Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arizona Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Discussions Topics / Information relating to the Arizona Department of Corrections and local & county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 06-22-2018, 09:43 PM

Default Visiting two inmates in Arizona? Update: can I still apply during LOP?

Hey guys, Iím new here. This website is kinda confusing. Anyway, so my man just got sentenced to prison on June 12th he left Durango on Monday night the 18th. Heís still in Alhambra being classified. I finally got his DOC# but hereís the thing, my bro is locked up in Lewis and I am on his visition/phone list.. I heard you canít visit or get calls from more than 1 inmate. Iím nervous I need to talk with my man and see him as well. Am I really only allowed one inmate? Also I sent 2 letters to my man in Alhambra, can be write me back while heís in there?
Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2018, 12:07 AM

Im pretty sure its within the same unit. But i wiuld call and ask. If theyre in 2 seperate prisons i dont see it being a problem. But there are more people here with way more knowledge than me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariahg7 View Post
Hey guys, Iím new here. This website is kinda confusing. Anyway, so my man just got sentenced to prison on June 12th he left Durango on Monday night the 18th. Heís still in Alhambra being classified. I finally got his DOC# but hereís the thing, my bro is locked up in Lewis and I am on his visition/phone list.. I heard you canít visit or get calls from more than 1 inmate. Iím nervous I need to talk with my man and see him as well. Am I really only allowed one inmate? Also I sent 2 letters to my man in Alhambra, can be write me back while heís in there?
Old 06-23-2018, 04:06 AM
Midnight Sun Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 3,542 Times in 1,599 Posts

If you check the Inmate Visitation Dept Order 911 for AZ Department of Corrections, and specifically 1.3.11, it says:

Visitors shall be permitted visitation with only one inmate, unless the person is an immediate family member to other inmates incarcerated in the Departmentís institutions. The person may be approved and placed on the approved Visitation List of each inmate verified as an immediate family member.
A visitor applying to visit multiple immediate family members shall only be required to pay one background check fee. If a visitor is already approved to visit one immediate family member, the Administrator may run an ACIC/NCIC background to determine continuation as an approved visitor

The Following User Says Thank You to Sarianna For This Useful Post:
xolady (06-23-2018)
Old 06-23-2018, 02:19 PM
Heathen Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 3,979 Times in 1,742 Posts

Are you married to your man? Unless you are married you won't have any luck getting on both visiting lists. If you are married then both are considered immediate relatives and though it may take a bit longer and a few letters to wardens you'll be able to visit both.
Sarianna (06-24-2018)
Old 06-24-2018, 12:52 AM

No we arenít married. I canít be taken off my bros visition list either. Heís doing by far many more years than my man. But can I at least put in for phone application using my same number as the phone I have set up for my bro? Or will I have to get a new number and use a different name and address?
Old 06-25-2018, 09:53 AM
Heathen Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Quote:
No we arenít married. I canít be taken off my bros visition list either. Heís doing by far many more years than my man. But can I at least put in for phone application using my same number as the phone I have set up for my bro? Or will I have to get a new number and use a different name and address?
No, you can't. If you try to trick the system and get caught you won't be able to talk to your man or your brother. The phone application and the visit application are one in the same. You can only be on one inmates call/visit list. It doesn't matter if it's just visits or just calls.

I wouldn't suggest trying to apply in someone else's name. For a number of reasons, but mostly just because I can't condone trying to cheat the system. Taking unnecessary risks is what put most of our loved ones in prison to begin with. Why take more unnecessary risks to make that time harder? Maybe if you're close to his mom or a sibling who's on his approved list you can arrange to be with them when he calls and you can say hi.

Otherwise, lots of letter writing to pass the time.
mg81 (11-08-2018), Sarianna (06-25-2018)
Old 06-26-2018, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fridyrr.Likn View Post
No, you can't. If you try to trick the system and get caught you won't be able to talk to your man or your brother. The phone application and the visit application are one in the same. You can only be on one inmates call/visit list. It doesn't matter if it's just visits or just calls.

