Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > CAPITAL PUNISHMENT > Death Row - Information Point > California Death Row
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

California Death Row Information and discussion that relates to Death Row in the state of California.

Old 05-05-2009, 04:57 PM

Default San Quentin DR details

hi all, trying to find details as to why a guy I know is on DR in San Quentin, he cant tell me many details as he is working on appeals. anyone know any good websites that could help me out ?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2009, 05:55 PM
andrew's wife

Have you tried to google his name
Old 05-05-2009, 06:11 PM

yep nothing comes up
Old 05-06-2009, 12:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summersweet01 View Post
hi all, trying to find details as to why a guy I know is on DR in San Quentin, he cant tell me many details as he is working on appeals. anyone know any good websites that could help me out ?
Coincidentally there was a spokesman from San Quentin on the news a few days ago. He said inmates on DR spend 19 hours a day in their cells and the rest of the time in the DR yard where they can play basketball and some limited weight lifting.

They get a bag lunch to take to the yard at lunch and all other meals are served in their cells. The routine is the same for day after day, month after month, year after year so naturally some inmates lose their mind.

There was an MSNBC program where a former DR inmate from San Quentin was interviewed and he said some inmates just go insane there.

Last edited by ADXDUNGEON; 05-06-2009 at 12:37 AM..
Old 05-06-2009, 02:10 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,593 Times in 1,589 Posts

What does this have to do with the question posted by the OP? All your post will do is cause distress to posters here with loved ones on SQ DR!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADXDUNGEON View Post
Coincidentally there was a spokesman from San Quentin on the news a few days ago. He said inmates on DR spend 19 hours a day in their cells and the rest of the time in the DR yard where they can play basketball and some limited weight lifting.

They get a bag lunch to take to the yard at lunch and all other meals are served in their cells. The routine is the same for day after day, month after month, year after year so naturally some inmates lose their mind.

There was an MSNBC program where a former DR inmate from San Quentin was interviewed and he said some inmates just go insane there.

America - land of the free, home of the incarcerated.

The USA has 5% of the worlds population and 25% of the the worlds prisoners.
The Following User Says Thank You to JJS811 For This Useful Post:
welshcake (05-06-2009)
Old 05-06-2009, 02:22 AM

Thanked 9,513 Times in 3,731 Posts

Quote:

LOL LOL

Yeahhh right! Her guy probably isn't one of these. He just can't talk about his case on the phone or in letters because he is doing his appeals.

Last edited by esteli; 05-06-2009 at 02:24 AM..
Old 05-06-2009, 05:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS811 View Post
What does this have to do with the question posted by the OP? All your post will do is cause distress to posters here with loved ones on SQ DR!!!
You must have not read the title of this thread because the title is "San Quentin DR details".

I provided the details that I heard from the San Quentin spokesman himself and an inmate who was actually THERE.

So I responded to this thread exactly as the title was stated.

Last edited by ADXDUNGEON; 05-06-2009 at 05:33 AM..
Old 05-06-2009, 05:59 AM

Thanks for your help guys - I had a PM and someone migt be able to help!! seems Texas loves to show off about the crimes of their inmates and California hides them away!!
Old 05-06-2009, 09:41 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,593 Times in 1,589 Posts

Hmmm - Yes very neatly twisted from the request of the OP to a chance to cause hurt to family and loved ones of people on SQ DR.

I would have thought it was obvious as PTO is a support site, than that is what the OP was asking for. Not a chance to dig. But there again hardly surprising from the poster who posted an article about how to kill our loved ones with gas!!! So pleased that thread was locked as quickly as it was...!

It is not too much to ask, to always be mindful PTO is a SUPPORT site. People come here for advice and support. We don't need to be reminded of the horrors our loved ones endure day after day!

Quote:
You must have not read the title of this thread because the title is "San Quentin DR details".

I provided the details that I heard from the San Quentin spokesman himself and an inmate who was actually THERE.

So I responded to this thread exactly as the title was stated.

America - land of the free, home of the incarcerated.

The USA has 5% of the worlds population and 25% of the the worlds prisoners.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JJS811 For This Useful Post:
JoLisaWalsh (05-07-2009), loulou8 (12-18-2010), mammastalkin (05-06-2009)
Old 05-06-2009, 04:14 PM
Donation Award 

i agree, jj, i didnt see any relevant answer to the question in adxdungeon's post
Old 05-06-2009, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summersweet01 View Post
Thanks for your help guys - I had a PM and someone migt be able to help!! seems Texas loves to show off about the crimes of their inmates and California hides them away!!

It is near impossible to find info on anybody in California. You are right, they do hide all infomation away.
Old 05-07-2009, 04:28 AM
andrew's wife

The only way you can find info is by the inmate himself
Old 05-07-2009, 08:19 AM

I found what I was looking for thanks to a great person on this site - thanks guys xx
Old 04-26-2010, 02:57 PM

hello everyone, i just wanted to say, i have a pp on DR, in San Quentin, and he doesn't really like to talk to much about what goes on in there, as they read his mail and then gets punished for certain things,,, all i know is it is very sad, and all i can do is pray that his mind stays strong.. it breaks my heart to hear some of the storries on here today, as i know everyone makes mistakes, and who are we to judge? only after we leave this world, can God judge us... who gives anyone the right to make these inmates suffer for so many years? i cannot speak for all, as i know that there is a reason for these men are locked up, as they have maybe taken someone elses life, a brother, a sister, a child, i dont know, i do know that justice can be served with a life sentence, a second chance can lead to a fruitful life later on, with every reason to give them that opportunity... its just a really touchy subject, and i feel for anyone who has any loved one behind bars, as my man is also on lock, i am blessed enough that he is getting released in 5 months, however not everyone has that chance to see their loved ones again....
The Following User Says Thank You to sunny shine For This Useful Post:
dreamsinthesky (08-15-2010)
Old 06-09-2010, 07:45 AM
andrew's wife

summer sweet my husband is on dr pm me if you need any questions answered
Old 06-09-2010, 07:50 PM

Thanked 2,157 Times in 1,467 Posts

(Edit: I just noticed the date of the posts in this new forum. Sorry about replying to what is no doubt a resolved problem. I'll still leave this post just in case it happens to help.)

You should be able to get the county of conviction. There is always some media coverage when the verdict is returned, or the inmate can tell you. Armed with that, the court file is a public record. If you can't get to that county, you can hire a paralegal or runner to copy material from the file. The is a lot of paper, but any motions will include a factual summary. If a conviction is within 90 days, there should be a public copy of a probation officer's report that'll summarize a lot of information. If an appeal was already filed, the trial transcripts may be available to read. (To get a copy of all the transcripts would be very expensive.)
The newspaper or TV reports aren't usually very good summaries, but they are probably better than no information.
Some local newpapers are subscription only, so you might have to buy a month of online service.

Last edited by Gryphon; 06-09-2010 at 07:53 PM..