Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > MISC. > PTO ARCHIVES > Prison Phones
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Prison Phones Discuss problems, solutions and other issues relating to institutional phone systems here

Old 02-04-2010, 12:18 PM
Bonnie & Clyde

Default DOES ANYBODY USE prisonlines.com PHONE SERVICE???

i currently decided to go with prsionline.com. Well i plan too, i was using global tel link but the represenatives are rude and are liers....one tell me this and the other will tell me something else! So im not trying to deal with them anymore. Now with prisonline.com they offer a pre-paid account of $10.00/MONTH for 100 minutes and they have differnt rates of course. It sounds soooo much cheaper than global-tel link and that is why i need information on it. Does anyone use this service prisonlines.com?????

Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2010, 07:17 PM

Never believe that is the total of the call. You still have a connection fee to pay.
The Following User Says Thank You to callinghome For This Useful Post:
gjtruefaith (04-23-2013)
Old 02-04-2010, 07:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIIZ4EVER View Post
i currently decided to go with prsionline.com. Well i plan too, i was using global tel link but the represenatives are rude and are liers....one tell me this and the other will tell me something else! So im not trying to deal with them anymore. Now with prisonline.com they offer a pre-paid account of $10.00/MONTH for 100 minutes and they have differnt rates of course. It sounds soooo much cheaper than global-tel link and that is why i need information on it. Does anyone use this service prisonlines.com?????
NO matter what you do, YOU WILL HAVE TO DEAL with GTL. I know the way that I found to work will not work for a lot of you in other states. JUST remember this: Department of Corrections are nothing but RULES, they are NOT 'Laws' and are beaten down by COURTS of LAW. I use MagicJack (NO one can tell ME how to spend MY money for whatever service I CHOOSE to use in MY house).
Old 02-04-2010, 07:39 PM
Hes My Happily Everafter

u canget collect calls w magic jack? or u have to set up a prepaid w gtl as well?
Old 02-04-2010, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotherWife2 View Post
NO matter what you do, YOU WILL HAVE TO DEAL with GTL. I know the way that I found to work will not work for a lot of you in other states. JUST remember this: Department of Corrections are nothing but RULES, they are NOT 'Laws' and are beaten down by COURTS of LAW. I use MagicJack (NO one can tell ME how to spend MY money for whatever service I CHOOSE to use in MY house).

I have magicjack too. Does he just call your phone and you don't get any charges?
Old 02-04-2010, 08:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsy123 View Post
I have magicjack too. Does he just call your phone and you don't get any charges?
I still HAVE to give GTL money, just not the RAPING charges cuz I have a local number to him.... and I am blessed to be able to put money on HIS account where ALL of the money goes to our calls without the stupid fees of prepaid (his calls are discounted TO me -whereas when I put money on MY end for GTL there are the addes BS fees).
Old 02-04-2010, 09:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shandoodle View Post
u canget collect calls w magic jack? or u have to set up a prepaid w gtl as well?
NO matter what, the ONLY and best way is to have prepaid with GTL --- You do not have to deal with the FREAKS only an automated computer. Sorry to say, but I prefer dealing with automated computers than stupid, hateful, nasty people --- from whatever country that has taken OUR JOBS.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:17 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,897 Times in 1,174 Posts

This company may be able to get you a local number, making your calls cheaper, but you will still have to get GTL regardless.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:05 AM

so every call an inmate uses to any number has to have a GTL account for that number?

Last edited by mybabyinjail; 02-15-2010 at 11:06 AM..
Old 02-15-2010, 11:27 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybabyinjail View Post
so every call an inmate uses to any number has to have a GTL account for that number?

Yes.
GTL has 4 types of accounts.
  1. Direct Billed. - calls charged directly to your at&t or Verizon home phone.
  2. Direct Remit- Prepaid to your cell( some states) or home phone that is not at&t or Verizon.
  3. Advance pay- prepaid account can be used on any phone, cell or Viop number like majic Jack.
  4. inmate debit account- where an inmate with $$ on their account can call you directly.
Depending on the state prison, federal prison or county jail the account type will vary. MOST state prisons using GTL will not allow services like prioncall.com. conscallhome.com. ear2ear.com or magic jack.

With Advance pay you can open an account thru an automated service. If it is Direct Remit you will have to fax in a phone bill before you can receive calls. If it is billed thru AT&T or Verizon all you have to do is make sure you dont have a block place by them or GTL from a previous account holder with that number.
Old 02-25-2010, 05:37 PM

We used to spend 1000-1500 on calls at one point during his bid. Now we pay 3.50, per 15 min call and my honey is saying that it is still too much. What can I do? Every online site says that it wants a min. connect of 100. What IS the cheapest way for phones?
Old 02-25-2010, 05:44 PM

honestly i havent had any probs. with GTL. when my man calls me we talk for 15 minutes and for the accepting the call and the 15 minute talk it only cost me 2.88
Old 02-25-2010, 06:01 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,897 Times in 1,174 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpantress823 View Post
We used to spend 1000-1500 on calls at one point during his bid. Now we pay 3.50, per 15 min call and my honey is saying that it is still too much. What can I do? Every online site says that it wants a min. connect of 100. What IS the cheapest way for phones?
I have found that vonage is the best way to go... I pay $24.99 a month for unlimited and long distance with all the features included like caller ID etc, plus some extra ones like simual ring (which is great for when you're not home). I am in Ca and my love is in NJ and we pay 2.35 a call. PM me with any questions.

www.vonage.com