Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CONNECTICUT > Connecticut Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Connecticut Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Connecticut Department of Corrections and local & county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 12-07-2013, 08:02 PM

Default Need Advice / My visits were denied

Hi,
My name is Val, my husband is Tony and started his 9 month sentence on 12-02. He is currently in NHCC and my visits were denied due to a past criminsl history, the C O at the front desk says I need to write the warden and I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this and can maybe advise me, I would really appreciate it, missing my hubby badly, thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2013, 08:09 PM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Donation Award 

Thanked 27,456 Times in 10,025 Posts

Many are denied for similar reasons, all over the country. Write the most sincere and truthful letter you can manage, and have a couple of people read it over. Explain how that part of your life is over, you've started x, y, or z to get better, whatever you can muster.
InsomniaCT (12-07-2013), patchouli (12-07-2013)
Old 12-07-2013, 11:47 PM

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Superstar of the Year 

Donation Award 

Thanked 3,922 Times in 1,592 Posts

I'm sorry you're dealing with this! If it has been a little while since your conviction, discuss that there has been a period of X years where you haven't been in any trouble, you are legally married and he and you will remain married with him returning home--visits will facilitate his return by encouraging the relationship. You are invested in his success and positive rehabilitation (just as you have done).

In some ways, because he has a short sentence, your visiting is even more important as you are key to his release. If the two of you are unable to see one another it will only add to the stress of release. They tend to look more favorably upon marriage as opposed to non-legal relationships, so stressing this would likely help.

Nimuay's advice is on the money. Don't write a BS letter. Be as honest, sincere and real as possible--while being professional and polite. I would make it clear that you face the consequences of your actions every day, through employment and housing opportunities and now can determine whether you are allowed to see your husband...and you will do everything that you can to see that he maximizes his stay through programs and positive behaviors.

Definitely have some people read it before sending it in. You are FAR from being alone! Good luck!

So...What's your point?

The Following User Says Thank You to InsomniaCT For This Useful Post:
sarbear831 (12-08-2013)
Old 01-26-2014, 07:03 AM
Donation Award 

My DIL was denied visits. She wrote a very sincere letter to the deputy warden. It took awhile and I followed up w/ the institution but lo and behold she got visiting! I made sure I sent a thank you note to the gal that helped us there.
Old 01-26-2014, 07:47 AM

My guy's cellie's mom was denied but she got a letter from her PO and wrote a letter to the warden and then she got approved