Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CONNECTICUT > Connecticut Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Connecticut Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Connecticut Department of Corrections and local & county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 12-17-2014, 07:40 PM

Default How Long Does it take Prisoners to get mail?

My boyfriend just got sent to the New Haven County Corrections facility. I was curious how long does it generally take for someone to get a letter in the mail? I haven't been able to talk to him in a week and I want to make sure he gets this soon so he stays positive while he is stuck there.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2014, 10:35 PM
Simply Me!

If you are in the same city, two to three days....If not, Usually a week, keep in mind he may get transferred out or within the facility, which could delay mail delivery to him.

Hope it works out soon!
Old 12-20-2014, 11:53 PM

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Superstar of the Year 

Donation Award 

Thanked 3,922 Times in 1,592 Posts

In my experience, it takes forever...but that is in prison and not jail.

If I were to mail a letter today, the prison would most likely receive it tomorrow. It has often been 2 weeks before he receives it. The same is true for the mail that he sends me. In his case all letters are read and copied, which of course takes time. I have noticed that when we discuss the length of time in our letters, things improve, even still it takes a week.

I hope you hear from him soon!

Welcome, both of you, to PTO!! I'm sorry this site is something that you both need--but so glad that you found us and joined! If you need any help navigating, feel free to PM me and I will help where I can!

So...What's your point?

The Following User Says Thank You to InsomniaCT For This Useful Post:
SimplyShe (12-21-2014)
Old 12-21-2014, 06:42 PM

Default Got my first letter

I got my first letter yesterday. It was sent out on Tuesday and didn't get to my house until Saturday (which is literally 5 minutes from the jail). I'm hoping he doesn't have to wait to long to get the letter and Christmas card I sent him. I was a bit concerned when I didn't hear from him, but apparently he is on 24-7 lockdown and cannot make phone calls or have any visitors. I can tell this is going to be really hard to get through.
Old 12-22-2014, 06:36 AM
Simply Me!

Congrats @TCC2014 ! .. I hope your SO gets their holiday mail as well! Lockdowns leave me in a state of worry, I so get it! I hope it all works out for you!