Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Carswell Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Carswell Federal Prisons Topics & Discussions relating to Carswell Federal Prison Camp and Carswell Federal Medical Center located on the Carswell Air Force Base at Fort Worth, Texas.

Old 03-10-2013, 05:55 PM

Unhappy FMC Carswell - The Hole.

Hey. I just got told by my partner via email, that she maybe heading to The Hole. She didnt tell me why she might be going.

Can anyone tell me what The Hole is all about?
Is it dangerous for a woman?

Im really scared, i wont have any contact with her only via letters. I am from Australia, and her letters get to me a month+ to my mailbox.

I need help and support on this...please help me get thru this. My partner and i always email daily - now..very limited contact IF she goes to The Hole and i wouldnt know when if shes gone or not.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2013, 05:58 PM

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Winner Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Donation Award 

Thanked 2,975 Times in 1,392 Posts

The "hole" is when an inmate is segregated from everyone else. She will be in a cell by herself for 23 hours a day and let out one hour a day for exercise. Phone calls are limited - each facility is different. My husband was allowed one phone call a week for 20 minutes. They can received written mail. My husband could not email. It is not dangerous. Usually just very boring for them.

PTO Quarterly Winter Edition
Follow the Link to the newest Edition!

The Following User Says Thank You to nevaeh2morrow For This Useful Post:
chrisgirl32 (03-10-2013)
Old 03-10-2013, 06:18 PM

Hi there. Thanks for the quick reply.
It sounds awful.
Do i need to stress? LOL..
She will be ok if she goes right?
So i can send her letters, can i send her photos too?
Regarding money, whilst shes in the hole, can i send her money, will she get it so she can call me?

I just need to prepare myself for the worse..if she goes in, which i have a feeling she may have gone in..hope not.
Old 03-10-2013, 10:11 PM

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Winner Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisgirl32 View Post
Hi there. Thanks for the quick reply.
It sounds awful.
Do i need to stress? LOL..
She will be ok if she goes right?
So i can send her letters, can i send her photos too?
Regarding money, whilst shes in the hole, can i send her money, will she get it so she can call me?

I just need to prepare myself for the worse..if she goes in, which i have a feeling she may have gone in..hope not.
I know...it doesn't sound too fun and according to my husband who has spent a fair amount of time in "the hole" it sounds much worse than it really is. He says the worst of it is the boredom, no visits and way less frequent phone calls. He spent a lot of time reading, writing to me and reading my letters. I copied some word type puzzle things off the internet to give him something to do. They don't get a TV in the hole either.

I wouldn't stress if I were you but I do know how you feel. The UNKNOWN is the worst for us. We have no idea what "the hole" is and it can sound scary. Your LO will be fine. I'm sure she will look forward to your letters. Yes, you can send money and that is a good idea to get money on her books so she can order paper and stamps to write to you. When they go to the hole they don't get to bring any of their personal items with them so they have to order it through the commissary and they can only do that if there is money on their books.

I don't recall if you mentioned what Prison she is in so I can't answer the photos or money for the phone. Go to the forum that lists her facility and look for the mail, phone, visit sub forum for information on those items. Or post a question in that subforum for someone that may have experience at that particular facility!

In the meantime - take a deep breath and relax. There isn't anything we can do about it and stressing will just make you feel worse.

Rule 1. don't stress until you have something to stress about.

Rule 2. come to PTO and find out from someone that has already been through it and you will most likely find you didn't need to stress anyway!

chrisgirl32 (03-10-2013)
Old 03-10-2013, 10:18 PM

Donation Award 

LOL yep, FMC Carswell. I couldn't see what forum I was in while writing my reply post to you.

Old 03-10-2013, 10:42 PM

Hey again. Thanks for the info.
She is in FMC Carswell facility.
Shes going in The Hole. for how long, she didnt say..
Just got her last email. Sucks big time.
I guess thats why shes asking me to send her money her way for papers and stuff for letters..i will be sending her money, told her that..
The UNKNOWN is what im afraid of.
I hope i can send her photos, there are a couple of important photos i need to send to her. Ill try and look for the forum..i am new to this..
To be honest i feel sick about her going in the hole, but youre right, there is nothing we can do.

Take deep breathes...ill just keep playing the bob marley song - 3 little birds.. everything is gonna be alright, dont worry...cuz everything gonna be alright... Its our song!

Once again thanks. ((hugs))..truelly does mean alot to me.
The Following User Says Thank You to chrisgirl32 For This Useful Post:
nevaeh2morrow (03-10-2013)
Old 03-10-2013, 10:52 PM

Donation Award 

Please keep us updated! You may find additional information here

Last edited by nevaeh2morrow; 03-10-2013 at 11:00 PM..
chrisgirl32 (03-11-2013)
Old 03-11-2013, 12:47 AM

Default Hole

I used to be at Carswell and actually did 5 weeks in the "shu". Seclusion housing unit. That's what inmates there actually call it. There is no point in sending money because you can not get commissary while in the shu. You can't send pictures, only letters. They basically strip you of everything. All previous luxuries are gone. I had up to 2 other people with me in my cell while I was there. However,y journey I'm sure will be different than hers because I was in the mental health shu. We didn't get the one hour out a day. We went outside one time during the five weeks I was there. I heard that the regular shu does actually go out once a day or atleast they try to do it that often. They would wheel a phone over to our cells for phone calls. We were only allowed to make phone calls once a week for 15 min. The only time we were allowed out of our cells was to shower and that was about 3 times a week. No shower on weekends. We had to give u our clothes and put on a green one piece jumpsuit with orange slipper/sandals. We could have our radios and they did have a few books to read. Hope this helps and gives you a better understanding. The shu changed me for the better. It was hard time but it refined me. I hit my knees and found God in a way that i never knew Him before. He is the reason i am home and no longer in a cell. I hope it does the same for her.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mu5grave For This Useful Post:
chrisgirl32 (03-11-2013), nevaeh2morrow (03-11-2013)
Old 03-11-2013, 02:57 PM

hey Mu5grave...thanks for that info. yeah shes called it "the hole". Ive actually heard from her just now via email so i am all smiles..she has to go to prison court which is soon and she will know more on how long shes gotta stay in the hole for..so only letters no photos? damn..shes gonna hate me now. (not really but will be disapoointed). i hope shes not in there long..and i better send her funds quick as then..im glad you are ok and finding life more positive now..((hugs))..
Old 03-11-2013, 02:58 PM

nevaeh2morrow

will do..ill be back..((hugs))
The Following User Says Thank You to chrisgirl32 For This Useful Post:
nevaeh2morrow (03-11-2013)
Old 03-11-2013, 08:51 PM

hello. well i cant be on here anymore..i cant seek support and advice..so ill just go back in my corner and suffer..thanks to someone who knows my partner decided to have a word to her..so i wont be contacting u anymore. i dont want any crap started so im ending it here now.
thanks to those who have given me advice and some kind of support in a very short time.
You know i get it that its hard for someone to be locked up and u dont have freedom and all that...but you know it is hard for us partners, loved ones and friends on the outside, we do suffer too in some sort of way. thats why some of us like myself come on these sites to seek out support and advice. but in my case, pfft..i cant do that bcs i gotta watch what i say..

Again thank you. hugs to all thats given me advice/support. (teary)