Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ILLINOIS > Illinois Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Illinois Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in Illinois should be posted here.

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2009, 10:48 AM
djchitown djchitown is offline
Registered User

Join Date: May 2003
Location: Chicago, IL USA
Posts: 36
Thanks: 3
Thanked 22 Times in 7 Posts
Red face Not being able to pay probation fees, what can happen?


I am on probation and have no income but have to pay $20 a month for probation fees. I am wondering what could happen to me if I do not pay the fees? I generally pay $20 every other month but my probation officer advised me to try and stay current on my fees. Another probation officer said that if I miss payments over a consecutive period that I may be required to attend some kind of budgeting class. I do not want to have to borrow money to have the state monitor me. Hell let the taxpayers pay it since I didn't request it.

Can not paying be a violation of my probation? Will the probation officer treat me with disdain if I don't contribute to his payroll?


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2009, 02:18 PM
chris idoc's Avatar
chris idoc chris idoc is offline
Registered User
Donation Award 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: springfield, il
Posts: 319
Thanks: 77
Thanked 292 Times in 145 Posts

Probation is different from county to county..what I have found is that most will not file a petition to revoke your probation for nonpayment, but they also will not discharge you from probation without the fees being paid in full. So if you were sentenced to lets say 24 month probation and still have outstanding fines and fees then your 24 months can be extended almost indefinately until all fines and fees are paid. Then if you catch a new charge they can sentence your on the original probation as it has not been discharged. My recommendation would be to pay your probation fee and fines on the case as soon as you can....Good Luck
Reply With Quote


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:47 AM.
Copyright © 2001- 2017 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics