Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > COLORADO > Colorado General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Colorado General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Colorado that do not fit into any other Colorado sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 11-13-2019, 09:36 PM

Question The inmate's photo in the Offender Search for Colorado's DOC

After seeing the inmate photo of my MWI from the Colorado DOC Offender Search, my question is does anyone know how recent is that current photo there? I think I read somewhere in PTO that the inmate photos in the Offender Search are taken yearly on their birthdays. Is this fact? I'm just trying to get a handle on how recent that photo actually is.

Last edited by For My Baby; 11-13-2019 at 09:39 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2019, 09:47 PM

I don’t know the answer to that but I can say that with my mwi all of his booking photos and Doc photos looked terrible!! So much better in person
The Following User Says Thank You to Kimimi For This Useful Post:
For My Baby (11-13-2019)
Old 11-13-2019, 09:58 PM
PTO Administrator
Donation Award 

Thanked 36,488 Times in 16,824 Posts

I'm not sure if offenders pictures are taken on their birthday every year (I doubt it, DOC isn't that organized), but I do know new pics are taken every time an inmate transfers, or if there is a significant change in appearance. Other than that, I believe they are taken periodically, but not annually. If I'm wrong, someone will correct me

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
For My Baby (11-14-2019)
Old 11-13-2019, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchouli View Post
I'm not sure if offenders pictures are taken on their birthday every year (I doubt it, DOC isn't that organized), but I do know new pics are taken every time an inmate transfers, or if there is a significant change in appearance. Other than that, I believe they are taken periodically, but not annually. If I'm wrong, someone will correct me
You're correct. Typically new pics are only taken when the offender transfers facilities or is getting ready to be paroled or moved to a HWH. My husband has been at his current facility for almost 3 years and has had one picture update.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nancyginnm For This Useful Post:
For My Baby (11-20-2019), patchouli (11-14-2019)
Old 11-14-2019, 08:53 AM

Thanks for that info. Patcholuli and Nancy Ginnm. Now I kinda know when that picture was taken maybe about 3 months ago.

The Following User Says Thank You to For My Baby For This Useful Post:
patchouli (11-14-2019)
Old 11-16-2019, 05:30 PM

If they're not moving then they only change the pic if their appearance has drastically changed, sometimes they won't even if they are moving if they still look the same because god forbid they do extra work lmao
The Following User Says Thank You to codef18 For This Useful Post:
For My Baby (11-20-2019)
Old 02-13-2020, 03:11 PM
Married May 27, 2017!

Quote:
Originally Posted by For My Baby View Post
After seeing the inmate photo of my MWI from the Colorado DOC Offender Search, my question is does anyone know how recent is that current photo there? I think I read somewhere in PTO that the inmate photos in the Offender Search are taken yearly on their birthdays. Is this fact? I'm just trying to get a handle on how recent that photo actually is.
It's not a fact. Until my husband went out on community corrections (then was thrown back in prison for not completing his homework in a timely manner despite having a good job and everything) his picture hadn't updated in the 15 years he'd been in prison.

When he was rebooked they took a new one.