Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia Prison Profiles > Georgia Private Prisons > Riverbend Correctional Facility
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Riverbend Correctional Facility Topics and discussion specific to Riverbend Correctional Facility

Old 04-12-2012, 08:10 AM
missing him

Default Riverbend Facility?

Well I have been up all night not knowing where my man is at? He called and told me that he is being transferred but didn't know where. I kept looking up on the GDOC but we all know they don't update it in real time. So, this morning I called them. Hes at Riverbend Facility. Does anyone know of this prison? Is it a state prison? What kind of facility is it? Thanks for any information.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2012, 02:22 PM
missing him

Well I found out this is a private prison. But why would they send him there and whats the difference in a state prison that he was at? ugh

Old 04-28-2012, 11:01 PM

Default riverbend

my son was just transferred to riverbend and i have no information on this facility other than it is a private prison, this is crazy to me, if i get any more information about riverbend i will let you know. hang in there
Old 05-03-2012, 08:27 PM
missing him

Thanks. My man says its alot better than the state prison he was in. He says they treat them so much better. Only thing he complain about is the prices for their store are much higher but since hes fed three times a day and quality is better he doesnt eat as much out of their store. But hoping this is hes last prison to go to. I will be visiting this summer sometime.

Old 05-04-2012, 08:15 AM

That is good news to hear, I did get to speak with my son counselor yesterday and she said for sure he will phone me today. Not sure how faraway it is for me to drive coming from valdosta, ga but I will make the drive regardless. How many different prisons has your man been in, I hope my son stay there until he come home. Thanks for that information on riverbend.
Old 05-05-2012, 02:09 AM
missing him

Hes been to 6 different one's now. About a year at each one. Hoping this is the last one.

Old 05-05-2012, 08:45 AM

good morning, why do they move them around so much doesnt make any sense to me.
Old 05-11-2012, 12:36 AM
missing him

It makes no sense to me either. I think they don't want them getting comfortable or in a routine to be honest. Tyreen has been at each prison 9 months to a year at each one.

Old 05-19-2012, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyreens_wifey79 View Post
It makes no sense to me either. I think they don't want them getting comfortable or in a routine to be honest. Tyreen has been at each prison 9 months to a year at each one.
Hi Tyreens wifey, just checking in on you. How are you? I know you are hanging in there. Have you spoken with hubby, I hope so and how is he coping? I just recieved papers to fill out for visit with son, I sure do miss him and want to see him so bad. I just want this nightmare to go away. Take care of yourself and we will talk soon.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:29 AM

Hi Tyreens_wifey and Mydearestson, how are you ladies doing? I hope all is well with you as well as your hubby and you son. Well I thought I was out here alone. My fiancee was transferred to Riverbend at the end of last year. He likes it some days and others he does not. It depends who is on staff. I have to agree with him on some issues. There are some officers there that have a heart and realize that they are in there for a reason but they are still human beings then there's some that think because they have a little bit of authority over them they can talk to them and treat them any kind of way. My fiancee said the food definitely is much better than the other prison he was at. The officers even eat in the dining hall with them. They eat the same food as them. The visitation is pretty good. I just hate having to take off my shoes and built so most of the time I just make sure I wear something that doesn't require me to wear it. Its almost like the want to strip search us before we can visit. The other prison he was at I only had to take my pockets out and go thru the metal detector. This prison seems to be more secured...I have to tell you though, the best day to go to visitation is Saturday because the food runs out fast. You wouldn't think it would because the prices are so high, but anything to feed my man and to see him happy for a few hours at least. If you can get there early that would be great because it fills up fast, and the visitation room isn't very big at all. The earlier you get there the faster your process will be, but the later you get there it seems like the officers slow down and take forever. Well I hope I've given you both a little enlightenment of the facility as a whole. God bless both of you as well as your husband and your son. I will pray for you both as well as them. Hope to talk with you soon and maybe we can share what we learn about the facility as a whole together.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:17 PM

MRS504, Thank you so much for thinking of us, it gives me great relief to know others care. I just sent out papers today at riverbend for approval for visitation. I cannot wait to see my son, I miss him so much he is my baby boy. I do have concerns with him he was born with tumors on his tongue and require surgery to remove them they always comes back. He has been going through surgery since the age of 6months old. The last time I saw him they were coming back and that was several months Back before he was shipped off. How are you doing? It sound as if riverbend may be a better facility than others I have heard of, nice to know food is much better their. Do you know how long it take to get approval once they recieve paperwork? I hope not long but understand how the system work at there own pace. Take care and God bless you and will keep you in my prayer's.
Old 05-27-2012, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyreens_wifey79 View Post
Well I have been up all night not knowing where my man is at? He called and told me that he is being transferred but didn't know where. I kept looking up on the GDOC but we all know they don't update it in real time. So, this morning I called them. Hes at Riverbend Facility. Does anyone know of this prison? Is it a state prison? What kind of facility is it? Thanks for any information.
All I know is that it is a private facility and there doesn't seem to be good control by the guards. SInce my son has been there a man had boilling water thrown on him, several stabbings and last week a murder. Open dorm. You can send a package through the access website throuigh tomorrow at 4:00.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:42 PM

