Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > BREAK TIME > Cooking & Recipes
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2018, 11:13 AM

Thanked 5,946 Times in 3,102 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewalker View Post
Yep. I usually put it on the stove and turn it on for a couple min.
totally awesome!
I take vegg oil and wipe inside then store in a plastic bag. I never have a problem anymore with these. I use grocery bags for all kinds of storage for rarely used kitchen appliances. Keeps them clean and dog hair free!!! I had to change my travel plans from today till I don't know. I'm about exhausted I'had everything done and ready to go and now I have to change everything. I am hoping I don't have to pay a fortune in penalties for changing stuff. Plus I had already cancelled two doctor appointments so I could get my meds ahead of time. I'll tell you I thought dealing with prison crap was hard, medical stuff is killing me I get drug tested and because of the diabetes my tests come out funky it's been like this all along. Now it's being made out like I'm some kind of JUNKIE!!! I had no idea this was ever going to be a problem or I would have just dealt with a pain clinic not a regular doctors office as it is I see a shit load of different doctors I guess I am getting another doctor again!!! Now I cleaned out fridge and have to eat for the next few day!!! Never fails everything that can go wrong does!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to xolady For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (11-08-2018)
Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2018, 06:46 AM

OMG yesterday was the day from hell!!! I am watching the kid again until I leave for NY he was great but we were at my house and I took him to Dollar General to pick out snacks and we got Leggo Air Ship. I now know everything there is to know about Leggo's I had no clue I was so ignorant that a 6 year old didn't think I was ready to play with them!!!LOL He told me maybe next time he'd let me try with his old ones!!! (not the new one I just bought)!!! I felt privileged to even be allowed to pick up the pieces!!! I can only say this here but OMG what the hell do kids really think adults are that stupid??? I am making him keep the stuff I buy here so I have toys for him. All else fails I have netflix and he loves his certain movies Scooby Doo seems to be his favorite right now. Snacks were Reeses white chocolate and V-8 splash, orange pinapple. Today I am going to buy coloring books and crayons. I can't keep buying the leggo stuff costs way to much for a bunch of plastic junk. I guess I'm getting practice for dealing with small kids they aren't that hard in small doses. I can't handle two at that age to dirty and too loud. I think we are going to make oatmeal cookies and have slidders, fries & apples for dinner!!! I am going to attempt to make homemade chicken nuggets tomorrow. I want to try to make corn nuggets(fritters) but he barely eats so I'm not going to go crazy to get 2 tbs of veggies in this kid!!! But my nieces kids are really picky worse then this kid so it's good practice for me.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xolady For This Useful Post:
MizzyMuffling (11-08-2018), sidewalker (11-08-2018)
Old 11-08-2018, 08:37 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 28,511 Times in 14,373 Posts

lmao!!!
him telling you you could play with his old ones............hahahaha, tricky little fella. You see what he did there, right?

Last month I got to bb sit my grandson. He's two (almost 2 1/2) and just started really talking instead of a few words here and there.
His mom and other gma went to a wedding.
So we are hanging out, outside. He goes and sits down on this log. Says ......they at the wedding.
I say, yes they are at the wedding. Its ok.

He then says.....(while waving his arms) I cant see em. (while shaking his head back and forth)
I dont know why but it was just so cute. I was super happy I got it on my phone.

That's my dog's nose art

The Following User Says Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
xolady (11-08-2018)
Old 11-08-2018, 09:05 AM

Oh I totally got that he thinks that some how I'd ruin his new Leggo's!!! LOL In a 1000 years they will dig and find leggo's and wonder what kind of lives we lived that we had to build our own toys!!! Ps the Empanadas turned out great!! I now have my new go to recipe for left over beef, chicken, or pork. So simple and excellent way to use up left overs. I just wish they sold the shells here Goya makes them but I have to drive so far to purchase them. So the dough is a pain in the butt!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to xolady For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (11-08-2018)
Old 11-08-2018, 09:21 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 28,511 Times in 14,373 Posts

I did a meatloaf last night with sweet potatoes (baked) and a salad.
Tonight I think its gonna be beef stew but who knows with me.

I still find legos in odd places around here. The other night when gson came by to trick or treat......I pulled out the old Thomas the Tank trains my youngest was crazy over. His mom was amazed I remembered all their names. lol.
(james the red engine was my son's fav......)

That's my dog's nose art

The Following User Says Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
choclgs (11-10-2018)
Old 11-08-2018, 11:44 AM
Полезный дурак

Xolady, I want to send my best wishes to your relatives during this time. They are lucky to have you as a caregiver.

I went to the doctor and got put on a diet. I am not large at all but I put on 3 kg in 1 mo. Emotional eating of baking and pasta are the blames.

I got scolded how tx patients usually put on a lot of weight post - tx. That is cause our diets were so restrictive before that we kind of go crazy after. Steroids make people hungry and a bitch at the same time . . . No wonder I emotional eat !!! No wonder my husband second guesses ringing !!

They want me to get weighed again before I leave on vacation ... 2 wks then to lose those kgs. No idea what to eat now.

Last night I had 50 cals of broth, half a carrot & a whole green pepper !! Where is the protein & calcium I need ??? Going off to cry now ... and then eat a cookie ...