I wouldn't suggest trying to apply in someone else's name. For a number of reasons, but mostly just because I can't condone trying to cheat the system. Taking unnecessary risks is what put most of our loved ones in prison to begin with. Why take more unnecessary risks to make that time harder? Maybe if you're close to his mom or a sibling who's on his approved list you can arrange to be with them when he calls and you can say hi.

Otherwise, lots of letter writing to pass the time.

Thanks for your help. Yeah I need to talk with him. Letters isnít enough Iíll have his mom and sisters apply. Sucks because we all donít live together anymore. Anyways I have another question for you love. So I just recently checked the doc page to look up my mans ADC info. It shows heís still in Alhambra itís been a week but that was already to my understanding. I wrote him 2 letters and he hasnít sent anything, from what I was reading and hearing is that they receive stamps,envelopes, paper etc. is that true? & one more question while I am already writing on this thread. Also when I look up his info on DOC I see his FELONY CLASS LEVEL IS 3 but his CUSTODY LEVEL IS 2/2. Does this mean he will placed on a minimum security yard once he gets to prison?
Old 06-26-2018, 08:51 AM
Heathen Moderator

PTO Moderator 

I don't believe inmates in Alhambra are routinely given stationary and stamps but they CAN request it. Mail at processing can take a long time. There's a ton of people there and the movement is constant in and out. I got mail from when my ex was at Alhambra, but he was to the yard by the time I received it.

You really can't rely on the inmate locator for correct information, especially in the beginning. Even when you know what he's classified as, that doesn't mean he'll be on a low custody yard. Overrides are a daily thing. Also, the custody classification is frequently wrong. My ex is a 3/3....but on the locator it often says 5/5 or 5/4 and he's been down 3 years....this time.

Your man should be moved soon and then you'll know for sure what custody yard he was placed on.
Sarianna (06-26-2018)
Old 06-27-2018, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fridyrr.Likn View Post
I don't believe inmates in Alhambra are routinely given stationary and stamps but they CAN request it. Mail at processing can take a long time. There's a ton of people there and the movement is constant in and out. I got mail from when my ex was at Alhambra, but he was to the yard by the time I received it.

You really can't rely on the inmate locator for correct information, especially in the beginning. Even when you know what he's classified as, that doesn't mean he'll be on a low custody yard. Overrides are a daily thing. Also, the custody classification is frequently wrong. My ex is a 3/3....but on the locator it often says 5/5 or 5/4 and he's been down 3 years....this time.

Your man should be moved soon and then you'll know for sure what custody yard he was placed on.

I finally talked to him yesterday. Someone let him have 2 mins to talk to me. He is in Tucson Whetstone unit. He said he is going to see if he can start working today. I only put $20 on his books. How much is a good amount to put so he can get shoes, stamps paper envelopes and hygiene? We always put $100 for my brother but Iím not sure in the beginning and heís been down for 6 years plus he makes money in there. So I know $20 isnít enough. Also do you know anything about whetstone unit?
The Following User Says Thank You to Mariahg7 For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (06-27-2018)
Old 06-27-2018, 05:18 PM
Heathen Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Quote:
I finally talked to him yesterday. Someone let him have 2 mins to talk to me. He is in Tucson Whetstone unit. He said he is going to see if he can start working today. I only put $20 on his books. How much is a good amount to put so he can get shoes, stamps paper envelopes and hygiene? We always put $100 for my brother but Iím not sure in the beginning and heís been down for 6 years plus he makes money in there. So I know $20 isnít enough. Also do you know anything about whetstone unit?
I don't personally know any about that unit but I've heard good things. $300 or $400 is what I find "normal" in the beginning. After that $100 a month should be more than enough. The vast majority of inmates get by on far far less.
Old 08-29-2018, 05:50 PM

Hey I’m back on this topic. So I’m going to talk to my bro about me getting taken off his 20 visitation list because I need to see my man. Am I allowed to do this and how do I go about this? Also how long will it take??
Old 08-30-2018, 09:56 AM
Heathen Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Quote:
Hey Iím back on this topic. So Iím going to talk to my bro about me getting taken off his 20 visitation list because I need to see my man. Am I allowed to do this and how do I go about this? Also how long will it take??
You can ask him to take you off his list or you can send a notarized letter to the prison requesting the removal. Your brother won't be able to call you after the removal either.