I heard about the death of inmate and it scares the living hell out of me plus an open dorm how troublesome is that. I pray for my son each and every day to keep him well.
Old 06-03-2012, 10:04 PM

Default riverbend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs504 View Post
Hi Tyreens_wifey and Mydearestson, how are you ladies doing? I hope all is well with you as well as your hubby and you son. Well I thought I was out here alone. My fiancee was transferred to Riverbend at the end of last year. He likes it some days and others he does not. It depends who is on staff. I have to agree with him on some issues. There are some officers there that have a heart and realize that they are in there for a reason but they are still human beings then there's some that think because they have a little bit of authority over them they can talk to them and treat them any kind of way. My fiancee said the food definitely is much better than the other prison he was at. The officers even eat in the dining hall with them. They eat the same food as them. The visitation is pretty good. I just hate having to take off my shoes and built so most of the time I just make sure I wear something that doesn't require me to wear it. Its almost like the want to strip search us before we can visit. The other prison he was at I only had to take my pockets out and go thru the metal detector. This prison seems to be more secured...I have to tell you though, the best day to go to visitation is Saturday because the food runs out fast. You wouldn't think it would because the prices are so high, but anything to feed my man and to see him happy for a few hours at least. If you can get there early that would be great because it fills up fast, and the visitation room isn't very big at all. The earlier you get there the faster your process will be, but the later you get there it seems like the officers slow down and take forever. Well I hope I've given you both a little enlightenment of the facility as a whole. God bless both of you as well as your husband and your son. I will pray for you both as well as them. Hope to talk with you soon and maybe we can share what we learn about the facility as a whole together.
Hi Mrs504, hope all is well with you, I hear a lot of crazy things are going on at riverbend, killing, stabbing amongst other violent acts. Rumor said they shut it down just rumors not sure if true or not. I do know my son never get letters I have sent him and it drives me crazy knowing I sent letters yet they do not give to him. I hate all this prison crap it really stresses me out. I still get angry at times and have to pull my self together. Hang in there my new friend.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:58 AM

Default Riverbend

My husband was just transfer to Riverbend Milledgeville Ga. I was just looking up information on this prison and I can across your post and saw that you was close to where I live in Tifton Ga. I would like to know more information this prison and I'm also looking for someone I can ride with because I don't have tranportation right now, i'm willing to help with gas. I will inbox you my number. I also live in Valdosta for 9yrs. So we might know each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydearestson View Post
That is good news to hear, I did get to speak with my son counselor yesterday and she said for sure he will phone me today. Not sure how faraway it is for me to drive coming from valdosta, ga but I will make the drive regardless. How many different prisons has your man been in, I hope my son stay there until he come home. Thanks for that information on riverbend.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:00 AM

Default Riverbend Correctional Milledgeville Ga

Is anyone close to Tifton Ga and has a love one in Riverbend . please let me know.
Old 10-07-2012, 02:01 PM
missing him

I just thought I would come post on here today. Well my man is still in riverbend for the moment. There has been alot of violence going on. Alot of inmates being transferred out. Well bad news is my man is currently in the hole. I havent been able to find out why yet. I'm waiitng to get a letter. Its so frusterating and I sure hope he hasnt screwed up his chances for HWH this year. Ugh this hurts so much. I'm sorry I am rambling. I know we will get through it. I just hope its nothing serious. I hope everyone is doing well. HUGS

Old 10-10-2012, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greek0121 View Post
Is anyone close to Tifton Ga and has a love one in Riverbend . please let me know.
Hi sorry just getting back to you been in hospital for one week. Please inbox me your number i come through tifton on 75 to milledgeville it will be about two more weeks before i go have to get strength back from surgery
Old 11-14-2012, 10:28 PM

My fiance just got transferred to Riverbend, Any new info?
Old 11-15-2012, 09:17 AM

Default Riverbend #"s

My friend is at riverbend and has been for awhile its a new private camp that used to be Baldwin state prison. Do you have any contact numbers?? I haven"t received any mail in months from him, and need to speak with some one
Old 11-15-2012, 10:39 AM

Riverbend Correctional Facility

196 Laying Farm Road
Milledgeville, GA 31061
Phone: (478) 414-2300
Fax: (478) 414-2400
The Following User Says Thank You to KayKayBabe For This Useful Post:
CLOWDEE (11-15-2012)
Old 11-16-2012, 03:01 PM

OMG they are so damn rude at this place! Everyone I spoke to on the phone was a rude ***..
Old 11-17-2012, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs504 View Post

Can you tell me about the visitation? What days is it? How long are the visits? Are they contact visits? Do you stay in one room the whole time? Please any and every bit of info would help me.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:36 PM

My husband is in Riverbend and the visit rotato monthly. Like is your person has visit in Nov on Sundays he will have visit in Dec on Sat and so on. My husband don't like it he said its very unstaff and its hard for new people to get work detail or in any classes because the classes are so full and its not enough techers. The food is good and they feed the inmate well, but store is higher and this is a private prison.
KayKayBabe (11-19-2012)
Old 11-19-2012, 07:40 PM

The visit are 9am-3pm. But its best to be there by 8am because the lines get long and the vending machine give out fast.
KayKayBabe (11-19-2012)