Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to the Federal Prison & the Criminal Justice System that do not fit into any other Federal sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 02-08-2020, 04:08 AM

Default Getting your Paperwork/Docketsheet checked

How important is having a docket sheet sent in to USP or medium prison? I know they check to see charges and if you cooperated. How would they know if you cooperated if your psi and docket sheet has no statement on it about your case? And police reports are what have statements. But they only want docket sheet and psi Im confused
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2020, 04:51 AM
Site Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 23,299 Times in 13,386 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk. bop prisoners are forbidden from having copies of their presentence investigation reports, and can receive a conduct violation for having them. Since it would probably have to arrive in the mail, and be subject to mail room investigations, it is usually possible to get by by saying "I don't have papers".

I passed through some US Penitentiaries, and spent the majority of my sentence in Medium security FCI's and was never hassled for my "papers". The higher the security level of the prison (and especially in some of the notoriously dangerous ones), the more likely it is to happen. The inmates who I observed being pressured/confronted for their criminal histories were usually trying to join an existing group, gang/"car"/whatever .
Old 02-08-2020, 08:00 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,136 Times in 1,423 Posts

In addition to fbopnomore's comments, the PSI is always available in the inmates file, but not allowed in their cell. The docket sheet does carry the Sentence Computation, fines, etc. The docket itself is just dates and item descriptions. Anything relevant to the case would need to be downloaded. And with cooperation, there is very little online, if anything. Now that all plea agreements are restricted to the parties, it's almost impossible to know if a person cooperated. And the departures are no longer written on the docket sheet either, but a separate form turned into the USSC.

You can DL the docket sheet for free after you join PACER. That's assuming you aren't doing anything major, you can get up to $30 free and that would be a lot of research.

I'm wondering who the docket sheet is important to. Your loved one needs to learn how to avoid being bullied by anyone and that would start at refusing to get his docket sheet (which may be sent in as legal mail, which is probably the only way it gets to him.)
The Following User Says Thank You to bellisq For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (02-08-2020)