Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Carswell Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Carswell Federal Prisons Topics & Discussions relating to Carswell Federal Prison Camp and Carswell Federal Medical Center located on the Carswell Air Force Base at Fort Worth, Texas.

Old 02-23-2016, 04:40 PM

Default New to the site, mother is in Carswell

My name is Michael, I am the oldest child of three and we all have children of our own. My mother has recently self surrendered to Carswell FMC, and the whole adapting to having a loved one in prison is surreal and tough. I have had to step up and keep my family sane during this and have the obligation to help comfort my step father and siblings. My mother suggested this site to me, as it was a resource that she has used to help give her insight on what she was getting ready to experience, as well as given her the opportunity to meet individuals that have loved ones in the same facility she is now in. Because this is new, I do have a few questions like how do I know if she has been placed on the Camp side, or if she is in the medical side? Im anxious to meet people who have or are going through the same thing as myself, and appreciate all of the advise, and comments. Thank you
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2016, 09:54 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 29,317 Times in 13,655 Posts

I can't answer your questions, but do want to welcome you to PTO I hope your Mom is adjusting and doing well. Be sure to take time for YOU, don't let yourself become overwhelmed. I hope your Mom's journey is a safe and speedy one, for all of you.
Old 02-24-2016, 03:26 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 17,194 Times in 10,379 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk. Your Mom will have to tell you which prison she is in. If she was sent there because of a medical condition, she is probably in the federal medical center, FMC. The bop web page shows over 1000 inmates there, versus 300 in the camp.
Old 02-25-2016, 09:01 PM
Concerned Husband

My wife arrived a few months ago on the FMC side, but not the camp. I've visited her a few times so I know some recent information.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dewey89 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (02-26-2016)
Old 10-09-2017, 02:06 AM

Wink My mom is a new inmate as well and I'm falling apart

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmith8347 View Post
My name is Michael, I am the oldest child of three and we all have children of our own. My mother has recently self surrendered to Carswell FMC, and the whole adapting to having a loved one in prison is surreal and tough. I have had to step up and keep my family sane during this and have the obligation to help comfort my step father and siblings. My mother suggested this site to me, as it was a resource that she has used to help give her insight on what she was getting ready to experience, as well as given her the opportunity to meet individuals that have loved ones in the same facility she is now in. Because this is new, I do have a few questions like how do I know if she has been placed on the Camp side, or if she is in the medical side? Im anxious to meet people who have or are going through the same thing as myself, and appreciate all of the advise, and comments. Thank you
hi my mom is also there
The Following User Says Thank You to Moonshine79 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (10-09-2017)