Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Carswell Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Carswell Federal Prisons Topics & Discussions relating to Carswell Federal Prison Camp and Carswell Federal Medical Center located on the Carswell Air Force Base at Fort Worth, Texas.

Old 08-11-2015, 03:49 PM

Default Self Surrender to Carswell Camp

So i just got a call from my attorney who told me that Im going to Carswell Camp for 12 months one day which with good time it comes down to 10 months. I've heard that with Halfway House time i could be out before then? Anyone that can give me advice please do.... I'm really stressed, sad & nervous. I turn myself in within the next month.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2015, 04:36 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 17,194 Times in 10,379 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk and to the federal forums. You will earn 47 days of good time off of your sentence. If you had been sentenced to one year instead, you would have earned zero good time. Your unit team, counselor, case manager, camp manager, can tell you how much, if any, half way house time they will recommend for you.

Here is a link to the 36 page sticky "Women's federal prison camps" with much information on what to expect. Minimum security camps are definitely the best situation in federal prisons.
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/sho...=50568&page=36

and a link to the bop web page for Carswell medical center and camp with the inmate rules (A&O Handbook) and visitor's rules too.
http://www.bop.gov/locations/institutions/crw/
Old 08-15-2015, 04:36 PM

I posted on the other question you asked. Carswell is where the hospital is,more laid back I think. Not as many programs. .. they probably put you there because you're short time.
Bryan has way more activities, education etc.
Either way, it's just a bump in the rd. Trust me!
The Following User Says Thank You to luvmyjack For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (08-16-2015)