Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Parole, Probation & Release All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in California should be posted here.

Old 10-08-2017, 07:41 PM

Default What was yours or your loved ones parole requirements

Mine were I could not associate with an active felon on parole or probation but was allowed to associate with family members at a family setting. My parole officer did not put a restriction that i was not allowed to associate with EX-CON's who had already been discharged from parole or probation. Being told this isn't really true that you cannot associate with ex-cons, inactive felons. So just getting others past experiences on this as well all know every parole officer is different and every situation is different.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Demlo441 For This Useful Post:
ilovemysqueezy (10-09-2017), missingdee (10-12-2017), Patrickj (10-12-2017)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2017, 11:51 AM
She's Home! Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 3,656 Times in 1,563 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demlo441 View Post
Mine were I could not associate with an active felon on parole or probation but was allowed to associate with family members at a family setting. My parole officer did not put a restriction that i was not allowed to associate with EX-CON's who had already been discharged from parole or probation. Being told this isn't really true that you cannot associate with ex-cons, inactive felons. So just getting others past experiences on this as well all know every parole officer is different and every situation is different.
Hey Demlo, excellent question.

As you know of course, each parolee has different conditions. Some are logical. Some are not so much.

In Dee's case, she's "high control/high risk" because of one of her felonies being violent. She's also got a documented mental health condition and had drug issues while in prison, so without getting too detailed, here's sort of the highlights of her terms.

-Drug test, random, twice a month the first three months (now reduced to once a month, random. All clean.)

-Do not associate with co-defendants (not a problem, we don't know where any of them are anyway.)

-Do not participate in criminal activity (no-brainer.)

-Because she had identity theft/credit card fraud charges in her past, they do not want her holding a bank account. She is allowed an exemption for her disability benefits, but the account has to be jointly held with her payee (in this case her mother.) There is not anything at the bank put in place to prevent her from opening an account, but if they find she holds an account other than the one they know about her having with her mom, that's a violation. That restriction has not been lifted yet.

-Must meet with the parole-appointed psychiatrist once a month to comply with her mental health diagnosis. By default this means she also needs to take medications as prescribed. (Of course they have no way of checking this other than to confirm that lithium is in her blood at appropriate levels.)

-Once-monthly meetings at the parole office, once-monthly meetings in her home. The last time that she had the home meeting her parents were in Mexico so the PO actually called me on Facetime (via her phone) to talk for a few minutes and make sure everything was fine, see how often her and I speak, how often we see each other, asked if I have any concerns in regards to behaviors or mental health. Simple stuff.

The rest of her conditions I think are kind of standard for everyone, but those are the ones that stand out. They think she will be off parole "early" (she's supposed to be on supervision for 3 years, but they may let her off as soon as December...it should be a minimum 2 years but there's a technicality that may allow her off in one, but I won't get into that complexity....right now I am anticipating she's got about 15 months to go if she keeps up the good work, but maybe we'll be blessed....)

Compared to some, the terms of her parole are relatively easy. Would be curious to see what some other terms are.
The Colorblind Moderator (I'm not even going to try to use green down here, I'll embarass myself! LOL!) Currently assisting in all forums and actively monitoring Wives and Girlfriends in Prison and the California forums.

#ByeCDCR #TimesUp #HomeForChristmas
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to missingdee For This Useful Post:
Patrickj (10-12-2017), sidewalker (10-14-2017)
Old 10-12-2017, 02:10 PM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 1,509 Times in 753 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demlo441 View Post

My conditions at first were real simple Same ole same ole no guns, no drugs,
find work, stay in California. That all went to hell real fast once I got a new parole officer that didn't like where I worked ( support staff at a correctional facility) I went high risk He taunted me at my job. cuffed me and took me off my job for working where I worked.( His actions didn't set to well with custody staff where I worked. I didn't loose my job either) Always on my butt about my associates, even though there was no proof I was even associating with any of them.( Thanks to CDCR they documented me as an associate of a well known group)Basically he made may life hell until he got transferred.
Then I was given a parole officer with a short man complex for the next 6 months. I got the best of him in the end . He shows up two weeks after my discharge date at my house at 7 A.M. My mom lets him in I came out of the bedroom he started his B.S about something I just told him you will have to leave I am no longer on parole as of 4/4/02 He goes to grab me to put me in cuffs for giving him shit, I tell him again I am no longer on parole and you need to leave. After a little roll in the floor and he is pined under me I inform him I can let you up and this never happened, or I hold you here until my mom calls the unit supervisor to come and get your ass. He choose the first . In a matter of three days I had my discharge card in my hand through the mail
Never heard a word about anything that went on at my house that morning either. This is not the best way to handle situations like this. The first thing in the morning is I don't want to see is a parole officer with a attitude when I am not on parole anymore.
His attitude was the major issue here. I am not that hard to get along with if a person can act half way civil no matter who may be wrong at the time. Discussion as a mature person will usually get things settled,
sidewalker (10-13-2017)
Old 10-13-2017, 07:21 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 25,077 Times in 12,918 Posts

My hubs conditions were rather extensive as he is an RSO.
Residence restrictions, no contact with minors, presence restrictions, registration, classes, meetings
The rest were all standard stuff...no drugs, no weapons etc.

He had a hell of of time keeping an agent. In the 5 yrs of parole I think we made it to something like 18!
The last guy he'd had before (its like they were rotating them around or something) actually said to my hub......YOU are STILL on parole??????
He was released early in August this yr.

That's my dog's nose art

The Following User Says Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
Patrickj (10-13-2017)
Old 10-13-2017, 11:13 PM

Good to know how some on parole or probation are effected because its definitely not the same for two people for the same exact charges or offenses.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Demlo441 For This Useful Post:
missingdee (10-14-2017), Patrickj (10-14-2017)