You will not be able to apply to see your man for 90 days after you are removed from your brother's list.

Quote:
Visitation List Changes
1.7.1 An inmate may request the addition or deletion of approved persons to the Visitation List by submitting a Request to Change Visitation/Telephone Listing, Form 911-3 and the Visitation List, Form 911-1, to visitation staff.
1.7.1.1 After authorized changes have been entered in AIMS by staff, a
copy of the Visitation List shall be provided to the inmate in a timely manner. Changes may be made once every 90 calendar days to the current Visitation List.
1.7.2 Changes to an approved visitorís address, telephone number, and/or name must be submitted in writing or electronically by the visitor.
1.7.3 After an approved person has been entered on an inmateís visitation list, the person shall not be removed by the inmate for a minimum period of 90 calendar days.
1.7.4 A person seeking voluntary removal from an inmate's Visitation List shall submit a notarized request for removal. All voluntary removals shall remain in effect for a minimum of 90 calendar days. The person who was removed shall not be placed on any inmate's visitation list during this period.
1.7.5 All persons under visitation suspension shall require written approval for reinstatement as described in the initial application process.
Sarianna (08-30-2018)
Old 08-30-2018, 12:59 PM

Ok thank you. Who do I send it too? My brother is in Lewis do I send it to he warden of Lewis how do I get her address? Also after I wait 90 days to put in for a app to see my man do I still have to wait 60 more days to get approved like background check all over again? Or am I already in the system??
Old 08-30-2018, 02:00 PM
Heathen Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Quote:
Ok thank you. Who do I send it too? My brother is in Lewis do I send it to he warden of Lewis how do I get her address? Also after I wait 90 days to put in for a app to see my man do I still have to wait 60 more days to get approved like background check all over again? Or am I already in the system??
Send it to visitation at whatever unit he's at. I believe you will have to put in a new application and wait, but I guess that will depend on the yard and visitation officer. You can call visitation where your man is and ask. I don't know if you'll need a new background check fee. Will likely depend on how long ago your last one was.
Old 09-02-2018, 05:59 PM
here

Do NOT put in a new application for visitation until you are certain you are off your brother's list, and that it's been 60 days since removal. Or you will be automatically denied.

We had this issue with my niece who was on my husbands list, but switched when she had a friend incarnated. Despite being told that she was fine to apply as soon as she was officially of my husband's list And verifying that she was before she applied) she was denied and the put on the 90 day hold because of it. She ended up having to write the warden an appeal to get it all straightened out.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sylph For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (09-04-2018)
Old 09-17-2018, 12:28 PM

My brother is in prison and he gets out in December how long would I have to wait to be able to apply to be put on my fiancťs visitation list?
Old 09-17-2018, 03:40 PM
Heathen Moderator

PTO Moderator 

6 months I believe.
Sarianna (09-18-2018)
Old 11-07-2018, 02:03 PM

Hi, my LO is on LOP (loss of privileges) for 45 days. I haven’t applied for phone calls/visits yet because I just got removed off my brother’s inmate list and had to wait 90 days. My question is if I apply for visits when he is on LOP will I get denied??
Old 11-07-2018, 02:28 PM

No you won’t get denied just because he is on LOP. My LO lost his privileges shortly after i applied and i was still approved. Though he couldn’t call me until he got his calls back a couple months later.
Old 11-08-2018, 01:38 PM

Is your LO in Arizona dept of corrections?
Old 11-08-2018, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Is your LO in Arizona dept of corrections?
Yes he is.