple of times today....comes & goes. There are still some other things that may or may not get better, but we're finally both adjusting to most of the changes, sorta, adjusting to some more than others.

sass, you still liking your part-time job? Gets you outta the house & gives you a few extra bucks. I keep thinking I'll find me something part-time, but I keep procrastinating LOL How's the trouble child?

writingtorobert, how ya doing? Your fella doing ok? You'll have to make the next G2G so I can put a face with the user name

Because both of us no longer work, we seem to have progressed to a 2nd shift schedule, sometime closer to 3rd shift than 2nd. And I hate it But I'll lay in bed and watch a few episodes of "Mom" starting about 1 - 1:30 a.m. +/- and either color or play solitaire until 3 a.m. or so Sorta hard to be awake to watch the sun come up, and that's actually my favorite time of day.

Ya'll make sure your boat has a paddle in it....may come in handy later Stay Safe!

patchouli, PTO Admin

mykygal (11-05-2018)
Old 11-05-2018, 10:21 AM

Hi Ya'll -

So glad to hear from my friends at PTO/Bluegrass Café gals! Always good to hear how you all are doing.

My brother passed 10/26/18. He surpassed what I would have ever dreamed but suffered terribly. At least he is no longer in pain and finally at peace.

My dau-in-law is hanging in there! One more chemo to go and then after the first of the year they will do another body scan to make sure nothing else has grown. Keeping my fingers crossed that nothing else pops up. They gave her a 70% chance of survival and we keep cheering her on. I refuse to let her give up.

The holidays are coming up - does anyone have anything special coming up? I am just hanging out. Shoulder surgery scheduled for 12/17 so that will put a damper on Christmas for me but I don't get into all the celebrations much anyway. Just watch the little ones open their gifts and go home. Not going to be able to drive for 6 weeks but knowing me, it won't be that long. I just want this pain gone!!

Take care everyone and if no one posts before then, have an awesome Thanksgiving and Christmas! Gobble! Gobble!
patchouli (11-06-2018)
Old 11-05-2018, 10:27 PM
Super Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Thanked 5,620 Times in 2,835 Posts

Sorry about your brother, mykygal. Praying your surgery goes well.

I went to a funeral for a dear cousin last week. It was such a shock. She was diagnosed with cancer last year and had part of a lung removed. Cancer gone. Then last month, it came back in several places. She had 2 rounds of chemo then one morning she just didn't wake up. She was only 60.

Tomorrow I'm heading out for 4 quiet (sorta lol) days with my sweet old lady friends. We'll be cooped up in a cabin at Gen. Butler State Park and will laugh, eat, drink lots of coffee and solve all of the world's problems. It is really very relaxing and refreshing at the same time. Much needed break for all of us at this time. Yes, me taking time off both jobs and taking time for myself. Pretty unimaginable, huh?!?
Old 11-10-2018, 02:45 AM
Donation Award 

Mykygal- hugs to you and your family. It is bitter sweet when a loved one that was suffering passes. We miss them so much but we know the pain has stopped. The is what I had to keep in mind when my stepfather passed. He was in so much pain.

Patchouli- I came to one of the gtg about 2 or 3 years ago.

My man was moved to another prison a couple weeks ago. It’s farther away but it’s a state run prison, he was at a private one before and those are the worst! I’m super busy with work, animal activities and being a mom. I’m looking into going back to school part time. I want to learn Spanish. At my job we have Spanish speaking customers and it would be nice to talk to them myself instead of transferring them to the Spanish speaker we have. My daughter’s father may be coming back into the picture which is crazy cause we haven’t seen him in many years. But she wanted me to try to find him and I did. He’s in Vermont. If it works out I may plan a trip up there so she can meet him.
The Following User Says Thank You to writingtorobert For This Useful Post:
patchouli (11-10-2018)
Old 11-10-2018, 09:22 PM
PTO Administrator

Donation Award 

writingtorobert, You're right! It took me a minute to remember, but remember I do In that case, we'll have to meet up, again!

mykygal, I'm terribly sorry about your brother My condolences

sass, how was your mini-vacation? I hope you came back relaxed and renewed

patchouli, PTO Admin