Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Carswell Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Carswell Federal Prisons Topics & Discussions relating to Carswell Federal Prison Camp and Carswell Federal Medical Center located on the Carswell Air Force Base at Fort Worth, Texas.

Old 08-12-2013, 11:16 PM
Self surrender soon

Default Final Thoughts as I Head In

I'm self surrendering in a week. I've done a lot of preparation and just have a few remaining questions:

I've told friends about what can (letters, books from publishers, magazine subscriptions, cards) cannot (most everything else) be mailed to me. Can anyone share some creative things that people can send me via mail to Carswell?

I am carrying in with me my medical records, education transcripts, medication bottles, and list of contacts. Is there anything else I should be sure to bring?

My friend is driving me to Carswell, what will my self surrender look like? Should we hug goodbye before we drive up?

What is R&D like at Carswell? Are we put in different uniforms and do we stay separate from the rest of the inmates?

Thank you!!!

Read my blog about preparing to self-surrender:
Dragonflyhazel.blogspot.com

I am also a gratefully, recovering, compulsive gambler
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2013, 11:57 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 29,291 Times in 13,642 Posts

Have a safe and speedy journey...and be sure to let us know when you are HOME! If you haven't done so, please take lots of pictures of yourself with your friends and family members. They can be sent to you later

I can't answer your specific questions, but do want to let you know that I'm sending positive energy to you and your family. Take Care & Keep Faith,
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
Dragonfly Hazel (08-13-2013), Troys_Rosa (08-20-2013)
Old 08-13-2013, 12:07 AM
Peaceful
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,081 Times in 567 Posts

I can't answer any of your questions, I just wanted to wish you well and offer my good thoughts. Know that this part of your journey will not be forever and you will come home. We will look forward to your return to PTO.

Take care and try and remain as well as you can in prison.
May she rest in peace.

~ PTO Administrators and Staff

The Following User Says Thank You to babygirl350 For This Useful Post:
Dragonfly Hazel (08-13-2013)
Old 08-13-2013, 06:09 AM
Self surrender soon

Thanks for the good wishes. I keep reminding myself that my life in prison is only temporary and to take it a day at a time and I know I'll be alright. I hope someone may be able to assist me with the earlier questions.

Read my blog about preparing to self-surrender:
Dragonflyhazel.blogspot.com

I am also a gratefully, recovering, compulsive gambler
The Following User Says Thank You to Dragonfly Hazel For This Useful Post:
patchouli (08-13-2013)
Old 08-13-2013, 07:38 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfly Hazel View Post
Thanks for the good wishes. I keep reminding myself that my life in prison is only temporary and to take it a day at a time and I know I'll be alright. I hope someone may be able to assist me with the earlier questions.
Your friends/family can search the internet for interesting stories, riddles, jokes. If you like sudoku there are sites where you can easily print the puzzle on one side and the answer on another. Someone suggested origami as something that can be mind challenging and yet done with simple and cheap components. Some of the available riddles are mind binders.

If you follow certain TV shows, the episode summaries are online and can be sent to you as they happen. Whatever you would look up for yourself...those are the things that will continue to interest you. New things will become of interest to you also. I have researched and sent items on a low GI diet, a particular disease and ways to treat it without medication, lists of books from a newly loved author.

Playing cards seems to be a frequent activity because they are available at the commissary. Sometimes it's nice to get a book on strategy or have someone look up a new game and send you the rules.

If you want to learn a new language...have someone send you basic vocabulary so you can begin to internalize the information. As you get closer to release, you may have new plans that could benefit from some information.

You didn't mention your money but be sure and fund your account before you go.
The Following User Says Thank You to Texasmom123 For This Useful Post:
Dragonfly Hazel (08-13-2013)